British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Crazy robin

Swindon Robins 2019

17 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Have more than 200 houses been built and occupied, Orion? Do you know? Just asking :)

I Don't know  for sure myself but people on facebook groups etc  tend to think it's well over 250 thus far  ..I have friend in the council who thinks that  is about right as well .let's be honest it's hardly a shock if thou's figures are correct .

What Swindon fans should have done for a laugh is asked  to  see the already built stadium when Gi said  it was built in Port Talbot ..I wonder what they  done with that now :rolleyes:

Thanks, Matt.

Have the developers complied with those conditions? If not, the Council should have sought an injunction preventing the occupation of more than 200 houses.

And potential buyers could have been put on notice in the local search. The Council has done that before, regarding the construction of a footbridge across Thamesdown Drive.

Edited by DC2

I would not personally belive a word Justin Tomlinson says its just typical political promises not worth the paper they are written on

• Like 2

Rider Report - August 2018

Nick Morris

Has failed to deliver as a number one, his average dropping below 8 as a result. Home form has been decent until recently, away form has been below what is expected. 

2018 Grade • 6/10

Keep for 2019 • 

David Bellego

Can look unbeatable one meeting and awful the next. Still a quality rider at Abbey Stadium but too unpredictable away.

2018 Grade • 5/10

Keep for 2019 • 

Adam Ellis

Such a different rider to the one that started 2018 in Robins colours. Faster and more mature, I predict big things for Adam.

2018 Grade • 8/10

Keep for 2019 • ✔️

Tobiasz Musielak

Started the season as a heatleader and did pretty well considering. Always looking for the pass and so stylish on the bike, will only get better.

2018 Grade • 7/10

Keep for 2019 • ✔️

Troy Batchelor

Has improved his starting average greatly and proved all the doubters wrong on and off the track, only one bad meeting in 2018.

2018 Grade • 9/10

Keep for 2019 • ✔️

Zach Wajtknecht

This boy has the potential to be the next Lee Richardson, he can out-gate the best. Doesn’t get enough recognition but is happy to go under the radar.

2018 Grade • 8/10

Keep for 2019 • ✔️

Jack Smith

Out of his depth but a good gater, just needs faster machinery and few more years in Championship. Could definitely see him becoming a Robin again in the future. 

2018 Grade • 4/10

Keep for 2019 - 

Edited by ReadingRacer2017

4 minutes ago, ReadingRacer2017 said:

Rider Report - August 2018

Nick Morris

Has failed to deliver as a number one, his average dropping below 8 as a result. Home form has been decent until recently, away form has been below what is expected. 

2018 Grade • 6/10

Keep for 2019 • 

David Bellego

Can look unbeatable one meeting and awful the next. Still a quality rider at Abbey Stadium but too unpredictable away.

2018 Grade • 5/10

Keep for 2019 • 

Adam Ellis

Such a different rider to the one that started 2018 in Robins colours. Faster and more mature, I predict big things for Adam.

2018 Grade • 8/10

Keep for 2019 • ✔️

Tobiasz Musielak

Started the season as a heatleader and did pretty well considering. Always looking for the pass and so stylish on the bike, will only get better.

2018 Grade • 7/10

Keep for 2019 • ✔️

Troy Batchelor

Has improved his starting average greatly and proved all the doubters wrong on and off the track, only one bad meeting in 2018.

2018 Grade • 9/10

Keep for 2019 • ✔️

Zach Wajtknecht

This boy has the potential to be the next Lee Richardson, he can out-gate the best. Doesn’t get enough recognition but is happy to go under the radar.

2018 Grade • 8/10

Keep for 2019 • ✔️

Jack Smith

Out of his depth but a good gater, just needs faster machinery and few more years in Championship. Could definitely see him becoming a Robin again in the future. 

2018 Grade • 4/10

Keep for 2019 - 

You should be more concerned if there will be speedway in Swindon in 2019. If theres not, you won't have nowhere to go :rolleyes:

Just now, Bald Bloke said:

You should be more concerned if there will be speedway in Swindon in 2019. If theres not, you won't have nowhere to go :rolleyes:

Somerset lad

Just now, ReadingRacer2017 said:

Somerset lad

Not a Swindon fan in 2018?

2 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Not a Swindon fan in 2018?

I supported Reading from 1990-2008, Swindon from 2017 and If Swindon closes Somerset is the nearest to me. 

Edited by ReadingRacer2017

Just now, ReadingRacer2017 said:

I supported Reading from 1990-2008, Swindon from 2017 and If Swindon closes Somerset is the nearest to me. 

I'm lost for words

Just now, Bald Bloke said:

I'm lost for words

I was born in Reading so followed the Racers from 1990 until closure, moved to Swindon in 2016, if Swindon closed Somerset would be my local track. What’s hard to understand.

Not hard to understand. Just the way you brushed aside a long standing supported  Prem league club.

6 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Not hard to understand. Just the way you brushed aside a long standing supported  Prem league club.

Well obviously I want Swindon Robins to remain, I’d still be gutted just like I was gutted when Smallmead was demolished.

6 minutes ago, ReadingRacer2017 said:

Well obviously I want Swindon Robins to remain, I’d still be gutted just like I was gutted when Smallmead was demolished.

Were you at the last meeting at Smallmead ?

12 minutes ago, The Doctor... said:

Were you at the last meeting at Smallmead ?

Sadly not I’d already booked a holiday, wasn’t it a individual event won by Ulrich Ostergaard (who might I say was immense in 2008)