British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ReadingRacer2017

01/08/2018 : Somerset v Swindon : Premiership

Rosco now changed his mind, the defeat was not down to bad attitude, but mechanical problems. 6 engine failures in total. Might have got Swindon a point.

20 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

Nothing to do with the reserves  Batch 2  points only  tonight ( he has been great all year)  Adam who again has been really good only 5 Tobi a slow start finished strongly.The Swindon top five has not clicked anough in the last two months that is the design of the side if our top five fail it does not matter what the reserves do.

Really? Somerset scored 14 + 2, Swindon 2. In some ways in it down to the 6 & 7 as they can have 7 rides and replace those who are not performing / having problems. Widely accepted that Jack Smith is not effective leaving Zach to step up which he has done at home.

Last night, it went downhill from Heat 1 onwards and apart from Bellego and Ellis it was hard to see how Swindon would get back into the meeting let alone come away with a point. The highlight, heat 15 and Musielak's form after his 1st two riders.

Well tanked was our verdict and time to move on although that phrase has been used quite a bit of late! 

8 hours ago, Najjer said:

Absolutely. That was how Speedway should be last night. A massive crowd, without doubt the biggest of the season so far - so much so I ventured to the back straight to view as my usual spot was packed. 

Meeting ran through perfectly without needless delays. Even with an interval after heat 12 the meeting was Finished by 9 o'clock. As I've also said previously, that is the best I've seen the track prepared this season too. Great stuff.

Not sure I'd agree with massive but as I'm  not a regular I couldn't comment further, looked good but a attendance figure would be better to determine. That said, if that was massive and the best so far, worrying times perhaps? The first time I've been to Somerset and not had a lengthy delay / stoppages and very pleasant to only have the one track grading which meant the meeting flowed and allowed a pre 21:00 finish. Some said the meeting was excellent, hmm, good may be, some good races but the opposition didn't help, could have been and should have been so much better. 

Couple of non racing questions, why does it cost 50p extra per ticket to pay online? Portion of chips, a whopping £2.80, must be the dearest anywhere!

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, cityrebel said:

No traffic delays yesterday. 2.5 hours from stanmore to Burnham. M25, M4, M5. Unbelievable!

Good going that , I’ve been travelling down from Watford for 20 odd years , best I’ve managed is 3 hrs. Mind you always on a Friday if it’s speedway.

1 hour ago, oldswindonsupporter said:

Really? Somerset scored 14 + 2, Swindon 2. In some ways in it down to the 6 & 7 as they can have 7 rides and replace those who are not performing / having problems. Widely accepted that Jack Smith is not effective leaving Zach to step up which he has done at home.

Last night, it went downhill from Heat 1 onwards and apart from Bellego and Ellis it was hard to see how Swindon would get back into the meeting let alone come away with a point. The highlight, heat 15 and Musielak's form after his 1st two riders.

Well tanked was our verdict and time to move on although that phrase has been used quite a bit of late! 

Are you sure ???Ellis scored 5 Batch who has been great generally this year had. a bad nght scored 2   Seven points between the two Musielak had a bad start recovered welll.Somerset had Allen / Dean at reserve a formidable reserve partnership those two at 6/7 are quite good.Last night Tungate 10 ( great guest)  Batch 2. Tobi 8 from 5) Bellego 9 from 5 Adam 5 not good anough end of  does it really matter what the reserves do and by the way Morris would more and likely have scored less than Tungate.

1 hour ago, Cliffeboy said:

Good going that , I’ve been travelling down from Watford for 20 odd years , best I’ve managed is 3 hrs. Mind you always on a Friday if it’s speedway.

Record time for us. Wednesday's definitely better for traffic.

• Like 1

People saying Batchelor just had a bad night. To me, he just looked like he couldn't be bothered half the time - especially when he was at the back. Pulled on the centre green before roaring off into the pits. Rosco was right the first time when he said about poor attitudes.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Najjer said:

Absolutely. That was how Speedway should be last night. A massive crowd, without doubt the biggest of the season so far - so much so I ventured to the back straight to view as my usual spot was packed. 

Meeting ran through perfectly without needless delays. Even with an interval after heat 12 the meeting was Finished by 9 o'clock. As I've also said previously, that is the best I've seen the track prepared this season too. Great stuff.

Wondered where you went to!!

I thought Nigel was excellent on the mic too last night, even let me have a go too!

Nice comment by Rosco about the track

“I must also say I felt the Somerset track was in the best condition I’ve seen it in for a long time. There were some problems the last time we were down there but they’ve obviously done a great deal of work and whilst we can often be quick to criticise, we should also give credit where it’s due because it was really good last night.”

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Najjer said:

People saying Batchelor just had a bad night. To me, he just looked like he couldn't be bothered half the time - especially when he was at the back. Pulled on the centre green before roaring off into the pits. Rosco was right the first time when he said about poor attitudes.

That was how he came across to supporters and the promotion at King's Lynn last season. Petulant. I agree with his comments about many tracks but you either have to give up riding speedway in the UK or learn how not to throw your toys out of the pram on a seemingly regular basis. The tracks are a major problem to decent racing in this country as are over powerful bikes and then rider attitude re if not making the start -why bother racing , when he can just chase a bit for four laps. 

15 hours ago, oldswindonsupporter said:

Portion of chips, a whopping £2.80, must be the dearest anywhere!

It used to be £2 until this year, when they whacked up the price by 40%!

1 hour ago, Harry The Goat said:

It used to be £2 until this year, when they whacked up the price by 40%!

Always used to pop down to the the chip shop on the edge of Highbridge before the meeting then ate them in the Oaktree car park, the chips etc were better and cheaper.

One way to stop being ripped off by the stadium chippy is not to use it, especially when there is an alternative near by. 

What was the reason Bomber couldn’t sign for Somerset but it was ok to join Poole. Did I miss something, apologies if I did.

3 minutes ago, Cliffeboy said:

What was the reason Bomber couldn’t sign for Somerset but it was ok to join Poole. Did I miss something, apologies if I did.

The reason was because it would have put The Rebels a very,very small margin over 42.5. I think it may have only been about0.01 of a point.