British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bagpuss

Belle Vue v King's Lynn 06/08/18

For me the Aces pair in heat 15 had to be Bewley & Fricke, despite how well Tungate had ridden last night (& has done over recent months round the NSS). Bewley was carrying loads of speed all night & the experience he'll have gained from that heat 15 battle (& others he's been selected for this season) can only benefit his progession in the sport. 

• Like 1

Heat 15 ... perm 2 out of 3

Fricke ... Bewley... Tungate

you could justify any 2 of these

at the end of the day we weren’t good enough and Lynn deserved their points

Rerun the match next week and it could be the Aces winning

7 hours ago, coldace said:

Just seen Ht 11 from the Wolves vs. Leicester match on the SGB site.  They are saying how exciting it was.  If they want exciting then should put Ht 11 from  last night with Fricke, Lambert and E. Riss. Outstanding!

It was an exciting race. :rolleyes:

So was the race from the NSS ( saw it on fb) and that was brilliant.

It isn’t a competition. :neutral:

• Like 1

Belle vue would of won by 10 if they would have not sacked etheridge and unlucky there out off the top 4 and won't make the play off good move by lemon stacking Etheridge and Riss anit that much better same as drodz he is shocking he should of went instead off Etheridge 

Seems Max had bike problems in heat 13 and these forced him out of heat 15 also Mark had a puncture in heat 14 so couldn’t hold on to third. :(

7 hours ago, ouch said:

Seems Max had bike problems in heat 13 and these forced him out of heat 15 also Mark had a puncture in heat 14 so couldn’t hold on to third. :(

So fortunes really  went in the Stars favours.    They say 'small drops of water, little grains of sand'  can always make a big difference.  the answer to this problems is to be on top of everything and keep these problems to a minimum... 

The main reason you lost was because  you top riders didn't score enough points...

• Like 2

16 hours ago, mikec said:

For me the Aces pair in heat 15 had to be Bewley & Fricke, despite how well Tungate had ridden last night (& has done over recent months round the NSS). Bewley was carrying loads of speed all night & the experience he'll have gained from that heat 15 battle (& others he's been selected for this season) can only benefit his progession in the sport. 

you explained why Dan but not Fricke. The way that race went 2 riders chasing Lambert and Iversen are going to get in each others way, IMO any 2 from 3, the result would be the same.

From the gate Dan was slightly ahead of Iversen for the 1st 10-15 mtrs, he just lacked the experience of staying there into turn 1. had he done that he may well of got Lambert out of turn 2 then once in front i doubt either Lynn riders would catch him. Just my opinion

4 hours ago, g13webb said:

So fortunes really  went in the Stars favours.    They say 'small drops of water, little grains of sand'  can always make a big difference.  the answer to this problems is to be on top of everything and keep these problems to a minimum... 

The main reason you lost was because  you top riders didn't score enough points...

the main reason we lost was because Lynn scored 46 pts, whereas we scored 44. Simples.

16 hours ago, stevebrum said:

It was an exciting race. :rolleyes:

So was the race from the NSS ( saw it on fb) and that was brilliant.

It isn’t a competition. :neutral:

Yes I agree, not looking to score points and the more decent races the better.  I've not seen it again on fb do you have a link or where I can view it please?

3 hours ago, hyderd said:

you explained why Dan but not Fricke. The way that race went 2 riders chasing Lambert and Iversen are going to get in each others way, IMO any 2 from 3, the result would be the same.

From the gate Dan was slightly ahead of Iversen for the 1st 10-15 mtrs, he just lacked the experience of staying there into turn 1. had he done that he may well of got Lambert out of turn 2 then once in front i doubt either Lynn riders would catch him. Just my opinion

I tweeted Mark Lemon and asked why Max did not race is heat 15 and he replied saying that he had to change bikes for heat 13 but it was lacking power and he finished last so it would not have been suitable for heat 15.

3 hours ago, hyderd said:

I'd have chosen Fricke as he had shown decent speed & imo had his challenge in heat 13 hindered by Cookie getting in his way a bit earlier in the race. As it transpires he seemingly didn't have the speed for heat 15 anyway. Hopefully he will at Saddlebow Rd tonight. 

Proper speedway Nige.

Out of the top draw. Thanks :t:

Edited by Bald Bloke