British Speedway Forum
eaglesno1

Kent v Eastbourne 30/07

On 7/30/2018 at 10:32 PM, cityrebel said:

Here is my view as a neutral who was at the meeting. The track was a bit tricky at the start and no doubt contributed to the two major incidents. With a two hour curfew in place, Kent should consider employing a second ambulance to help keep delays at a minimum. Lastly with a big holiday crowd in attendance, Eastbourne's delaying tactics to slow the meeting down were a disgrace. With the sport suffering at all levels, selfish antics are the last thing speedway needs.

My thoughts exactly. You cant plan a meeting without accidents. 2nd meeting on the trot that has failed to go 15 heats but clear confirmation one medic is just not enough with a 2hr deadline. Eastbourne’s antics with all the problems in British Speedway were disgusting, a kick in the teeth for the paying public especially as it was a much bigger crowd than recent Kent meetings. As for dirty riding nonsense accidents happen 

How a 2 hour window is not a big enough window is beyond me.  Think even clubs with later curfews would have struggled  with an over 1 hour delay after 4 heats.

It's one of those things, earlier in the season with the threat of rain we had a meeting done by not long after 7.30...

Firstly, best wishes to William and Nathan following their unfortunate accidents.

Kelsey Dugard has posted footage of the incident on Facebook. It is from someone in the crowd.

Make your own mind up. (I wasnt there but have been reading comments on here)

As a reasonably regular visitor to Central Park I have noticed that  for most heats invariably it is the home riders who are last out to the tapes keeping the visiting riders (and the crowd) waiting right up to the expiry of the 2 mins....This was illustrated perfectly on Monday in heat 1 when Boxall took ages to come out of pits ... Just saying that against Brum that accumulation of 'wasted' time  came back to haunt them later as Brummies used time-wasting tactics...I am not the only one who has noticed this trend by the home riders week after week.......

On 7/31/2018 at 9:01 AM, Vic Meldrew said:

Eastbourne - what a pathetic excuse for a speedway team and manager!!

at least they haven't deliberately flooded the track to get a meeting postponed and stupidly done it when a member of the opposing team lives 20 mins down the road , now who was that with the short memory again ?

8 hours ago, Mike.Butler said:

As a reasonably regular visitor to Central Park I have noticed that  for most heats invariably it is the home riders who are last out to the tapes keeping the visiting riders (and the crowd) waiting right up to the expiry of the 2 mins....This was illustrated perfectly on Monday in heat 1 when Boxall took ages to come out of pits ... Just saying that against Brum that accumulation of 'wasted' time  came back to haunt them later as Brummies used time-wasting tactics...I am not the only one who has noticed this trend by the home riders week after week.......

Boxall was first out but returned back up the slope - then came out last

Sadly I was at this speedway meeting on Monday.Not one I care to remember ... a real bore.  It was very poor value for money - the entertainment was completely ruined by the lack of machine control shown by riders O Keefe , Edwards and Brennan. 

These young lads need further training before being put on display to the paying public. 

The time wasting tactics by the Eastbourne rider Powell was disgraceful.The Eastbourne team “manager” should have taken action and spoken to Powell immediately to remind him that he is there to entertain the paying public and not act like a silly schoolboy having a tantrum. 

If 2 hours isn’t enough time to run 15 heats of one  minute duration, it’s not a sport I will pay to watch.

Sadly I see the same nonsense of poor presentation at Lakeside.

6 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Sadly I was at this speedway meeting on Monday.Not one I care to remember ... a real bore.  It was very poor value for money - the entertainment was completely ruined by the lack of machine control shown by riders O Keefe , Edwards and Brennan. 

These young lads need further training before being put on display to the paying public. 

The time wasting tactics by the Eastbourne rider Powell was disgraceful.The Eastbourne team “manager” should have taken action and spoken to Powell immediately to remind him that he is there to entertain the paying public and not act like a silly schoolboy having a tantrum. 

If 2 hours isn’t enough time to run 15 heats of one  minute duration, it’s not a sport I will pay to watch.

Sadly I see the same nonsense of poor presentation at Lakeside.

LOL at the further training remark - are you serious (especially about Brennan and Edwards)?!

I think you'll find that the team manager was telling the riders to behave like that.

Edited by whistlegang

Edited by Guest
Error

15 hours ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Remarks like this made as a one off judgement do annoy me.

All three of these riders are more than capable of controlling their bikes and worthy of being put in front of the paying public. I have seen the best of riders (even in the top leagues) made to look amateur  on certain tracks or conditions. To suggest they should be hidden away somewhere and get more training is stupid. (What number is Tom at again)?

I think the whole thing has been blown out of proportion, most likely by the shocking looking accident that Nathan had. It is never nice to see a rider slam into the fence like that and emotions can run high when its due to being taken out by an opposing rider.  I have seen a lot worse in my years of watching speedway. Lukaz Dryml being taken out at Birmingham by Daniel Nermark  springs to mind and that left Lukaz on the sidelines for some time. But, we got over it, thats speedway.

Then there are suggestions that little ole Tom did it on purpose. Well, maybe he is pretty skillful after all? To take the risk at that sort of speed and take someone out of the meeting but know that you will end up okay, thats clever! Oh but yeh, your gonna get excluded!!

Time wasting? Well how many times has someone watch their team and a rider goes down. Under your breath or sometime out loud you say "Stay Down" get a re run! Again, I have seen my team on the bad side of the rules. Well up at Arlington when the rain starts to come down, home riders at the tapes while the away riders are standing looking at the track and asking for a referee inspection. Or the opposing team purposely getting a 5 - 0 to bring in a tat sub in the next race! But, we got over it, thats speedway.

So, we have a team with a crazy curfew. Our riders have thrown away points and we are down. Sorry, but I for one was looking at the time and thinking, hopefully we can get to 8.30 before heat 10. Dam right the Eastbourne management should be thinking that same thing! It up to the ref to control this, as soon as the riders go over the tapes at the end of four laps, get the 2 minutes on. If a rider is doing a lap of honour, whats stopping the four riders getting out for the next race? I am told that the race after that, the Kent rider did a lap of honour for winning as race (but that may be hearsay).

Seems like get got their justice and won the match. Would they have gone on an got the 4 points without the Eastbourne 'time wasting'? Well I would say that heats 13 and 15 may have looked pretty good for Eastbourne and once Jason and Tom stopped throwing things away, maybe we would have overturned the lead, who knows?

Just move on everybody!

I have moved on. Last night I saw an excellent meeting at somerset, that produced some great racing. The match started on time at 7.30, and finished at 9pm. There was a big crowd in attendance, perfect speedway I'd say.

Well, Cityrebel, great that you had a good meeting at Somerset. It IS an exciting track.  Without actually saying so, you imply that this does not

happen at Eastbourne or Kent.  That is unfair.  I visit both tracks and by far the vast majority of meetings are run within an hour and a half, or

near enough so.  Even Somerset could not handle an hours hold up because of a serious accident. In the previous match against Birmingham

there was the most alarming crash in heat 13 as Shanes caught Bowen as he passed him in the home straight to send Bowen hurtling into the

fence at about 60mph.. Result was that the curfew was exceeded.  Such things happen everywhere, so to criticise any one track when it happens

is purely ridiculous.

• Like 1

Get your facts right, I am not implying any such thing. You seem to read things into people's posts that are not there. After Mondays stressful meeting at Kent, it was nice to attend a trouble free match at somerset. Is that clear enough for you.

On 8/2/2018 at 11:33 AM, cityrebel said:

Get your facts right, I am not implying any such thing. You seem to read things into people's posts that are not there. After Mondays stressful meeting at Kent, it was nice to attend a trouble free match at somerset. Is that clear enough for you.

If you were NOT implying that Somerset was better...the why did you post about it in the 1st place on this particular thread daling

with curfews ? Your visit to Somerset is irrelevant..

1 hour ago, East End Fan said:

If you were NOT implying that Somerset was better...the why did you post about it in the 1st place on this particular thread daling

with curfews ? Your visit to Somerset is irrelevant..

Just like all of your posts.