British Speedway Forum
Badge

Witches v hammers 2nd Aug

Well happy with that :D

Great rally after a dodgy first 2 heats and a strong finish to hold on

Scoreline didnt flatter us but it makes it look easier than it was

Possible turning point that Hammers fans could call out was the exclusion of Ellis when 9 times put of 10 Scott wouldve been the one to go

Some great races on a well prepared track in front of a big crowd on a lovely night. Whats not to like :t:

• Like 2

Very important win and a decent meeting to watch. 

We didn't get outgunned at reserve which was a positive and some solid scores from all apart from Heeps. He had one of his poor gating nights again which means he ends up over trying and makes mistakes. Great performance from Nicholls and Lawson once again proved his liking for Foxhall but he didn't have enough support.

It looked to be a really decent crowd which is also encouraging in these difficult times for speedway. 

Louis deserves a lot of credit for making the changes when he did. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, 89buttons said:

Good home win!

Heeps needs to have a hard look at himself letting us down way too often!

Said to mark riss when he came round for the collection, “I hope you’re back next year” and he replied “I hope so too!” My dad then said to him “bring ya brother as well” and he gave a rye smile! Could be a German revolution next year if haertel gets another go too!!

Heeps needs to go.  Overweight and underperforming.  

With such a decent crowd, hopefully the Benevolent Fund raised a big chunk of money. 

These lads put their life and welfare on the line week in and week out for our entertainment (I know they enjoy doing it) with the vast majority making little money for the risk. 

The Benevolent Fund needs as much support as we can give it.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JamesB said:

With such a decent crowd, hopefully the Benevolent Fund raised a big chunk of money. 

These lads put their life and welfare on the line week in and week out for our entertainment (I know they enjoy doing it) with the vast majority making little money for the risk. 

The Benevolent Fund needs as much support as we can give it.

£2255 is the figure being quoted

Thats a fantastic sum

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, 89buttons said:

Good home win!

Said to mark riss when he came round for the collection, “I hope you’re back next year” and he replied “I hope so too!” My dad then said to him “bring ya brother as well” and he gave a rye smile! Could be a German revolution next year if haertel gets another go too!!

the rye smile was him breaking wind , a babies do it ...   lol

I wasn't there so can't really have an opinion..but it looks to me from the sidelines that Riss has totally transformed our team. 

If we can start next season with Riss and campton, that's a lot of points that can be scored for not a big chunk of team average

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Thats a fantastic sum

That's brilliant.

38 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Thats a fantastic sum

It is indeed, just hope the bucket Danny King was carrying wasn’t too heavy and put his recovery back.

As for the racing, very enjoyable. Richard Lawson put in a good shift (17+1 from 7 rides) thought he would go unbeaten at one point. Thought Adam Ellis was unlucky to be excluded when Scott Nichols ran him hard on bend 2 in heat 7, but Scotty (13+1 from 5 rides) was a joy to watch. Good solid team effort from the Ipswich boys.

2 hours ago, 89buttons said:

Good home win!

A "rye" smile, so he is expecting Rye Hoosie to reopen...I think you meant "WRY" smile!!

Well done to the team last night, how I would like Scott back full time alongside Rory, gives us so much strength in the latter heats, Mark Riss has been inspirational since his arrival (long may it continue), whilst Nico continues to pull out one superb ride a week, just a shame he cannot gate a touch better. Lakeside were a little unlucky certainly I was expecting a minimum of all four back in the race that Adam was excluded in. Great Ben fund collection. All we need now is for Cameron to start getting in the points.