British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Heathen1984

Birmingham Brummies v Cradley heathens

3 hours ago, sancho said:

Last night just shows what a complete and utter joke our sport has become The Isle-Of-Wight, Kent Plymouth, Eastbourne & Belle Vue Heathens with a starting average of over 50 points 

Now I know why Nigel Pearson loves Poole so much !!!!!!

What are you on about?

7 hours ago, MattJ81 said:

One thing that the Brummies promotion did have control over was the entertainment on the centre green for the kids during the interval, a great and fantastically simple idea which my 10 year old really enjoyed :t: 

Thats good to hear, I think the interval entertainment for kids has been a great introduction from the new management. Every week they do something, the best was the tug of war when the Brummies and Buxton riders had a match up, of course the Brummies won!:D

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MattJ81 said:

When you have a top two riding like Shanes and Bacon did last night it will usually be pretty close, being a Cradley fan of a certain vintage you got used to being 6 down with a few races left knowing there were at least two heat advantages to be had in the latter heats and it was the same for Birmingham last night.  We needed to have a decent lead going into the last few races and we just about managed it even with only 5 or 6 race winners all night.  With a solid reserve in the Brummies team the result would have been very different, but that's the one thing you could have predicted with confidence before the meeting

I thought the turning point may have been when Richard Andrews came to grief chasing down Shanes when we were on a 4-2 and the re-run was a 4-2 to the Brummies, although the way Shanes was riding you wouldn't bet against him winning the race from that point anyway.  The move he made in Heat 15 to cut through into second place coming off the 2nd bend was a beauty, though I would perhaps not have appreciated it so much if the result was in the balance ;)

Heat 1 of the MDL meeting he won in 53. something seconds, beating Jamie Sealey by a decent distance.  He looked good in that race, although I only saw it as we were leaving

And you my friend are the only reason I would want cradley to win the final a fair balanced decent guy who who summed it up great . Delighted your son enjoyed the half time participation we do it every week so come down again I'm sure most brummies will agree your more than welcome...

oh and the family from the Welsh borders who were cradley fans hope you got home safe and thanks for your company good banter if you ever read this ...

• Like 1

Twas a great match with some fantastic racing. James Shanes in particular was spectacular. Also Tom Bacon gave lie to the myth that he cannot make a pass as he went around Ben Morley. I have heard of some misdemeanours from some Cradley fans and hope this isn't true. From my vantage point I wasn't aware of any.

I wasn't expecting the match to be that close and thought we were dead and buried when 8 points behind. But the guys gave it everything and I am proud of each and every one of them. I am also proud of the support we gave them. Most (and I have to be honest and include myself) thought we were in for a hiding and thats never nice particularly when its the noisy neighbours inflicting the pain. But we turned up in numbers and never stopped supporting even when 8 points behind. For me thats what being a Brummie fan is all about and I know that the riders appreciated it.

Now the next thing I have to say is well done to the  Cradley Cubs. I wish you luck in the Final. However you really should have been able to put us to the sword last night and if you want to win the Cradley Benefit Trophy then you will need that luck if you ride like that again. I think last night we saw the difference between a real team and a team of mercenaries. I also wish Mildenhall luck as well. Obviously my hopes will lie with them.

Now we have to concentrate on the League and fight as hard as we can for the play offs. Its going to be difficult but not impossible. We will need to make changes but I know that Lawrence Rodgers and the management are working day and night to make that happen. Watch this space.

Looking forward to the Cradley Cubs Hammer meeting as well. I think Tom Bacon has a good chance in that.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, *JJ said:

63.82 and 64.97 (when he shut off). There was also a very reckless crash with Sealey.

22 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Sealey doesn't have a lot of luck in 2nd halves

It was actually Tom Spencer, Jamie was safely out of the way on this occasion!