British Speedway Forum
cyclone

Edinburgh vs Scunthorpe SGB Championship, Friday, 3rd August 2018, 7.30pm

On 8/3/2018 at 10:06 PM, jenga said:

i want , does not get . they have to earn it .  the trick track strikes again .  please stop swearing on  this forum . we all have to grow up one day , but today is NOT your day is it ?

cant believe you even had to edit your post !

Hi Jenga 

Thanks for your kind words. I’ll do as I please however and I’m grown up enough to know how to spell and construct sentences.....

Trick track blah blah. Why on earth wouldn’t you set a track up to have some sort of home advantage?

League winners 2018, it’s happening.

Many thanks

JA. xxxxx

• Like 1

your wish may be granted as other teams self destruct .  

I really felt for the Scunny fans who made the journey. Just when they thought they were back on track, the wheels fell off again. I hope they enjoyed The Test Match.

I honestly think we would have beaten a full Scunny squad and was looking forward to a good meeting but alas it became very boring.

I look forward to seeing our new team tested....... maybe next week?        Maybe  Erik can beat Cookie’s 2015 track record?

19 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Can relate to this, we had the same thing in our PL days especially 2003-07 when teams couldn't get round our track smoothly because of the grip and when they did make the gate (grippy starts) they would invariably make mistakes and get picked off. Some very good sides were made to look ordinary (75-15 . against eventual champions Sheffield in 2007). Bike set up was very specific too meaning we were often way in front after half a dozen heats.

Eventually it turned into a mental issue for away teams, they were beaten upon driving into the stadium, Carl Stonehewer was the most high profile rider who appeared to not want to know. And of course got a bit boring for the regular punters. 

Stonehewer was the same at Exeter, didnt want to know around there.

3 hours ago, Pinny said:

Stonehewer was the same at Exeter, didnt want to know around there.

Many a rider guilty of not liking Exeter