British Speedway Forum
Blackadder

Sheffield v Scunthorpe SGBCL 2/8/18 19.30 2000th meeting at Owlerton

1 hour ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

were is odsal boy today :o

It's the summer holidays, so I suspect his parents have taken him to Devon.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Tosh1218 said:

I'm sorry if I was wrong but great to see ,he's there every week trying his best and I'm pleased for him as a few near us on the 4 th bend have been calling for him to be axed what do they expect he's. 2 pt rider whose coming back after a serious crash and injuries from last season  . Would love him to be amongst the pts for the rest of the season as it would give a great chance of silverware

I think it is more to the fact that most Scorpion fans see his home form & after riding there previously 2 x 2nd places & 7 x 3rd places from 38 rides is not good enough. Plus, looking a little heavier than some of the other younger riders, whether it is muscle to protect his previous injuries, means he looks slow. Giving a 2pointer a go from the NL, similar to what Sheffield have done with Lawlor, could we look at Jenkins, Brennan or even Kemp as short term, he might be available to offers after his 16th birthday(11th Aug) just before the cut off date of the 12th. I think he is nailed on to be a Witch in 2019 but who knows with league set up & rules constantly changing every year.

6 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

I think it is more to the fact that most Scorpion fans see his home form & after riding there previously 2 x 2nd places & 7 x 3rd places from 38 rides is not good enough. Plus, looking a little heavier than some of the other younger riders, whether it is muscle to protect his previous injuries, means he looks slow. Giving a 2pointer a go from the NL, similar to what Sheffield have done with Lawlor, could we look at Jenkins, Brennan or even Kemp as short term, he might be available to offers after his 16th birthday(11th Aug) just before the cut off date of the 12th. I think he is nailed on to be a Witch in 2019 but who knows with league set up & rules constantly changing every year.

Kemp is coming into the Witches side when he turns 16

Wallinger was only ever a stop gap signing - it was announced as part of the team switch

You can see him when we come to the EWR on the 24th :)

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Kemp is coming into the Witches side when he turns 16

Wallinger was only ever a stop gap signing - it was announced as part of the team switch

You can see him when we come to the EWR on the 24th :)

Looking forward to seeing him twice in August then, since I'm planning to do Scunny vs Ippo and Ippo vs Scunny.  Is the massif still going, and do I need to bring some Jaffa Cakes? :D

Edited by lucifer sam
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, lucifer sam said:

Looking forward to seeing him twice in August then, since I'm planning to do Scunny vs Ippo and Ippo vs Scunny.  Is the massif still going, and do I need to bring some Jaffa Cakes? :D

Massif still alive and kicking :t:

You are welcome to bring any foodstuff contribution - much appreciated. Will be good to see you again

• Like 2

2 hours ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

were is odsal boy today :o

I'm here and still crying from last night ! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, OdsalBoy said:

I'm here and still crying from last night ! 

Fair play for coming on here and not disappearing off the forum for a week, as others have done in the past.

I hope Tigers manage to restore a bit of pride over the rest of the season.  Well apart on your visit to the EWR, of course. ;)

1 hour ago, IronScorpion said:

Danny now  wears a air suit underneath his kevlars some people think these youngsters will score loads of points when they move up but they will be like a fish out of water 

Even with his kevlars down to his waist in the after meeting talks he looks heavy compared to the other lads.

After Tai, R Lambert, Stevie there are now the likes of Bewley doing well in 2 leagues with the likes of, probably, Kemp & Flint next. 

On 8/2/2018 at 10:26 AM, graz gp said:

George Wood gave it a right go but it did not happen for him, the bike's never looked right. 

Very true, never riding on a level playing field with the budget he has to work on. Its a shame, as I feel there is a good rider in Georgie but without the machinery to complete at this level I fear  we will never know how far he could go.

First and foremost Congratulations to Scunny on the win last night and victory richly deserved.

Onto the Tigers, I refrained from commenting on last weeks shambles as I wanted to see the teams reaction to a meeting with a Scunny side that would give us a massive test.

My view is that last night the responsibility lies firmly at the hands of the Heat Leader trio, all three need to take a hard look at themselves as they let the club and the fans down last night that was suppose to be celebration time for the club.

Its hard to understand how two out of the three only a few weeks ago brought home a Championship title to the club, and then we get two performances within weeks not good enough I am afraid.

The rest of the team for me did okay, Kurtz and Shanes did their jobs, and I refuse to criticise Broc Nichol or Joe Lawler, Broc has been put into a very tough position and Joe actually did a lot better than I anticipated.

The rest of the season we now need to make sure that there is no more slip ups at home, we have not got a cat in hell's chance of make the Play Offs and the rest of the season is about pride.

For Scunny they may have a chance of making the Play Offs, but injuries could play a major say in whether or not they do.            

• Like 1

2 hours ago, spin king said:

First and foremost Congratulations to Scunny on the win last night and victory richly deserved.

Onto the Tigers, I refrained from commenting on last weeks shambles as I wanted to see the teams reaction to a meeting with a Scunny side that would give us a massive test.

My view is that last night the responsibility lies firmly at the hands of the Heat Leader trio, all three need to take a hard look at themselves as they let the club and the fans down last night that was suppose to be celebration time for the club.

Its hard to understand how two out of the three only a few weeks ago brought home a Championship title to the club, and then we get two performances within weeks not good enough I am afraid.

The rest of the team for me did okay, Kurtz and Shanes did their jobs, and I refuse to criticise Broc Nichol or Joe Lawler, Broc has been put into a very tough position and Joe actually did a lot better than I anticipated.

The rest of the season we now need to make sure that there is no more slip ups at home, we have not got a cat in hell's chance of make the Play Offs and the rest of the season is about pride.

For Scunny they may have a chance of making the Play Offs, but injuries could play a major say in whether or not they do.            

totally agree.charles was struggling with his bike last night.it took quite some time to get it going on the warm up laps and i think carried through to the meeting.kyle looked very ordinary in his first few rides but ,as you said, did improve but he also looked a little down on power.no disrespect to danny phillips but kyle should have the beating of the reserves.lasse,for whatever reason, has started to look a little uncomfortable with the owlerton track.gone are his cavalier type blasts around the second and third bends.james looked o.k in patches.broc,after an encouraging start, seems to have gone backwards a little.todd was the stand out last night for the tigers, competed well and never gave up trying and a special mention to joe lawlor who looked well on the pace and looks, given times though he is going to be a very competent points scorer.after last weeks disaster i had reason to think that last night would definitely be an improvement but how wrong was i?as mentioned season now more or less well and truly over in what has been a quite timid defence of the title.hopefully we can finish with a bit of a flourish but some heads are going to have to be lifted and machinery sorted out otherwise another defeat could be on the cards next week.u.t.t