British Speedway Forum
Blackadder

Sheffield v Scunthorpe SGBCL 2/8/18 19.30 2000th meeting at Owlerton

SHEFFIELD: Charles Wright, Todd Kurtz, Lasse Bjerre, Broc Nicol, Kyle Howarth, James Shanes, Joe Lawlor.

SCUNTHORPE: Steve Worrall, Stefan Nielsen R/R, Jason Garrity, Jake Allen, Josh Auty, Danny Phillips, Gino Manzares.

Former riders set to be present for the 2,000th meeting include Sean Wilson, Sam Ermolenko, Les and Neil Collins, Doug Wyer, Scott Smith, Robbie Kessler and many more.

Edited by Blackadder

Would hope for it to be over watered so the Tigers bottle it in the conditions but I am afraid it should be a good race track. Hope we can keep it close & not bottle it towards the end like last time.

• Like 1

Hopefully for the Scorpions one or both of the reserves step up to the plate in an away meeting with them having to take an extra R/R ride now that Garrity has gone above Nielsen in the averages again

So it's our 2000th meeting at Owlerton.I did a rough estimation that I've seen just over 900 of them and my dad about 1400+.

I could always sit down and count every home programme in the collection that goes back to 1960 for an exact number!

Anyhow after last week I'll take any win so 47-43.

18 hours ago, Blackadder said:

SHEFFIELD: Charles Wright, Todd Kurtz, Lasse Bjerre, Broc Nicol, Kyle Howarth, James Shanes, Joe Lawlor.

SCUNTHORPE: Steve Worrall, Stefan Nielsen R/R, Jason Garrity, Jake Allen, Josh Auty, Danny Phillips, Gino Manzares.

Former riders set to be present for the 2,000th meeting include Sean Wilson, Sam Ermolenko, Les and Neil Collins, Doug Wyer, Scott Smith, Robbie Kessler and many more.

This should be a good meeting if all the former Sheffield riders are in attendance. That is if it is on as up to now at 09:36 there is NO mention of this meeting on the Scunthorpe Web- site. The last thing on it is telling us that the amateur meeting  to be held on Sunday 29 July is off . Not everybody has access to Twitter etc  where it seems most information is now posted from Scunthorpe Speedway ! It would be very much appreciated if meetings etc where posted on the web site as they used to be in the past. Thanks Rob.

I think this will be a Tigers win after last weeks shocker. The Tigers boys will be keen to make up for that showing. Wright at number one. It will be interesting to see how he handles it.  Young Joe Lawlor is at reserve and i think it will be hard for him to score any points. But good luck to him. George Wood gave it a right go but it did not happen for him, the bike's never looked right.  So it's a Tigers win for me 10+. utt.

Archie21. click on link      https://twitter.com/SpeedwayScunny  you can read  any twitter post if not blocked but can not post replies.

Shanes at 6 or 7? could be putting a lot of faith in Lawlor's 1st meeting at 7 if that is their way of thinking. Most teams have the best reserve at 7 although they can swap them whenever they want on the night.

10 hours ago, graz gp said:

I think this will be a Tigers win after last weeks shocker. The Tigers boys will be keen to make up for that showing. Wright at number one. It will be interesting to see how he handles it.  Young Joe Lawlor is at reserve and i think it will be hard for him to score any points. But good luck to him. George Wood gave it a right go but it did not happen for him, the bike's never looked right.  So it's a Tigers win for me 10+. utt.

Ha ha ha ha ha 

Wow, well done Scunny. With Stefan and Steve fit and a full team all season you’d have won the league!

Superb win... well done Scorpions. Didn't expect 4 big points from Owlerton but we'll take em.

Well done Scunny. That was embarrassing from the Tigers no excuses just rubbish. Worse than last week.

I feel ill right now, is this a bad dream ? Did we really get completely ironed out on home shale by Scunny ?