British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ReadingRacer2017

Poole should be docked points and fined

3 hours ago, Najjer said:

People crying that the environment agency should be imposing fines on Poole is just about the most stupid thing I've read on this forum I think. Have they not realised what sport they are following ffs? I dislike Poole as much as the next person but talk about desperate jibes....

And thats what it is, desperation.

Im a lynn fan that dislikes poole but this really is a storm in a teacup! 

We were beaten on what on a good day is a sh!t track. but its the same for both teams.

As for the Contamination. This is a tiny thing. its almost a nothing and if it helps the track so be it. Poole track needs as much help as it can get. Maybe be discreet. sure its no worse than a few stock car crashes? No track needs the Environmental bs because that would put the sport in a bad place. a lot of hot air over nothing and a few posters on here that could do with growing up a bit on both sides of the argument. Its a bit cringe really!

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

Nor does anybody else on here mate, but because its Poole they will make a song and dance about it.. Some on here are talking utter twaddle. But no suprise there i suppose

That is total rubbish Starman. I don't care which team it is. Dumping oil is against the law, whoever does it. Even changing your car engine oil, the old oil has to be disposed of in accordance with the law, the council/private waste disposal units provide containers for used oil, you just cant dump wherever you want.  You be telling me next its ok to drive up a lovely country lane and just dump my old mattress or old fridge.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Nothing wrong now with the Poole track - apart from some 'thin' shale, but as several riders including Kyle Newman commented it was in very good nick with fastest race times recorded. Even Robert chalked up the fastest away rider race time this season!!

In any case the Stars will have their chance to get their own back at the end of the month. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

That is total rubbish Starman. I don't care which team it is. Dumping oil is against the law, whoever does it. Even changing your car engine oil, the old oil has to be disposed of in accordance with the law, the council/private waste disposal units provide containers for used oil, you just cant dump wherever you want.  You be telling me next its ok to drive up a lovely country lane and just dump my old mattress or old fridge.

With many speedway tracks looking like a tip, its perfectly ok to mix oil in with shale as long as its not spilled in the pits or public areas where someone could slip over on it!:t:

4 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

Really, i dont believe you.. Clearly you know nothing, about tracks.. Its a poole thing, and you know it..

Edited by Starman2006

I agree. Poole should he docked points. They are getting a bit close to the top of the league now - so let's just get hold of their points and dock a few. Maybe about 10 or so.

Bloody Poole.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Nothing wrong now with the Poole track - apart from some 'thin' shale, but as several riders including Kyle Newman commented it was in very good nick with fastest race times recorded. Even Robert chalked up the fastest away rider race time this season!!

In any case the Stars will have their chance to get their own back at the end of the month. 

I think it is only Iversen who has complained but he hasn't ridden well all season so all the tracks must be bad except for the GP qualifier track which he seemed to like.

Club website confirms spill has been dealt with and waste disposed of in correct fashion. 

Move along nothing to see here. 

• Like 4

As Poole have now issued a statement that it has been cleaned and sorted according to guidelines FFS can we put this to bed.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

As Poole have now issued a statement that it has been cleaned and sorted according to guidelines FFS can we put this to bed.

I doubt it. All the Poole haters on twitter are trying to make out it's all rubbish!

I am no Poole fan but some of the s...  thrown at them at times is now getting to be a bit tiresome.I think British speedway is in big big trouble and i think the speedway family need to stick together now otherwise our sport in this Country is doomed.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

I am no Poole fan but some of the s...  thrown at them at times is now getting to be a bit tiresome.I think British speedway is in big big trouble and i think the speedway family need to stick together now otherwise our sport in this Country is doomed.

Agreed twice as many posts on this thread than on the Lakeside threatened thread.

6 hours ago, Sherborne Green said:

That really works. You Doctor a track after the meeting has taken place and there are no more meetings for over a week.

Ready for the next meeting of course, it was spilt in a particular spot on the track, out of the 3rd bend by the looks of it ......

12 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Spot on Sid, well said mate..