British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bagpuss

Belle Vue v King's Lynn 06/08/18

Any number one that does not get heat 15 at home, is obviously not a number one. You would expect Cook and Fricke to be an automatic choice ....

Just now, Steve Shovlar said:

Rather have Lynn in the playoffs than Belle Vue so pleased tonight with that result.

So pleased that you and a few other Poole supporters are being so smug.................. with any luck it'll bite you on the a$$ ............. much to the delight of 99% of all other speedway supporters.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, DizzAssStar said:

So pleased that you and a few other Poole supporters are being so smug.................. with any luck it'll bite you on the a$$ ............. much to the delight of 99% of all other speedway supporters.

Smug? Where did you get that from? 

Just that if we meet in the playoffs I fancy our chances. We ride Kings Lynn better than Belle Vue. And will have a free practice just before the playoffs at your place.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Smug? Where did you get that from? 

From just about every post you've made since last Wednesday!

Another good away result, just a pity that the Dorset hell hole is the one track we can't seem to ride. And should we get to the Play Offs we'll almost certainly have to go there.

Proctor and Jorgensen need to up their game on the road, although I appreciate that they were both carrying injuries.

13 minutes ago, BluPanther said:

Any number one that does not get heat 15 at home, is obviously not a number one. You would expect Cook and Fricke to be an automatic choice ....

Fricke should have been !

25 minutes ago, ray c said:

Did mark lemon drop a clanger in heat 15 surely fricke should have been in ?

Well, Tungate had been beaten only by Lambert whereas Fricke had twice lost to Iversen including the heat 13 5-1. So you pays your money and you takes your choice. Would normally have expected Fricke, but I wasn’t there! Have to say Lemon generally comes across as a very shrewd team manager as far as I’m concerned.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DizzAssStar said:

From just about every post you've made since last Wednesday!

You mean celebrating our victory? Surely that’s what competitive sport is all about?

Great meeting with heat 11 out of this world. dissagree with some comments about heat 15, Dan was our best rider on the night closely followed by Max and Rowan, I think ML made the right choice in heat 15 but in the end we were beaten by the better team.

Well deserved win for K/ Lynn,. I think we can put this season to bed and come back stronger next year, assuming there is a next year;)  

What is it about the league this year?? So hard to predict meetings with only real Poole in any consistent form right now.

Getting Erik Riss in was a great bit of business for the Stars. So a great win for them tonight.

On the other hand the Aces plump for the other Riss and they certainly aren’t getting the decent form from last year, you only have to look at his Championship results to see it was an odd move in the first place.

Worrall still struggling to come back from injury so squeaky bum time for the Aces over the next few weeks.

Only three points seperating five clubs. A real thriller of a season.

30 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Great result for Kings Lynn. Disaster for Belle Vue who look out of a playoff berth unless they can win a couple away. Belle Vue really should have won that.

Season over for us, Worrall should have been replaced as he was never going to come back after 3 months with such a bad injury and hit the ground running, throw in the decision to release Etheridge who would definitely have scored more tonight than Riss  and Cook not really hitting the heights and a play off place always looked iffy when you consider our away form. Fricke, Bewley, and Tungate are the 3 I would be looking to keep out of this side.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, hyderd said:

Great meeting with heat 11 out of this world. dissagree with some comments about heat 15, Dan was our best rider on the night closely followed by Max and Rowan, I think ML made the right choice in heat 15 but in the end we were beaten by the better team.

Well deserved win for K/ Lynn,. I think we can put this season to bed and come back stronger next year, assuming there is a next year;)  

All about opinions, and i realize hindsight is a wonderful thing, but I'd I've put Max in HT 15 

31 minutes ago, Elmo said:

Banker 4 points at Leicester though 

Nope

As i said last week give them a good track instead of a rubbish tip and you will see Lynn as they are despite carrying two riders injuries from that said TIP

• Like 2