British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Heathen1984

Birmingham Brummies v Cradley heathens

Guest GiveusaB
14 minutes ago, Brummie Kev said:

Alot better than I thought it would be, we drew with them with pretty much nothing from reserve. If only Greenwood had managed to hold off Edwards in 1 of his first two rides, it could have been adifferent story. Brennan brilliant choice of guest, rode well, fair play to him for effort he showed. After last weeks horror show, tonight was much different and im proud of the lads. All the best to Cradley in the final.

ALL the best to MILDENHALL in the final ! :t:

I’m getting quite good at these Birmingham predictions :) forget the World Cup cat haha

Edited by TurnTwo

A moral victory for the Brummies against a select team of heat leaders and second strings.

Cradley should be getting 50 points plus in every meeting with kind of side. Looks like you can’t buy success.

A much better meeting with some great racing and a good crowd. Great to see.

• Like 1

Guest GiveusaB

Does anyone know what sort of track times Dan Gilkes was posting in the MDL ?

When you have a top two riding like Shanes and Bacon did last night it will usually be pretty close, being a Cradley fan of a certain vintage you got used to being 6 down with a few races left knowing there were at least two heat advantages to be had in the latter heats and it was the same for Birmingham last night.  We needed to have a decent lead going into the last few races and we just about managed it even with only 5 or 6 race winners all night.  With a solid reserve in the Brummies team the result would have been very different, but that's the one thing you could have predicted with confidence before the meeting

I thought the turning point may have been when Richard Andrews came to grief chasing down Shanes when we were on a 4-2 and the re-run was a 4-2 to the Brummies, although the way Shanes was riding you wouldn't bet against him winning the race from that point anyway.  The move he made in Heat 15 to cut through into second place coming off the 2nd bend was a beauty, though I would perhaps not have appreciated it so much if the result was in the balance ;)

Just now, GiveusaB said:

Does anyone know what sort of track times Dan Gilkes was posting in the MDL ?

Heat 1 of the MDL meeting he won in 53. something seconds, beating Jamie Sealey by a decent distance.  He looked good in that race, although I only saw it as we were leaving

• Like 1

Guest GiveusaB
8 minutes ago, MattJ81 said:

Heat 1 of the MDL meeting he won in 53. something seconds, beating Jamie Sealey by a decent distance.  He looked good in that race, although I only saw it as we were leaving

Cheers!

I think it would've been 63. ? though :t: I noticed he shut off with about 10 yards to go .....so he's definitely up to 'race' competition !

We just need to persuade him to join us now ?

Last night just shows what a complete and utter joke our sport has become The Isle-Of-Wight, Kent Plymouth, Eastbourne & Belle Vue Heathens with a starting average of over 50 points 

Now I know why Nigel Pearson loves Poole so much !!!!!!

6 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Cheers!

I think it would've been 63. ? though :t: I noticed he shut off with about 10 yards to go .....so he's definitely up to 'race' competition !

We just need to persuade him to join us now ?

63.82 and 64.97 (when he shut off). There was also a very reckless crash with Sealey.

• Like 1

Oh just one small gripe, and I'm sure it's nothing the Birmingham promotion have much control over but the food outlet being closed at the start of the interval wasn't great.  Whether the (I understand) larger than usual crowd had cleaned them out of supplies I don't know but when there isn't any other option to get food in the stadium it's not ideal.

One thing that the Brummies promotion did have control over was the entertainment on the centre green for the kids during the interval, a great and fantastically simple idea which my 10 year old really enjoyed :t: 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, *JJ said:

63.82 and 64.97 (when he shut off). There was also a very reckless crash with Sealey.

Sorry I must have misheard - I did make a point that 53 sounded really quick!

2 minutes ago, MattJ81 said:

Sorry I must have misheard - I did make a point that 53 sounded really quick!

Anybody who can do 53 seconds is superhuman! Track record is 56.6!;)

12 minutes ago, *JJ said:

Sealey doesn't have a lot of luck in 2nd halves

Guest GiveusaB
10 minutes ago, MattJ81 said:

Oh just one small gripe, and I'm sure it's nothing the Birmingham promotion have much control over but the food outlet being closed at the start of the interval wasn't great.  Whether the (I understand) larger than usual crowd had cleaned them out of supplies I don't know but when there isn't any other option to get food in the stadium it's not ideal.

One thing that the Brummies promotion did have control over was the entertainment on the centre green for the kids during the interval, a great and fantastically simple idea which my 10 year old really enjoyed :t: 

We don't eat as much as you Heathens ! :t: joking of course ! :D

We drink more lately to drown our sorrows ! :cheers:

Shame to get so close, as said if only Greenwood had held off Edwards one of those times, but a draw is still a very credible result. Problems are still the same, there has to be someone better than Sealey right? And it's a shame to see Greenwood as he is, shadow of the rider he was when we first came into the NL.

My first visit for a few months having been away, surprised no-one had mentioned how dusty it was? It was crazy that they didn't put more water on it in the second and third track grade, has this been the norm? Appreciate it's been hot on a frequent basis but has our access to water really been limited that much?

Guest GiveusaB
25 minutes ago, CUFC_Brummie said:

Shame to get so close, as said if only Greenwood had held off Edwards one of those times, but a draw is still a very credible result. Problems are still the same, there has to be someone better than Sealey right? And it's a shame to see Greenwood as he is, shadow of the rider he was when we first came into the NL.

My first visit for a few months having been away, surprised no-one had mentioned how dusty it was? It was crazy that they didn't put more water on it in the second and third track grade, has this been the norm? Appreciate it's been hot on a frequent basis but has our access to water really been limited that much?

Quite right about the dust? I can only think that it was left the way it was because there was a fair amount of grip on the outside....hence the excellent passing moves by Shanes/Bacon/Edwards ?

The track has been very inconsistent of late.....last night was the best it's been in a while (imo) (however, everyone should've been given a free pair of goggles on the way in....) :D