British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Kings Lynn. Prem B. 1st August 2018

7 hours ago, Trees said:

Poole have been a VERY well supported club both on a sponsorship and fan level even if things aren't so good now. 

Hmmmm .... think you’ll find Poole were supporting every other club until they signed their latest round of ringers! :)

Edited by DC2

38 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Hmmmm .... think you’ll find Poole were supporting every other club until they signed their latest round of ringers! :)

Haha, we have no ringers just 7 good riders performing as a team with great team spirit and the manager isn't moaning about his riders under performing. We have made only two unforced changes.

It would have been 7.26 if he had signed at the start of the year for a PL club. 

He signed part way through the season so he then used his converted CL average. 

8 hours ago, ouch said:

It would have been 7.26 if he had signed at the start of the year for a PL club. 

He signed part way through the season so he then used his converted CL average. 

But there are so many discrepancies on averages.You have Toft and Nielsen sign part way through the season but come in on their previous Premier averages.Although they hadn't gained a new average in the Champioship when they signed in the PL,so this could be used as an excuse.But then you have NBJ who too hadn't gained a new average in the Championship when signed for Rye yet they don't give him his old PL average instead they convert his CL average.

The wonderful world of BSPA averages:blink:

• Like 1

Yes, it’s been particularly poor this year. I’ve emailed them about averages but had no response. 

Turns out the Lynn game plan worked perfectly for this meeting. 

Didn’t bother putting the effort in on the motocross track as we knew we were always going to finish above Poole. Led them into a false sense of security and then smashed them last night. It’s clear Lynn were never trying for this one, we never wanted to win it. 

Edited by therefused
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, therefused said:

Didn’t bother putting the effort in on the motocross track as we knew we were always going to finish above Poole. Led them into a false sense of security and then smashed them last night. It’s clear Lynn were never trying for this one, we never wanted to win it. 

Yes but taking last night as the 'return' fixture that would give Poole the edge on aggregate.:party:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Yes but taking last night as the 'return' fixture that would give Poole the edge on aggregate.:party:

Precisely, which is why we won’t be picking them if we finish top.

15 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Precisely, which is why we won’t be picking them if we finish top.

Booo, I want to know if I'm right or not. Ah well, just have to beat Somerset then! B)

I still have a big grin on my face after last night's meeting. Poole had their arses whopped. King's Lynn dished out one hell of a beating.  :party:

(Amazing what you can do with a bit of copying and pasting!)   ;)

56 minutes ago, Starboy118 said:

I still have a big grin on my face after last night's meeting. Poole had their arses whopped. King's Lynn dished out one hell of a beating.  :party:

(Amazing what you can do with a bit of copying and pasting!)   ;)

You do realise Poole handed out a much bigger arse whopping to Kings Lynn and could have had 65 but for a fall and ef. We would still have won on aggregate. :cheers:

41 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

You do realise Poole handed out a much bigger arse whopping to Kings Lynn and could have had 65 but for a fall and ef. We would still have won on aggregate. :cheers:

Agree Steve but at the moment you just don't know which Poole team will turn up. Cannot remember so much inconsistency in so many top class riders incl Jakobsen.

My take on it is that with last night not being important they are keeping their GSA's low with a view to next  season being at Poole. Def the case with Kurtz/Wory/Jak. I think if they keep their current GSA's (as per Poole website rider stats after last night) they will be good for 2019 plus gives Matt plenty of upside in team building. Maybe also with one or even both Holders back ?? Strength in depth and not one anywhere near 8 points GSA. Could also be important if there are changes planned for the League structure and if they are going to implement say a rule to incorporate at least 1 if not 2 UK N/L youngsters per team.

After Jon Cook leaked a comment about the BSPA's exciting plans for 2019. We shall see. The point being that Matt Ford probably already knows what moves are being discussed in  respect of 2019 already and may be planning accordingly.

All promoters know what has been discussed and proposed for 2019 so anyone NOT planning accordingly will only suffer the consequences!!

46 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

All promoters know what has been discussed and proposed for 2019 so anyone NOT planning accordingly will only suffer the consequences!!

The really sensible ones know it is sometimes foolish to rely on what appears to be the plan in August being the one agreed in November, like FNR Monday and Thursday and only one over 8. They have plans B,C etc in the hope that they  will cover the last minute fag packet proposals that are put forward and agreed.

Edited by Aces51

12 hours ago, therefused said:

Are you sure your not a secret Poole fan :rofl: :t: