British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Kings Lynn. Prem B. 1st August 2018

Also strictly speaking, pouring oil onto the track isn't against the rules. It's discouraged, but not against the rules.

...and where's Arthur?

1 minute ago, KevH said:

Actually they are!!

If you shot someone and then claimed it was an accident, do you think you would walk out of court?

I assumed context could be applied to my post but apparently I expected too much...

2 minutes ago, BurntFaceMan said:

I assumed context could be applied to my post but apparently I expected too much...

You made a statement which I have proven wrong.......if that is expecting too much, then yes you did.

Kings Lynn were completely mauled. Big crowd, great atmosphere, great racing on a superb race track, and oppo fans have no answer, except for some accidentally spilled oil after the meeting.

I have said all along, the Poole track produces top notch racing when it is prepared well. Now it is back in top order it isdoing exactly that. Only the NSS is a better track for racing. Some fantastic entertainment tonight. Made even better by pure sour grapes coming from east anglia.

Love it. Happy days!

Edited by Steve Shovlar

The SCB has two major objectives in developing this Environmental Code by a) encouraging Promotions to manage in a way that is sustainable for the environment and b) allowing Promotions to demonstrate to Local and National Governments that it is a responsible Member of the community, with the ability and willingness to contribute to the protection of critical aspects of the environment. 

This Code seeks to improve the relationship between Speedway and the community by paying particular attention to a) noise, fuel, protection of the ground, waste disposal and cleaning and b) the behaviour of all persons involved (directly or indirectly) e.g. spectators, promoters, riders, track managers etc. 

7.1 SCB appointed Environmental Audit Officials may inspect and report on a Promotions adherence to this Code. S/he shall have access to all information. 
7.2 Track Environmental Marshals shall make recommendations in respect of improving the environmental conditions by riders, Officials and spectators.
7.4 Fuel and oil must be handled in the correct manner, particularly in a way that avoids spillage

So, accident or otherwise, it's not actually against the rules to pour oil onto the track. It is however a rule that riders use an oil catcher.

11 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

So, Lambert's tweet is accurate. Surely he deserves an apology from the Poole fans. He's right, it's a disgrace and illegal to contaminate any grounds with oil.

His comments are clearly not about the racing on the track but rider's having to use oil catchers.

That is old engine oil. If that was a leak from the engine it would be in a line, not scattered like that. The tractor has ridden over the oil as can be seen by the tyre track in oil. If I saw oil hissing out like that i'd stop asap, not keep going..  That amount of oil loss would have caused the engine to grenade. Theres at least as much, if not more oil there than the tractor holds.It's not hydraulic oil either. Wrong colour. It wasn't there during the meeting but deffo looks like it was put down on purpose to me.

3 minutes ago, BurntFaceMan said:

The SCB has two major objectives in developing this Environmental Code by a) encouraging Promotions to manage in a way that is sustainable for the environment and b) allowing Promotions to demonstrate to Local and National Governments that it is a responsible Member of the community, with the ability and willingness to contribute to the protection of critical aspects of the environment. 

This Code seeks to improve the relationship between Speedway and the community by paying particular attention to a) noise, fuel, protection of the ground, waste disposal and cleaning and b) the behaviour of all persons involved (directly or indirectly) e.g. spectators, promoters, riders, track managers etc. 

7.1 SCB appointed Environmental Audit Officials may inspect and report on a Promotions adherence to this Code. S/he shall have access to all information. 
7.2 Track Environmental Marshals shall make recommendations in respect of improving the environmental conditions by riders, Officials and spectators.
7.4 Fuel and oil must be handled in the correct manner, particularly in a way that avoids spillage

So, accident or otherwise, it's not actually against the rules to pour oil onto the track. It is however a rule that riders use an oil catcher.

That’s not how I interpret those rules!!

All this crap deflecting from the result.

What a win! So easy and so classy! Completely destroyed Kings Lynn. Hope Lynn make the playoffs, so we can do it again. Ruthless Lambert? More like roofless Lambert!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, poole keith said:

great meeting,crowd, racing,and result.stayed a while after the meeting chatting and waiting for traffic to clear,seen the oil put down from a container,on entrance to first bend and into the bend,lambert photo it on his way to shower,must help track prep,remember riders always said tracks were good in 50s and60s because of the oil that leaked from the engines

Oh. There you go..... From a Poole fan who saw it.. Illegal track prep ??  I don't know, maybe it's all fine and dandy ?

Just now, Trees said:

That’s not how I interpret those rules!!

But it's not a rule. It clearly states it's an encouragement and doesn't list any sanctions for not following the encouraged code.

I think the rest of the league are running scared, Poole are on the march, we will beat any team over 2 legs, and all this crap about oil on the track, apparently the tracker broke down after the meeting, lots of sour grapes around tonight, chop chop chop

• Like 2

Just now, ReadingRacer2017 said:

Time to dock points BSPA, 10 should do it. Matt Fraud can’t get away with this one.

Get away with winning? 

1 hour ago, phillipsr said:

Usual crap track from Poole then... not sure why anyone is surprised its always s**t... and to think some had the cheek to have a go at Swindon 

You mean when Swindon riders moan about their own track?? B)