British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bagpuss

Belle Vue v King's Lynn 06/08/18

2 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Lynn are a poor team. If you can’t beat them you don’t deserve to be in the playoffs.

a poor team that beat you? 

Just now, therefused said:

a poor team that beat you? 

By two points on their home turf. What happened last week? Lynn are never going to win over two legs. They were rubbish at Poole. We could have scored 65 but for Harris clipping a kick board and falling and an ef.

6 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Lynn are a poor team. If you can’t beat them you don’t deserve to be in the playoffs.

Totally different team with that 1 change now. Especially around the NSS

Good signing, especially as it puts MPT at reserve.

I'm just wondering how a team with the second best away record in the league can be described as poor. Must just be me.

• Like 1

When redeclaring  a team ,changes must be made at least 72 hours before the start Time of the Meeting at which it is intended to be used.

Assume KL had notified those concerned of replacing Jason Garrity with Erik Riss, on or before Friday, and were just awaiting formal approval before making it public.

7 hours ago, lewy said:

Don't think Garrity will score many as he's being replaced by Erik Ross allegedly 

I do apologise,sure they said last week they tried and failled to sign him:oops:

• Like 1

With the inclusion of Erik Riss sure makes the Stars a better team.   With his Long Track ability, I would imagine the NSS is the perfect place  to start his PL journey.  with the wide open places and fast racing lines he should feel at home.,  also it now enables the Stars to have  MPT as reserve and he is more than capable of getting double figures there..  

Still hard pace to go and get a result , but  there will be far more optimism now  than we had  last week....    This could now be a close match,  and I feel confident of at least a point..  

Will probably cancel our dentist appointment (only a check-up)  and make a trip up to the Manc' country  for another visit to the NSS.  

• Like 1

Now that's what I call gonads and now I will be going on Weds.! Some ambition shown and to be applauded.

This should be a good close meeting with the inclusion of the he team changes and some good battles. Riss v Riss should add something. The Aces will still win but the Stars maybe able to get a point. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, g13webb said:

With the inclusion of Erik Riss sure makes the Stars a better team.   With his Long Track ability, I would imagine the NSS is the perfect place  to start his PL journey.  with the wide open places and fast racing lines he should feel at home.,  also it now enables the Stars to have  MPT as reserve and he is more than capable of getting double figures there..  

Still hard pace to go and get a result , but  there will be far more optimism now  than we had  last week....    This could now be a close match,  and I feel confident of at least a point..  

Will probably cancel our dentist appointment (only a check-up)  and make a trip up to the Manc' country  for another visit to the NSS.  

The addition of Erik Riss, who scored 13 from 5 rides when guesting for us earlier this year and MPT at reserve, who gets good scores at the the NSS, and who will be able to replace any weak links is going to make this a close meeting.

Worrall and Cook will need to be back to their best, Bewley and Tungate in the engine room need to easily outscore Jorgensen and Proctor and our reserves need to ensure that they don't drop any points to S Lambert.

I'm looking forward to an exciting meeting and some brilliant racing.

• Like 2

Should be an absolute cracker tonight. Kings Lynn won the last meeting at the NSS but the Aces should be stronger this time with the return of Steve Worrall and Max Fricke. NKI and Lambert swap positions so not sure if that will make a difference and the inclusion of the Riss brothers, neither of whom I am familiar with,  who will be making their debuts add an additional point of interest. It could easily come down to the reserves and if MPT comes with his gating gloves could make a huge difference and the fitness of Proctor and Jorgensen will also play its part. Very occasionally I am very fed up living in North London and today is one of those days. Go Aces.

Just noticed that Cookie was also missing from the last meeting - so another plus for the Aces.

Edited by SPD444

3 minutes ago, SPD444 said:

Should be an absolute cracker tonight. Kings Lynn won the last meeting at the NSS but the Aces should be stronger this time with the return of Steve Worrall and Max Fricke. NKI and Lambert swap positions so not sure if that will make a difference and the inclusion of the Riss brothers, neither of whom I am familiar with,  who will be making their debuts add an additional point of interest. It could easily come down to the reserves and if MPT comes with his gating gloves could make a huge difference and the fitness of Proctor and Jorgensen will also play its part. Very occasionally I am very fed up living in North London and today is one of those days. Go Aces.

Sadly MPT does not need to have gating gloves on around the NSS. Quite capable of makes passes at our place.

Edited by ABS
missed a word out

5 minutes ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Great match to be on BT..... proper speedway Nige...

Unfortunately not though is it?!:rolleyes:

Sensible not to put your best matches on the telly because then supporters have to pay to see them and travel from all parts of the country, stimulating the whole economy of the Uk or even Europe. Pity not to have a Pay Per View option as I would have paid £10 to watch it live. Such a fixture should attract a very good crowd, how many I wonder?