British Speedway Forum
Argos

Completing Fixtures

Having the NT later or not at all would just mean NL fixtures are more spread out or crammed in now. It happens before. Some  teams are incapable of properly planning fixtures and it’s the same ones every year, but nothing is ever done about it unfortunately. 

See the Eastbourne match against Buxton is off , so with no disrespect to Stoke or Buxton, the potential of up to 8 points has gone. If it's wet next Saturday,and we fail to run the double header and gain the 6 points, unlikely to qualify for the playoffs.Every year this happens as we hardly run in June/July. I really find this fixture mess the most annoying thing about watching speedway, I want speedway through the season and not have to cram everything in to October ( if we've got enough matches played to qualify). Reckon I would go to 4 or 5 more meetings a year if the fixtures were sorted properly and I could space my trips out.Drop the NT, get on with the league, and if the seasons over by August/September so be it.

Edited by gazzac
  • Like 1

How Eastbourne, as a seaside town, fail to run home meetings in the peak holiday season never ceases to amaze me. Why cram them all in now, when the weather is on the turn and the football season has started. Surely as a business model, it's not sustainable.

• Like 1