British Speedway Forum
KevH

Lakeside Future In Serious Doubt

1 hour ago, old bob at herne bay said:

The bottom line for Lakeside will be whether Mr Cook can guarantee completing a full 2019 season at the BSPA promoters conference in November ??

I think there may well be others with a similar predicament.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, waytogo28 said:

I think there may well be others with a similar predicament.

With all the big meetings being awarded to Redcar, maybe the BSPA are trying to prop them up, just in case they are short on numbers.

53 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

yup as well as Redcar for the SGP's and all next years BSPA "shared"  events,   I can always be sure that  Scunthorpe will be racing EVERY Friday next season. :o

And Workington can race on their normal Saturday night as Craig will not be in the G P series

I sincerely wish Lakeside every success in their efforts to find an alternative venue. We certainly do not want to lose any more tracks to the developers, and when things looked so bleak at Birmingham, we were showered with good wishes from Lakeside supporters in particular and one did send us an anonymous donation of £100 with the message "from a Lakeside Supporter" - and these gestures are remembered.

• Like 7

On 8/5/2018 at 7:09 PM, MANSE said:

And Workington can race on their normal Saturday night as Craig will not be in the G P series

And Belle Vue change their race nights to Saturdays , maybe some Fridays and Sundays !

Would love being a Peterborough fan every week seems to be different night and Workington was always a Saturday night.Been their about a dozen times and always a Saturday [Lou Sansom, Malky Mckay and Stonehewer some riders I can remember ]

47 minutes ago, winstoncigar said:

Rumour in the Sandmartin last night was the Hammers will be at Rye House before the season ends

Sensible solution imo.

1 hour ago, MANSE said:

Would love being a Peterborough fan every week seems to be different night and Workington was always a Saturday night.Been their about a dozen times and always a Saturday [Lou Sansom, Malky Mckay and Stonehewer some riders I can remember ]

Workington Comets of the Lou Sansom, Mal McKay, Taffy Owen, Reg Wilson, Bob Valentine era  were a Friday track, with some Sundays  -  so 1970 to 1981...........only changed to Saturdays when Mole/Thomas re-opened track in 1999.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, singy13 said:

Workington Comets of the Lou Sansom, Mal McKay, Taffy Owen, Reg Wilson, Bob Valentine era  were a Friday track, with some Sundays  -  so 1970 to 1981...........only changed to Saturdays when Mole/Thomas re-opened track in 1999.

yer bang on there marra .

Probably contractually  have to stay at Thurrock for te rest of the season, but suspect something along the lines of Lakeside Hammers

"temporarily"  moving to Hoddesdon next season (2019) whilst Mr Cook and Mr Douglas pursue other locatins for speedway in Essex ???

• Like 1