British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
topaz325

Workington v Scunthorpe 05/08/18 7:30pm Ch

7 hours ago, ScunnyDan said:

With this Scorpions team, you just dont know what to expect... Winning at Sheff Thurs to a thumping at Edinburgh the next night... Worky should win this, but I wouldn't be surprised if Scunny take a point or 2

Pointless going to Edinburgh with half a team when homeadvantage is sky high,coming good after a broken leg takes time (worrell far from old form of last year )Gino poor and Phillips in wrong league,Allen Auty and Garrity need a pay rise

looking forward to seeing mr Garrity tonight .and of course Rene @ reserve will be interesting to see . good chance for kyle to score a few i think .

track should be the best its been foe a long time  (natural watering ) safe racing for all . bring yer grandmas and grandads lol.

all welcome !

Best of luck boys ..gutted to miss this one but will be watching updates from sunny Mykonos . The meeting I want us to win the most !! :approve:

• Like 2

Stuck away with the big red bus  looking for a good win was looking forward to a crac with mr godfrey sure seth will give him hell on my behalf .

• Like 1

Are our riders trying too hard to get us the points for the play offs or are teams now being forcefull because of our reputation on & off the track(riders & management).

Just an opinion, folks!

Edited by IronScorpion

17 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

Are our riders trying too hard to get us the points for the play offs or are teams now being forcefull because of our reputation on & off the track(riders & management).

Just an opinion, folks!

Asking a questions are hardly an opinion.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

Just an opinion, folks!

Is a question just an opinion??

are you suggesting that due the above mentioned, teams are knocking Scunthopre riders off?  if you are that i think is one of the most stupid posts ive ever read

i dont for a minute believe any rider in either league would be ``forcefull`` just because of Scunthorpe

riders earn money by scoring points and  race hard,accidents happen

Edited by montie
  • Like 6

no scunthorpe rider was knocked off tonight 

but they did take themselves out 

you could see both auty and gino were going to have there issues when they happened  maybe theres a bit of pressure on from management making them make mistakes 

• Like 1

Unfortunately accidents happen in speedway, and its a shame Scunny have had more than their fair share this season. Hopefully the injuries are not too bad and everyone is fit and riding again very soon. This applies to all those who are presently riding through the pain barrier such as Steve Worrall and our own Rene Bach and Ty Proctor. They certainly put the likes of premier league footballers to shame.

As Scaramanga has already said, nobody was knocked off, apart from young Kyle you could say. The crashes tonight were what I would call racing incidents where the riders were totally committed, which is what supporters want to see, rather than people tootling around at the back for a couple of laps before pretending they have a mechanical issue when they miss the gate (mentioning no names here, but we all know one or two).

There was some great speedway tonight from 2 very committed teams and Scunny deserve a lot of credit and probably a point. I certainly wouldn't have begrudged them one. Jake Allen in particular was superb, ably backed up by Steve Worrall and Jason Garrity.

For the Comets everyone chipped in, with a half fit Rene Bach being a trump card at reserve. Typical that young Kyle appeared to be on for 2 points (I know he got the points as the race was awarded) when he was clipped in the reserves race as it would have been great to cheer him over the line. It would have been interesting to see how he got on against Danny Phillips and Gino Manzares for the rest of the meeting as it could have been a turning point for him.

Once again, shame on those who left before the lap of honour. Do they not appreciate what these guys go through to provide us with the entertainment and the points?

Sorry, edited to point out how lucky we are to have Dan Bewley in our team. Absolute class.

Edited by Carlislecomet2
  • Like 7

Yeah as stated very entertaining meeting provided by two committed teams. Hope the injured riders aren't too second hand and have no serious injuries. For the Scorpions Jake Allen caught the eye and had a couple of great battles with Ty which ended hinours even. There were also strong performances from Jason Garrity and Steve Worrall. Danny Philips improved slightly as the meeting wore on and was on the pace at the tail end of the meeting. Josh Auty combative as ever took a nasty one after being launched from the bike following contact with Mason Camptons back wheel which resulted in a trip to hospital. 

The Comets were solid right through with Dan Bewley the stand out. It hasn't taken him long to fully learn the track which is an indication of his sound racing brain. Great to watch last night on track obviously prepared to his liking. It was great to see the committed performances from Rene and Ty following recent heavy knocks, tough cookies these speedway riders.

Big wraps to Steve Lawson on the track condition ,top notch.

11 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

Just an opinion, folks!

:rofl: You really are something else !! Do you actually think riders are deliberately taking Scunny riders off ? You’re more of a muppet than I first thought . Manzares excluded , taking Kyle out , cause of the stoppage , Auty excluded cause of the stoppage, there’s you’re answer :rolleyes: . Worky  currently level on points with Scunny but with 5 matches in hand , what’s next on Godreys agenda ...cause his plans are’nt quite paying off yet :lol:

• Like 1

Sad to see Rene Bach riding as a reserve, it doesnt seem to long ago that he, along with Larsen, looked like being the next big Dane. He was sensational back in 2009/2010 and a 9 point rider in a stronger league.

seems to of never recovered properly from that horrendous smash he had. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, geoff100 said:

Stuck away with the big red bus  looking for a good win was looking forward to a crac with mr godfrey sure seth will give him hell on my behalf .

Sadly Cess couldnt make it to the Derwent Lounge last night. But he had arranged a deputy, that was going to give absolute HELL to Mr Godfrey !   But perhaps wisely, Mr Godfrey chose not to appear in the lounge after the meeting

. Good job...as there are no security staff there !

• Like 2

14 hours ago, New era Panthers said:

Asking a questions are hardly an opinion.

Where is the question mark? ........................I suppose, in the perfect English language, I should have put "It looks like" instead of "Are" But we ALL post perfect English on here, don't we.

People read what they perceive is posted & do not get the tone as a post can be taken a different way than when it is spoken.

"are you suggesting that due the above mentioned, teams are knocking Scunthopre riders off?  if you are that i think is one of the most stupid posts ive ever read "

Where did I post knocking riders off? I said "forcefull"  meaning being blocked, taken to the fence, sliding your back wheel out, taking the same line, etc similar to how N Pedersen used to ride & how F Lindgren has been doing recently.

"but they did take themselves out 

you could see both auty and gino were going to have there issues when they happened  maybe theres a bit of pressure on from management making them make mistakes"

Again, I posted "Are our riders trying too hard" making up for riders not scoring points. All the riders are trying but you need a bit of luck & confidence. 

Wow !  What a fantastic night of racing last night !

It is a LONG time since I saw two absolutely committed teams compete like they did.  It is incredulous to see such a low attendance though. Those that chose not to attend, have missed one of the most exciting meetings for a long time. 

This was one meeting that contained the sort of racing that the "Premiership" would LOVE to see each week I am sure. Not to mention our league !

Dan Bewley was HEART STOPPING in some of his moves..not to mention Ty. 

Thanks lads, for putting on such a fantastic heart pumping meeting. Here's to a few more !

• Like 4