British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ReadingRacer2017

Race for the Top 4

11 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

...and 2 of those Poole v Somerset v Poole meetings can be seen live on BT on 13th and 20th August, so all viewers can judge who seems best for the play-off choices.

Two losses for Poole and then Swindon can finally boot them out of the play offs on the 22nd! Happy Days!!!!  :)

10 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Two losses for Poole and then Swindon can finally boot them out of the play offs on the 22nd! Happy Days!!!!  :)

Sweet dreams! 

I think we need to top the league and hope Poole go out in the other semi to have a chance.

As time moves on the pursuit for Play-off positions is really hotting up.  Acquiring 10 pts in a week, really has brought Belle Vue back into contention.   The next two weeks will offer most teams the chance of staking a claim,  but also it could be disastrous for teams who slip up.    All Monday's fixtures went with home victories, but I m sure they all wont go  as each will predict.     

Looking at the league table,  Swindon and BelleVue have both played more matches than the rest, and must be hoping that   'The bird in the hand '   is better than  cramming in  loads of matches..        Away fixtures are of the utmost importance and offer teams the chance of those elusive  bonus points.     Tomorrow.s 'Double Header'  of  KL v Wolves  is massive.   Winning both matches would push the Stars up into a  prime  PO position , but losing them would be catastrophic and all but end any hopes of them P/O places.   Wolves on the other hand  have no pressure should they lose, but if they were  successful it would virtually guarantee a P/O  place.  

We are now at the point of the season where every match is of  paramount  importance....    :t:

On 8/8/2018 at 10:29 PM, foreverblue said:

Sweet dreams! 

Dreaming is all DC will be doing...

Before last nights TV meeting Poole were joint favourites to win the league …………..With Lynn:blink:. The Rebels were next.  Bet 365 have took them down now. I expect new odds will appear after tomorrow's DH.

My money would still be on Poole, but it's pretty tight this year.

8 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Before last nights TV meeting Poole were joint favourites to win the league …………..With Lynn:blink:. The Rebels were next.  Bet 365 have took them down now. I expect new odds will appear after tomorrow's DH.

My money would still be on Poole, but it's pretty tight this year.

No doubt a strong contender, but not the foregone conclusion they were 2 weeks ago.   They have some tough meetings to overcome!!

Edited by g13webb

I hope i am wrong and that we can sneak a point at Poole and beat Poole/Belle Vue at home but really Swindon don't deserve to make the play/offs.Away we have been awful and with that top five we have we should of collected more  points on the road.On the  serious side the worrying thing is there has been no comments from the club on the future of the club and in my book that just is not good anough.

After last night's results the Stars must now be favourite to finish top and Belle Vue to finish in 4th place.

If these are the final standings then I forecast the following semis:

Stars v Aces

Pirates v Rebels

With Stars and Pirates to meet in the final.

56 minutes ago, jchapman said:

After last night's results the Stars must now be favourite to finish top and Belle Vue to finish in 4th place.

If these are the final standings then I forecast the following semis:

Stars v Aces

Pirates v Rebels

With Stars and Pirates to meet in the final.

Nice thought John,    Would rather it be   Stars v Rebels

On 8/8/2018 at 10:18 PM, DC2 said:

Two losses for Swindon and then Poole finally booted them out of the play offs on the 22nd! Happy Days!!!!  :)

Glug glug glug....

Will Kings Lynn go to Somerset before the cutoff? Is it fair they refuse every date offered by Somerset so they can finish top? 

Edited by Steve Shovlar

I think the top 4 is finalised now. Wolves and Swindon clearly not good enough. Out of Somerset, King's Lynn, Belle Vue and Poole it could be anybody's.

If King's Lynn won't go to Somerset, then Somerset should be awarded the points. It probably won't affect who rides against whom though.

4 minutes ago, Grachan said:

I think the top 4 is finalised now. Wolves and Swindon clearly not good enough. Out of Somerset, King's Lynn, Belle Vue and Poole it could be anybody's.

If King's Lynn won't go to Somerset, then Somerset should be awarded the points. It probably won't affect who rides against whom though.

Gary told me that if the meeting doesn’t go ahead, neither team gets the points. A ridiculous situation.