British Speedway Forum
KevH

Lakeside Future In Serious Doubt

14 minutes ago, KevtheRev said:

The music is quite key to the overall entertainment and over the years the same music is played time and time again,  The Final Countdown, Right here, Right Now, Blitzkreig Bop etc.

I see that once again you have gone on the attack with your comments (perhaps your better off at Kent), like a previous post where you commented that "all the moaners will be happy now".  Rather inappropriate at this time in my opinion.

Actually I would say it's more a defensive stance. Not only defending my position but also the direction the club has been forced to take. I'm certainly not trying to 'attack' anyone that's for sure. A lot of comments on here are very negative which is such a shame to see, I'm doing my best to try and keep things positive on here yet some people feel the need to pick and moan about irrelevant things at this stage and it's mildly frustrating. 

To be honest this whole scenario is causing a horrific divide among Lakeside fans when we should be doing our best to stick together and support the club. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, HAMMER180 said:

the club is the club where ever it is 

For the sake of your club I sincerely hope so.

It didn't work that way for Glasgow at Workington.  Nor for "Edinburgh" in their one season at Shawfield (yes I know they called it "Scottish Monarchs" but neither the ex-Tigers faithful nor enough of the Edinburgh faithful took to it in sufficient numbers).  Though this Lakeside at Rye venture does look more viable and fingers crossed that it works out that way.

Best of luck.

• Like 2

I have just received confirmation by email that season tickets remain valid for the remaining fixtures at Rye House. Car parking is available within the stadium through the entrance next to the ticket booths.

Edited by tocha

This is a great opportunity for speedway to draw on existing fans from Lakeside AND from Rye House - PLUS we hope, new ( or returning) people interested in speedway racing per se and not only those with club loyalties. Fingers crossed.

• Like 3

Jon Cook said on the mic last night that all the riders were talking to him  about next year , which is a positive sign although we will have to shed about 5 points to get within the team building average.

I understand as well that  Thurrock Council definitely want Speedwáy back as part of a sports complex and there is still a lot going on in the background although the club will probably be at Rye House for two years.

• Like 2