British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ReadingRacer2017

01/08/2018 : Somerset v Swindon : Premiership

2 minutes ago, Gresham78 said:

Yeah i thought Morra was going step up again this year but he's fallen short as have Toby and David. Guess last year they were all on it together. 

As you say our matches with the Aces and the Poole Pikeys are crucial now.

To be fair to Tobiasz, he did start the season as a heatleader at number 5. Morris & Bellego have been the main culprits.

11 minutes ago, Najjer said:

Please do. Bellego has to be on the Somerset wish list for 2019. He's mustard at the OTA as proven again tonight.

Said the same to my Dad that I would mind if he was announced as a Rebel. (as long as he isn't another Suchanek!)

• Like 2

Just now, drew2 said:

Said the same to my Dad that I would mind if he was announced as a Rebel. (as long as he isn't another Suchanek!)

Is that the Suchanek that rode for the Racers in their last ever season, he was rubbishe.

5 hours ago, ReadingRacer2017 said:

Let’s be honest, we all love Nick Morris but the decision to drop Jason for Nick has backfired. Weak reserves and no high scoring number 1.

We dropped Jason because becoming World Champion meant that  he would not of come cheap so they went another route.It is easy to look back and say in hindsight we should of done this should of done that.My take on our failure is at times certainly away we just have not been good anough i can except that the top five when it clicks is more than good anough as it showed early in the season.

• Like 1

Really good set up down there at The Oaktree. Once the track had dried out some good racing, far better than at the Abbey. 7 out of 15 race winners for Swindon, but 14 last places! Bellego flying for 3 races then burnt out 2 clutch plates in final 2. Muesli unbeatable in last 3, almost fencing Holder in heat 15! Batch strangely out of sorts, though he has been excellent all season. Luckily Doyle wasn't racing or they may have hit 60. Rebs deserve to be in playoffs.

Never seen so many animals around a stadium, dogs, goats, peacocks, chickens, its a cross between a zoo and motor cycling arena! Friendly bunch of local yokels, apart from result an enjoyable evening. Great support from Wiltshire, bumper crowd. Meeting ran at fast pace, back indoors for 10.30, 70 miles, driving on the motorways.

Edited by auntie doris
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, ReadingRacer2017 said:

Let’s be honest, we all love Nick Morris but the decision to drop Jason for Nick has backfired. Weak reserves and no high scoring number 1.

Yeah, because keeping Jason would have allowed us to have stronger reserves right?

• Like 1

Excellent meeting last night. Big crowd, well run, and chips at Burnham on sea. Perfect day out!

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

Excellent meeting last night. Big crowd, well run, and chips at Burnham on sea. Perfect day out!

Couldn't agree more, CR. Every now and then I walk out of a meeting feeling that British speedway is still alive and kicking, and that was how I felt last night.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, White City Rebel said:

Couldn't agree more, CR. Every now and then I walk out of a meeting feeling that British speedway is still alive and kicking, and that was how I felt last night.

Absolutely. That was how Speedway should be last night. A massive crowd, without doubt the biggest of the season so far - so much so I ventured to the back straight to view as my usual spot was packed. 

Meeting ran through perfectly without needless delays. Even with an interval after heat 12 the meeting was Finished by 9 o'clock. As I've also said previously, that is the best I've seen the track prepared this season too. Great stuff.

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, Najjer said:

Absolutely. That was how Speedway should be last night. A massive crowd, without doubt the biggest of the season so far - so much so I ventured to the back straight to view as my usual spot was packed. 

Meeting ran through perfectly without needless delays. Even with an interval after heat 12 the meeting was Finished by 9 o'clock. As I've also said previously, that is the best I've seen the track prepared this season too. Great stuff.

How many there roughly? Certainly a lot more than April last year. Swelled by holidaymakers and big contingent of Robins fans.

1 hour ago, auntie doris said:

How many there roughly? Certainly a lot more than April last year. Swelled by holidaymakers and big contingent of Robins fans.

I wouldn't like to guess, but I got to the track about 7:15 and was queued back onto the main road as there was so many people going in. I don't think I can ever recall that happening before. The 2nd field was packed too which is always a good indicator of a good crowd.

Genuine food for thought, I wonder what the crowd would of been like on a Friday? I would make a guess at smaller because I bet half the people wouldn't of travelled with the usual school holiday Friday night traffic headache on the M5.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Najjer said:

Friday night traffic headache on the M5

Agree Najjer i like Wednesdays as coming up from Exeter is a lot better only downfall is more road works/ diversions going home but id rather that than the traffic probs on a Friday.

Some great racing last night.

Next time you venture over to the dark side (back straight) touch base with us. 

Edited by idh
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Najjer said:

I wouldn't like to guess, but I got to the track about 7:15 and was queued back onto the main road as there was so many people going in. I don't think I can ever recall that happening before. The 2nd field was packed too which is always a good indicator of a good crowd.

Genuine food for thought, I wonder what the crowd would of been like on a Friday? I would make a guess at smaller because I bet half the people wouldn't of travelled with the usual school holiday Friday night traffic headache on the M5.

No traffic delays yesterday. 2.5 hours from stanmore to Burnham. M25, M4, M5. Unbelievable!