British Speedway Forum
KevH

Lakeside Future In Serious Doubt

8 minutes ago, Whisperer said:

'cos nobody actually gives 5hit any more!

It certainly looks like that.

On 8/9/2018 at 9:11 AM, winstoncigar said:

Pub rumour was that they'd have been racing at Rye this weekend if it hadn't been for the BSPA management committee being awkward.

What's new.

Lakeside will end up racing home meetings elsewhere before the end of this season, i heard thou a friend at work

How true it is?, i don't know but he is normally quite reliable

If Lakeside don't manage to fulfill their home fixtures, what's new?

Jon Cook promised  a minimum of 14 Meetings last year - and only delivered 13 (even after pulling out of the K.O. Cup for no reason).

And they truly wonder why attendances are down? :icon_smile_clown:

why dont fans step back and let leakside get on with their own thing. 

the club is having a great season , so let the season run its course and see how it goes from there . 

i am sure all will be sorted out by the people that matter . 

good luck to em for this season and hope its good result @ the end of the end . 

unless ssomee super fan has shed loads of spare cash to build a new stadium , sit back and let the pros sort it out .

no need for the knife twisting thing IMO

• Like 2

If some super fan wants to waste money, he/she can crack on, speedway hasn't moved with the times and i'm sad to say as a young supporter(40) its game over

I would like lakeside to finish the season on a high being a essex lad thats supports rye h but has a soft spot for the hammers

There are those that like to stick the knife in at every opportunity.

• Like 2

As Godfrey alluded to in the SS Friday was never agreed for Lakeside to ride on.

With Rye moving away from Saturdays I don’t understand why Lakeside insist on riding Fridays unless to accommodate riders.

4 minutes ago, GWC said:

As Godfrey alluded to in the SS Friday was never agreed for Lakeside to ride on.

With Rye moving away from Saturdays I don’t understand why Lakeside insist on riding Fridays unless to accommodate riders.

The fixtures were adopted by the BSPA at the start of the season end of

1 hour ago, Whisperer said:

The fixtures were adopted by the BSPA at the start of the season end of

Yes but adopted in ‘good faith’ not on a commercial basis I'm afraid.

Godfrey does what he wants,not nice person and is as bad as chapman

Hopefully the bspa will cease to exist one day soon then speedway might have a small chance of moving forward imo

• Like 5

On 8/19/2018 at 1:31 AM, jenga said:

why dont fans step back and let leakside get on with their own thing. 

the club is having a great season , so let the season run its course and see how it goes from there . 

i am sure all will be sorted out by the people that matter . 

good luck to em for this season and hope its good result @ the end of the end . 

unless ssomee super fan has shed loads of spare cash to build a new stadium , sit back and let the pros sort it out .

no need for the knife twisting thing IMO

Well said but unfortunately that’s all some people want to do. 

• Like 1

Lakeside can’t run most Saturdays because of four wheeled motorsport using the venue, that’s proably why it would make sense for the Hammers to run the odd meeting at Rye on a Saturday night where no other promoters can complain about it.

if they fail to complete fixtures this season, that I think will be the end of it, there is no gong back if you can’t make an effort when your clearly one of the fancied top three or four teams.

• Like 1