British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ReadingRacer2017

Race for the Top 4

Top four look sorted now with Swindon, Wolves and Leicester ending their season by the first week of September.

With the loss of the Rye House meetings and no play offs, what savings have fans from these clubs made by getting season tickets. 

I understand we still have 2meetings to arrange before that cut off day,   one against Rebels away,  and the other against Leicester at home.     I've seen it mention on here that we turn our arranged fixture with Leicester into another 'Double Header'.       Has that been officially announced yet,   or it that just   'Pie in the sky'   

We are fast running out of days  

It might be in the Stars' best interest to not race the outstanding fixtures (particularly the away one at Somerset) - especially if their top 4 position is safe?!

13 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

It might be in the Stars' best interest to not race the outstanding fixtures (particularly the away one at Somerset) - especially if their top 4 position is safe?!

Why?

17 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

If any team chooses not to fulfil a fixture the points should go to the other team

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

It's up to Somerset 

When is the cut off?? Also, do you still get fined if you don't complete your fixtures?

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

When is the cut off?? Also, do you still get fined if you don't complete your fixtures?

Cut off for the Premiership is Monday 10th September.  The last time in 2016 when the senior league fixtures werent all completed (Lions v Stars) I am told there were fines but no award of points, so presume the same applies this season.

2 hours ago, Booey boy said:

So Poole top the league and chose there apponent 

Poole aren't bothered about finishing top this year (see Middlo's comments in the Echo today) as the top 4 will all be much of a muchness.

Personally I don't think Poole will finish top anyway.

3 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Poole aren't bothered about finishing top this year (see Middlo's comments in the Echo today) as the top 4 will all be much of a muchness.

Wont be for the want of not trying..

46 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

I’d have thought it would be in Poole’s interests to avoid Somerset in the semis.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I’d have thought it would be in Poole’s interests to avoid Somerset in the semis.

I think we should have Poole in the semi-finals. Beat them and the chances of winning the league is easier, also, it'll be easier to take the defeat in the semis than it would in the final. Always the best option to take on your toughest challenge as early as possible. 

16 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

I think we should have Poole in the semi-finals. Beat them and the chances of winning the league is easier, also, it'll be easier to take the defeat in the semis than it would in the final. Always the best option to take on your toughest challenge as early as possible. 

All to tight to call mate.

49 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Have to do better than your 32 point loss like last time then. 

• Like 1