British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ReadingRacer2017

01/08/2018 : Somerset v Swindon : Premiership

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Hey DC2, can you fill in the missing letters please?

Gl..

..ug

.lu.

:cheers:

It's ok though because he doesn't mind losing he just wants the same team all season!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

....and back to the top of the league we go, and still the only team undefeated at home in the league!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Najjer said:

....and back to the top of the league we go, and still the only team undefeated at home in the league!

Sounds good to me Najjer!! :party:

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Nothing to do with the reserves  Batch 2  points only  tonight ( he has been great all year)  Adam who again has been really good only 5 Tobi a slow start finished strongly.The Swindon top five has not clicked anough in the last two months that is the design of the side if our top five fail it does not matter what the reserves do.

Totally agree Sid. Last season the top 5 continued to click together on a consistent  basis hence the long run undefeated but this year there always seems to be one or two riders off the pace on the night. 

We have to hope that it comes good again at some point before the end of the season. 

This Swindon team needs ripping up for 2019. Keep Ellis, Musielak, Wajtknecht. Morris needs a fresh start elsewhere, I’d bring back Doyle but not sure he’d want to return now. Bellego was lucky to get a place in 2018, surely no such luck in 2019.

Just now, Gresham78 said:

Totally agree Sid. Last season the top 5 continued to click together on a consistent  basis hence the long run undefeated but this year there always seems to be one or two riders off the pace on the night. 

We have to hope that it comes good again at some point before the end of the season. 

To be honest Gresh i thought we would barely get a top four finish but if Morris kicked on and the top five clicked we would be fine.Now we have to beat Belle Vue / Poole at home be interesting to see if Wolves make changes they look vulnerable now and could be the one to    miss out.

3 minutes ago, ReadingRacer2017 said:

This Swindon team needs ripping up for 2019. Keep Ellis, Musielak, Wajtknecht. Morris needs a fresh start elsewhere, I’d bring back Doyle but not sure he’d want to return now. Bellego was lucky to get a place in 2018, surely no such luck in 2019.

Please do. Bellego has to be on the Somerset wish list for 2019. He's mustard at the OTA as proven again tonight.

• Like 2

Just now, Sidney the robin said:

To be honest Gresh i thought we would barely get a top four finish but if Morris kicked on and the top five clicked we would be fine.Now we have to beat Belle Vue / Poole at home be interesting to see if Wolves make changes they look vulnerable now and could be the one to    miss out.

Let’s be honest, we all love Nick Morris but the decision to drop Jason for Nick has backfired. Weak reserves and no high scoring number 1.

1 minute ago, Najjer said:

Please do. Bellego has to be on the Somerset wish list for 2019. He's mustard at the OTA as proven again tonight.

He will be on a decent low average as well. You have Bellego and we have Doyle. Deal

Edited by ReadingRacer2017

5 minutes ago, ReadingRacer2017 said:

Yes Bellego, who massively upped his starting average in 2017,  was very lucky to get a place this season.

Just now, thecoombdog said:

Yes Bellego, who massively upped his starting average in 2017,  was very lucky to get a place this season.

Didn’t tell the whole story though did it, his form at the end of 2017 season was not that of a 7.30 rider. 

Always good racing at OTA. Good crowd, plenty from Swindon. Somerset fully deserved the points. Apart from heat 15 Swindon were pants, no excuses. Tobi, Dave, Rohan, tried hard, Batch awful.

Robins may sneak into playoffs with the amount of home fixtures left.

4 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Yeah i thought Morra was going step up again this year but he's fallen short as have Toby and David. Guess last year they were all on it together. 

As you say our matches with the Aces and the Poole Pikeys are crucial now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, auntie doris said:

Always good racing at OTA. Good crowd, plenty from Swindon. Somerset fully deserved the points. Apart from heat 15 Swindon were pants, no excuses. Tobi, Dave, Rohan, tried hard, Batch awful.

Robins may sneak into playoffs with the amount of home fixtures left.

Can’t see it Doris, would need to also win at Poole & Wolverhampton.