British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bagpuss

Belle Vue v King's Lynn 06/08/18

12 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Track extremely grippy. Sets it up for a Lynn win. They will love It. And a gate and go meeting 

I wouldn't take that conclusion . we perform better when less grip.      Cant guarantee we will be making them gates...

Meeting delayed to let fans in, bloody hell we must be a good attraction!!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Track extremely grippy. Sets it up for a Lynn win. They will love It. And a gate and go meeting 

Won't a bit of grip suit Dan, Phil. 

Sounding like they have might have cocked the track up. Loads of grading going on. When there’s a delayed start due to latecomers, I believe the meeting should still start on time. Very unfair on those that made it into the stadium before the allocated start time of 7.30. If a fan turns up at 7.30 it’s their fault they will miss some heats.

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 6

Just now, Steve Shovlar said:

Sounding like they have might have cocked the track up. Loads of grading going on. 

Any oil down your way going spare? That should sort it. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

When there’s a delayed start due to latecomers, I believe the meeting should still start on time. Very unfair on those that made it into the stadium before the allocated start time of 7.30. If a fan turns up at 7.30 it’s their fault they will miss some heats.

Well said. 

• Like 2

The two engine rooms proving to be the difference this evening.

5 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

The two engine rooms proving to be the difference this evening.

Sorry, I lost, what does that mean???

43 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Sounding like they have might have cocked the track up. Loads of grading going on. When there’s a delayed start due to latecomers, I believe the meeting should still start on time. Very unfair on those that made it into the stadium before the allocated start time of 7.30. If a fan turns up at 7.30 it’s their fault they will miss some heats.

Sometimes i think it is fair to put the start time back a bit.You probably don't but many people have to do jobs nowadays that work until 6.I am one of those it takes me about 15 minutes to get home,by time i have a quick bite to eat and a shower you are looking at nearly 7pm.20 minutes to Lynn parked up and in the stadium and you are looking at nearly start time.If they were to start at Lynn at 7-30pm i think i may be one of many that don't show again.I would prefer an 8pm start and catch up my 15 minutes sleep the next night.

3 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

Sorry, I lost, what does that mean???

Compare the scores for riders 3 & 4

7 minutes ago, SPD444 said:

Compare the scores for riders 3 & 4

So how do you get from "The two engine rooms proving to be the difference this evening" to "Compare the scores for riders 3 & 4" ?????

2 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

So how do you get from "The two engine rooms proving to be the difference this evening" to "Compare the scores for riders 3 & 4" ?????

Just an expression I have heard used about the riders in position 3 and 4. Normally the two best riders are in positions 1 and 5; the reserves are in positions 6 and 7 ; so 3 and 4 form the engine room. In this simile the scores for the Aces in 3 and 4 total  14 points whereas the same for Stars total 4. Hence Bagpuss' comment.

• Like 1

Need a lot more from Cook and Worrall, very disappointing ....