British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bagpuss

Belle Vue v King's Lynn 06/08/18

1 hour ago, Starman2006 said:

I did say on here in reply to Phil the Aces post that it would be a lot closer than at our place.. No suprise to me. Now some might say im barking up the wrong tree, but i wouldnt have put Bewley in ht 15. I would have put fricke in. my opinion.

I think it would take a brave team manager to leave an unbeaten rider out of the nominated heat.

GP star Cook really should be cleaning up in these meetings,is he average watching?.His Continental form is poor and he won't be getting many offers IMO.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, WestGorton1884 said:

Shocking defeat, 6 points up 3 times , and still lose !!! .  Well done Kings Lynn fully deserved 

As for BV , some serious questions have to be asked , none more so than the dumping of Jye Etheridge ...And Fricke omission from heat 15

Not happy :angry: 

i agree Etheridge good round nss  and yes i penciled in Fricke and Bewley for 15  big clanger Mr Lemon Cook very poor for a number one

Edited by speedy bill
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

I think it would take a brave team manager to leave an unbeaten rider out of the nominated heat.

As i said, my opinion.

4 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

Fricke and bewley should have been the pair 

Yup everybody is entitled to there opinion as i said, But  i would have gone with Tungate and Fricke..

Just seen Ht 11 from the Wolves vs. Leicester match on the SGB site.  They are saying how exciting it was.  If they want exciting then should put Ht 11 from  last night with Fricke, Lambert and E. Riss. Outstanding!

• Like 1

As i said, my opinion.

Which I respect. Out of interest though why would you have left Bewley out?

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, coldace said:

Just seen Ht 11 from the Wolves vs. Leicester match on the SGB site.  They are saying how exciting it was.  If they want exciting then should put Ht 11 from  last night with Fricke, Lambert and E. Riss. Outstanding!

Plus,I doubt that the supporters at Monmore got a demonstration of badminton & golf thrown in with the admission price either .:)

Yup everybody is entitled to there opinion as i said, But  i would have gone with Tungate and Fricke..

So would I.  Appreciate it sounds daft leaving a guy out on a paid Max, but Tungate and Fricke gate better.  Couldn't have left Fricke out after heat 11 though.  I still say only 6 from Cook was the real difference in the end.

Shouldn't Fricke be riding at number one for us? His rolling average is 8.24 and 2018 average 8.19. Craig's are 7.92 and 7.54. Doesn't the rider with the best average have to rider at number one now?

Fairplay to Lambert for his average of 9.46 from 17 matches this season and deservedly winning the number one spot from Iverson. Really enjoy watching him ride. Hopefully Dan Bewley can make that kind of progression as well, he has already settled into the number three spot really well.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Aces High said:

Shouldn't Fricke be riding at number one for us? His rolling average is 8.24 and 2018 average 8.19. Craig's are 7.92 and 7.54. Doesn't the rider with the best average have to rider at number one now?

Fairplay to Lambert for his average of 9.46 from 17 matches this season and deservedly winning the number one spot from Iverson. Really enjoy watching him ride. Hopefully Dan Bewley can make that kind of progression as well, he has already settled into the number three spot really well.

The official Green Sheets, http://www.speedwaygb.co.uk/files/downloads/p18_issue_22.pdf, show Craig Cook on 8.16 and Max Fricke on 8.04. Any other averages you may have seen are ‘for information only’.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Because admitting Bewley deserved his place in heat 15 wouldn’t have got the same reaction on BSF 

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Dan had a good meeting by the looks of it, but he has not got the experience when the presure is on like that. Yes had you been winning well then it would make sense to put him in and give him that bit more experience but he's a young lad who has had a hard meeting, and you have two vastly more experienced riders who have both scored well who will have been better equiped to handle that presure. Its a hard decision, but one i would have thought Lemo would have made which could, have won you the meeting. which i have already said in another post. Fricke and Tungate.
Same is if you have a guest riding for you, he scores well, but you have two of your own side who have scored equally as well, who do you put in if it came to the crunch like the other night ? Your own riders.. Now none of you will agree im very sure... My opinion.

Edited by Starman2006

48 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Dan had a good meeting by the looks of it, but he has not got the experience when the presure is on like that. Yes had you been winning well then it would make sense to put him in and give him that bit more experience but he's a young lad who has had a hard meeting, and you have two vastly more experienced riders who have both scored well who will have been better equiped to handle that presure. Its a hard decision, but one i would have thought Lemo would have made which could, have won you the meeting. which i have already said in another post. Fricke and Tungate.
Same is if you have a guest riding for you, he scores well, but you have two of your own side who have scored equally as well, who do you put in if it came to the crunch like the other night ? Your own riders.. Now none of you will agree im very sure... My opinion.

You do realise Bagpuss is a Kings Lynn supporter!!

Edited by foreverblue
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

But you wasn't there. Or was you??

• Like 2