British Speedway Forum
eaglesno1

Kent v Eastbourne 30/07

18 hours ago, GWC said:

On this occasion track staff reminding the rider able to walk away in no uncertain terms the he should go and check on the rider in the fence.

Track staff totally out of order. How can that help if a rider is on the track needing attention? He won't get any of that from a fellow rider.

The only people who should be with the injured rider are the paramedic and medical staff. I've no time for all this nonsense of the world and his wife jumping out of the fence to surround an injured rider. That's the last thing medical staff need.

As for the "rider who walked away", the correct thing to do is check with the injured rider either on his way back to, or in the pits. 

I am all for riders caring about each other (I'm sure they do) but please don't get in the way of those who have a vital job to do.

• Like 1

Brennan supporters seem to have selective short memories - he wiped out Tom Bacon in heat 15 of the home match against Birmingham on 30 June 2018.

Disgraceful time wasting by Eastbourne riders no doubt prompted by their manager.

Hopefully Stoneman should have a speedy recovery from his alarming crashes.

By the way I was at the meeting.

Did Eastbourne break any rules in delaying the time? Surely if a football team is 1-0 up in a crunch match they put the ball in the corner of the pitch? Dugard JNR has one general job as team manager and that is to get as many points as possible and although I do not agree with the way Eastbourne went about it last night they did what anybody else would do to get that point that may prove vital at the end of the year.

Did Eastbourne break any rules in delaying the time? Surely if a football team is 1-0 up in a crunch match they put the ball in the corner of the pitch? Dugard JNR has one general job as team manager and that is to get as many points as possible and although I do not agree with the way Eastbourne went about it last night they did what anybody else would do to get that point that may prove vital at the end of the year. Wishing all those injured a speedy recovery. 

1 hour ago, Vic Meldrew said:

Brennan supporters seem to have selective short memories - he wiped out Tom Bacon in heat 15 of the home match against Birmingham on 30 June 2018.

Disgraceful time wasting by Eastbourne riders no doubt prompted by their manager.

Hopefully Stoneman should have a speedy recovery from his alarming crashes.

By the way I was at the meeting.

He never even touched tom bacon, tom just bailed out tbh, i cannot believe you posted that tbh, the rest of your post is bang on

55 minutes ago, TurnTwo said:

Did Eastbourne break any rules in delaying the time? Surely if a football team is 1-0 up in a crunch match they put the ball in the corner of the pitch? Dugard JNR has one general job as team manager and that is to get as many points as possible and although I do not agree with the way Eastbourne went about it last night they did what anybody else would do to get that point that may prove vital at the end of the year. Wishing all those injured a speedy recovery. 

Why would they delay the meeting to get a point, when the last two heats should never have been run due to the curfew. They slowed the match down to get it abandoned, with little regard to us fans that had paid to watch their antics. With the meeting restarting at 20.10, six heats were never going to be completed in twenty minutes. They must have got a shock to see it go past cut off time. It's just a shame they got a point for their 'efforts'

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TurnTwo said:

Did Eastbourne break any rules in delaying the time? Surely if a football team is 1-0 up in a crunch match they put the ball in the corner of the pitch? Dugard JNR has one general job as team manager and that is to get as many points as possible and although I do not agree with the way Eastbourne went about it last night they did what anybody else would do to get that point that may prove vital at the end of the year.

That was nothing to do with protecting 1 point. If Eastbourne were happy with 1 point they would have done there best to get to heat 10 for a result & collect their 1 point.   Kent were 9 points up after heat 5 & Eastbourne were never going to claw that back by heat 10, hence all the ridiculous delay tactics by Eastbourne to stop the meeting reaching heat 10 before the 8.30 curfew & deny Kent the win.  

1 hour ago, ruckerroo said:

He never even touched tom bacon, tom just bailed out tbh, i cannot believe you posted that tbh, the rest of your post is bang on

So why did the referee exclude Brennan then!?

Coz he completely bottled it as lots of refs do. Oddly kelsey dugards put the incident up from last night, tom hit a bump going into turn 3, it straightened him up and straight into the luckless stoneham, nasty incident tbh

21 minutes ago, flipper11 said:

So why did the referee exclude Brennan then!?

Er, ever witnessed a referee being wrong?.....

Apart from the blindingly obvious, as supporters we can argue about some incidents forever - it's only the riders who know the truth.

I think it speaks volumes that the first thing Bacon did when he got to his feet was to shake hands with Brennan. 

Surely, that's all that matters.

I've watched the Brennan incident a few times now and it was plainly obvious on first viewing that there was absolutely no intent to harm anyone on anyone's part .. You need your head testing if you think that was deliberate on brennans part ..

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Richard Weston said:

Track staff totally out of order. How can that help if a rider is on the track needing attention? He won't get any of that from a fellow rider.

The only people who should be with the injured rider are the paramedic and medical staff. I've no time for all this nonsense of the world and his wife jumping out of the fence to surround an injured rider. That's the last thing medical staff need.

As for the "rider who walked away", the correct thing to do is check with the injured rider either on his way back to, or in the pits. 

I am all for riders caring about each other (I'm sure they do) but please don't get in the way of those who have a vital job to do.

Appears we have a differing sense of purpose Richard.

Surely if Eastbourne riders were messing about the red could just put the 2 minutes on and exclude them 

25 minutes ago, bruno said:

Surely if Eastbourne riders were messing about the red could just put the 2 minutes on and exclude them 

He did exclude them. It just added to the delays.