British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bellevueace

Colts v Mildenhall

Too right, punch ups and tantrums were a regular occurrence at speedway when I was a kid. It was like a pantomime when it was a local derby. It would have made great TV!

All about opinions 

22 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

You got that totally wrong, he was angry with himself that he got beat. He was gutted with himself. The team manager said don't worry. Now go round and aknowledge the travelling away fans and show them your appreciation which he did. 

All about opinions, to me it looked like he was about to 'kick off' with a Colts rider?

I apologize if I've got that wrong .

19 hours ago, WestGorton1884 said:

All about opinions 

All about opinions, to me it looked like he was about to 'kick off' with a Colts rider?

I apologize if I've got that wrong .

I must admit I didn't see that. I thought it was a cracking meeting and a superb advert for NL speedway. The Colts did better than I expected but the Fen Tigers young talent showed through in the end, aided by some furious determination when the chips were down. 

I'd give a shout to Sam Bebee on that issue. Under huge pressure from Paul Bowen in heat 14 (a rider with far more experience, especially of the NSS) he refused to give in in the battle for a point. 

In these days of savage self interest within the sport, its brilliant to read the comments made by James Easter and Phil Kirk about the way Mildenhall were treated by Belle Vue.

Edited by Halifaxtiger
  • Like 1