British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
topaz325

Workington v Scunthorpe 05/08/18 7:30pm Ch

Mr Godfrey has not had an Agenda but seems to be the Spokesperson for the BSPA. Last year, Whenever Buster made a comment,  he was lambasted as people thought it was his idea but he was speaking up for the BSPA as a group as Godfrey has done in the past. The Friday fixture situation was explained in the SS the other week but people will still make their own assumptions.

I am pretty sure Mr Godfrey can look after himself.

Whether right or wrong, we all post opinions on here as that is what a forum is for.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Any news on how kyle is doing ? 

Apparently no breaks but he has muscle damage. Kyle says he hopes to be fit for next Saturday.

Why did Rene not replace Kyle in his missing rides why did Workington go with only one rider 

7 minutes ago, snapper said:

Why did Rene not replace Kyle in his missing rides why did Workington go with only one rider 

Because Rene is still feeling the effects of his crash last weekend. 

2 hours ago, A.N.Other said:

It is a LONG time since I saw two absolutely committed teams compete like they did.  It is incredulous to see such a low attendance though. Those that chose not to attend, have missed one of the most exciting meetings for a long time.  

I too was very disappointed with the crowd last night, though I realise that it is holiday season.

Last night was almost like our season starting over after yet another break in our fixtures, we were up against very good well matched opposition, we were at full strength (though some were struggling with knocks), we have our best 'team' for ages, we are watching a young local star in the making and even the weather was good. What more do the people of West Cumbria want, and what is going to get them back to DP ?

Laura and Co. must be wondering the same and be seriously thinking about why they bother.

For the loyal few, I feel we are going to have to make the most of the next few hectic weeks.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Carlislecomet2 said:

I too was very disappointed with the crowd last night, though I realise that it is holiday season.

Last night was almost like our season starting over after yet another break in our fixtures, we were up against very good well matched opposition, we were at full strength (though some were struggling with knocks), we have our best 'team' for ages, we are watching a young local star in the making and even the weather was good. What more do the people of West Cumbria want, and what is going to get them back to DP ?

Laura and Co. must be wondering the same and be seriously thinking about why they bother.

For the loyal few, I feel we are going to have to make the most of the next few hectic weeks.

Yet, according to some on this Forum, the holiday's are supposed to boost crowd levels.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, snapper said:

And we had to give the scorps a helping hand in order to reach a reasonable final tally . thats the way i see it . i think .

arr oope byath lards r feel in better t,daa .

just added to my original post .

Dave Peet saying in his report . it was a close battle between josh and mason campton and in the end josh ran out of room and BAILED OUT  . the decision could have gone either way . but it was just a racing incident .

can anyone tell me how josh BAILED OUT  over the handlebars after running out of room  and hitting g Masons rear wheel . also how could the decision have gone either way . Peet needs to go the vision express and tell not what he thinks he saw !

kyle could have been on for the best meeting ever . , had the beating of both scunny reserves .

Edited by jenga

The decision could have gone either way......hmmm baffling:rofl:

As many others have said a great nights racing , I thought the crowd level was ok especially for a late start and running on an off night and with no continuity of the fixtures.

Regarding the fixtures....it was always going to happen if we are to fit all the home matches in but running two home meetings on the same weekend  in late August is not good for the fans or the promotion, well done the BSPA.

Hopefully the weather will be kind or it could see us missing out in the play offs.:nono:

• Like 1

Holidays and perhaps even the rugby in the afternoon could have put people off i cant get every week because of work so thats 5 of us missing multiple that a few times and u can see why the crowd would be down , but lets be honest all sports in the area struggle to get paying fans yet when they are gone people will shout nothing for the young ones to do !

30 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

The decision could have gone either way......hmmm baffling:rofl:

As many others have said a great nights racing , I thought the crowd level was ok especially for a late start and running on an off night and with no continuity of the fixtures.

Regarding the fixtures....it was always going to happen if we are to fit all the home matches in but running two home meetings on the same weekend  in late August is not good for the fans or the promotion, well done the BSPA.

Hopefully the weather will be kind or it could see us missing out in the play offs.:nono:

Better hope long range forecast is way out for this week-end.

4 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Better hope long range forecast is way out for this week-end.

Yes rain forecast for Friday and Saturday but still to early to predict:)

15 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

Yes rain forecast for Friday and Saturday but still to early to predict:)

Best summer for 40 years 1/2 the fixtures and we still get it wrong.Still you can blame the weather if fixtures don't get finished in time.;)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fromafar said:
5 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Best summer for 40 years 1/2 the fixtures and we still get it wrong.Still you can blame the weather if fixtures don't get finished in time.;)

Yep, only speedway could make such a dogs dinner of the above scenario.

• Like 1