British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ReadingRacer2017

Poole should be docked points and fined

If other tracks have been doing this... not  going to admit it now are they? 

Like years ago when some riders were soaking tyres to soften them... once others found out , in the end they were all doing it.....

Edited by 2ndbendbeerhut

Good to see that Robert Lambert has a good sense of irony and humour. Shame it seems to have been wasted among those who don't possess these.

• Like 1

No reason to deduct points from Poole as they won the meeting.  However, a large fine from the Environment Agency would be well deserved for inappropriate disposal of waste oil.  Whether it helps shale to bind or not - you can’t just deposit waste oil in this way as it is illegal.

• Like 1

Barrel assumed to be full of water. Shock Horror! It turns out to be oil. Nobody knew it was there.

to be fair Lambert is correct in all this.

Should Poole be deducted points..no.

Should Poole be fined by the Environmental Agency, 100% yes.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

Barrel assumed to be full of water. Shock Horror! It turns out to be oil. Nobody knew it was there.

Ignorance is no defence.  I’m sure that waste oil needs to be labelled appropriately so there is absolutely no defence.

1 hour ago, Baldyman said:

I couldn't give a single xxxx about the environment, but I enjoy good racing.

Nor does anybody else on here mate, but because its Poole they will make a song and dance about it.. Some on here are talking utter twaddle. But no suprise there i suppose

1 minute ago, Odds On said:

to be fair Lambert is correct in all this.

Should Poole be deducted points..no.

Should Poole be fined by the Environmental Agency, 100% yes.

Poole do appear to have broken a speedway rule. So at the very least there should be an investigation to establish if there is a case to be answered.  Clearly if the Environmental agency take action then there would cases to be answered on both speedway and environmental grounds.

44 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

.... a large fine from the Environment Agency would be well deserved for inappropriate disposal of waste oil.

Forget the oil, that's a drop in the ocean compared to all the methanol Poole have wasted in their useless riders' bikes this season!  :)

#Poole46.5

6 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Forget the oil, that's a drop in the ocean compared to all the methanol Poole have wasted in their useless riders' bikes this season!  :)

#Poole46.5

You really are a tool DC2 whether you are trying to be funny or not.

Best you worry about the lacklustre Robins. To quote you earlier on in the season. 

Glug glug.

10 hours ago, ReadingRacer2017 said:

SCB Regulations 

7.4 Fuel and oil must be handled in the correct manner, particularly in a way that avoids spillage.

The rules are there to protect the environment. Assuming they did pour oil from a can then this is totally wrong. You cannot ask riders to follow a rule for sensible environmental reasons then go against spirit of that rule.

Dock them points and fine them heavily.

I say shut the stadium down, that way all the clowns on here will commit suicide through boredom! Nob ends. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Have you any idea the impact tyre making and what methanol poisoning has on the environment?????    Worry about that before a silly spillage on a dirt track! 

People crying that the environment agency should be imposing fines on Poole is just about the most stupid thing I've read on this forum I think. Have they not realised what sport they are following ffs? I dislike Poole as much as the next person but talk about desperate jibes....

• Like 5