British Speedway Forum
Argos

Completing Fixtures

I would be very surprised if Coventry complete there Fixtures and  possibly Buxton and Stoke, Do Clubs get fined if they don’t. 

1 hour ago, Argos said:

I would be very surprised if Coventry complete there Fixtures and  possibly Buxton and Stoke, Do Clubs get fined if they don’t. 

No reason why we shouldn't 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Argos said:

Not a fine, but there's a big presentation made to Stoke every year they manage to complete their fixtures.

Not sure what the presentation consists of because I haven't seen it, as I have only followed the sport since 1956

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Tbf Stoke have previous, Buxton don’t, and Coventry seem to have stadium availability issues. 

Why should they? Not all their fault the fixtures for this season have been arranged by an idiot.....

3 hours ago, Icicle said:

Why should they? Not all their fault the fixtures for this season have been arranged by an idiot.....

So they had no say in the fixture arrangements ? They didn't agree to any of the dates , they were just told when I ride ?

I think not.

17 hours ago, Argos said:

So does a team get fined if they don’t complete there fixtures 

I don’t think so in the National League. It’s very unprofessional though. When clubs decide it’s cheaper not to complete their fixtures as they would loose more money than to run it 

I feel sure that Stoke have not completed their fixtures in the last three seasons.

There are fines for not completing fixtures

I half hope it pisses down all september and eastbourne dont get fixtures completed due to em swerving virtually the whole summer

Fines can be applied if a team does not complete their official fixtures by 31st October and have been in the past.

• Thanks 2

What if you have fixtures planned in (like Worky did for example) and then get them removed?

A bit harsh penalising teams then...

Completing fixtures?

Completing matches being run would be a good place to start.

• Haha 1