British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Kings Lynn. Prem B. 1st August 2018

With the weather settling down after the weekend it looks set fair on the Dorset coast with a clear sunny day forecast and afternoon temperatures in the low to mid 20’s. Not as blisteringly hot as last week but that didn’t faze our track staff who put out an excellent track. I expect he same when Kings Lynn come visiting with new GP star NKI. Backed up by Robert Lambert they should be a much bigger threat than Leicester last week, wh fell apart at he seasom at the half way stage.

As long as we are full strength I think we will have too much in the bank for Lynn. A win should hopfully see us into the playoff berths.

Thoughts?

Big meeting this for both clubs. Only one winner for me. Lynn will put up a better fight than the Lions did, but sadly it won't be enough.

52-38 ish.. Lynn will do very well if they can nick a point.

17 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

With the weather settling down after the weekend it looks set fair on the Dorset coast with a clear sunny day forecast and afternoon temperatures in the low to mid 20’s. Not as blisteringly hot as last week but that didn’t faze our track staff who put out an excellent track. I expect he same when Kings Lynn come visiting with new GP star NKI. Backed up by Robert Lambert they should be a much bigger threat than Leicester last week, wh fell apart at he seasom at the half way stage.

As long as we are full strength I think we will have too much in the bank for Lynn. A win should hopfully see us into the playoff berths.

Thoughts?

Lets get 3 points tomorrow night first Steve.. And hopefully Somerset beat Lynn. Im sure they will be doing there best..

Edited by Starman2006

This meeting is a bit tricky to predict, we have a few riders who are a bit unpredictable at the moment. Niels could easily get 15 or his usual 8 while MPT and TJ could both score 7 or 8 or 3 or 4 it’s hard to say on current form. Also how will Newman go, let’s hope he wants to show Poole what they are missing. After all of this I think it will be close.

Poole should win this quite comfortably.Lynn really only have R.Lambert performing consistantly.All the others are up and down like yo yo's.S.Lambert shouldn't trouble the scoring unless there is an off or E/F.Newman may get 4-5 but he hasn't had a great season neither.Iversen very poor by his standards and can be beaten by any Poole rider.MPT,Jorgensen and Proctor well we will just have to wait and see for them,sometimes they are good and sometimes they are not.Those three do seem to take it in turns to have a bad meeting.

Obviously Lynn are seriously depleted with no Garrity and K.Andersen:rolleyes:

I'm going for 53-37 or 53-39.

Edited by tellboy
  • Like 1

50-40 and the racing to be 'excellent' even if it's really not.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Why don’t you come down and see for yourself? No reason it won’t be as good as last week. 

Work, new baby and the general reluctance to travel very far to watch speedway nowadays.

If everybody rides to the maximum of their ability we can win anywhere but as a team we are just so inconsistent, plus I can see us getting slaughtered at reserve with no Kerr. 

Woryna and Jakobsen at reserve on Wednesday.

Home matches have to be won by the home side.   Scoring less than the 3 pt for a win, would in fact be a massive loss. whereas an away team can still lose by less than 6 and they score a very valuable point.  

I see this as a comfortable  home win,      with  Lynn fighting hard for a point....    48 - 42    A top four position will be achieved by picking up points away from home...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Why don’t you come down and see for yourself? No reason it won’t be as good as last week. 

I've never heard you say it's been good racing when you have lost,only when you win funny that.

55-35 to the Stars - Poole are S#!+

• Haha 1

Thank you Daniel for that superlative comment very enlightening.

Good to know that quality debating is alive in Kings Lynn.  

Perhaps you now need to lie down brain cells quite rapidly die and you may not have to many to lose.

i hope it’s a great meeting and keeps interest in the sport I love , I hope it attracts a big crowd and may the best team win.

i hope it’s Poole but KL have some quality riders.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Mediman said:

Thank you Daniel for that superlative comment very enlightening.

Good to know that quality debating is alive in Kings Lynn.  

Perhaps you now need to lie down brain cells quite rapidly die and you may not have to many to lose.

i hope it’s a great meeting and keeps interest in the sport I love , I hope it attracts a big crowd and may the best team win.

i hope it’s Poole but KL have some quality riders.

someone who sees the bigger picture like myself :t: