British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ReadingRacer2017

Race for the Top 4

1 hour ago, Daniel Smith said:

I think we should have Poole in the semi-finals. Beat them and the chances of winning the league is easier, also, it'll be easier to take the defeat in the semis than it would in the final. Always the best option to take on your toughest challenge as early as possible. 

Not for me. I'd probably go BV and try and get in the final. Extra meeting for the fans and a big crowd/money for the club.

1 hour ago, Daniel Smith said:

I think we should have Poole in the semi-finals. Beat them and the chances of winning the league is easier, also, it'll be easier to take the defeat in the semis than it would in the final. Always the best option to take on your toughest challenge as early as possible. 

Couldn’t disagree more, we meet Poole at any stage and we are out. Need them to lose in the semi and only Somerset can do that. 

9 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Not for me. I'd probably go BV and try and get in the final. Extra meeting for the fans and a big crowd/money for the club.

That would be my option.  Let the club take as much out of it as possible.    I don't agree with those who think Poole will steam roller us.   The history of results at their place is very patchy.  Sometimes we have done well and others we have been poor .     Regardless of previous results this year, playing them in the PO would be totally different.   I am in no doubt we have enough strength to cause them problems.   Whatever the result will be, it will be a close call that can go either way.  

It would also be wrong to assume we can repeat our success at the NSS.    Those previous results only indicate our liking for the big open spaces that Belle Vue offer,   Both results have been close and could have easily  gone the other way.    Assuming the PO teams are   Somerset, Poole , BV and KL  the 3 matches should be close and exciting,   No way  will there be any foregone conclusions,   Every team will be in with a chance  and that has to be good for the sport and the supporters...   It will be all about performing on the night..

Three of those PO teams are still in contention for the KO Cup as well,  meaning a 'Double' could be on the cards for one of them         KL  haven't been this close to achieving success for years.   Long may the journey  continue..    

Quite right GRW, nothing can be taken for granted, you can only go on what has happened already this season as a guide. We have won twice in Manchester (admittedly once against a weakened side) and been clattered twice in Dorset and along with the problems that Somerset have caused Poole in their meetings I think there is only one choice Lynn can make IF we finish top.

Why are the management committee not getting involved, the rules clearly state that where the clubs cannot agree a date, they should step in & set a date.

16.1.3 It is the duty of the Staging Promotion to ensure that all Fixtures are completed and in the event of it being necessary to re-arrange a Team Fixture, the Promoter(s) shall mutually agree a re-staging date. Should they fail to agree the sole authority to specify a date and/or venue for the re-staging shall lie with the BSPA MC.

2 hours ago, robins les said:

Why are the management committee not getting involved, the rules clearly state that where the clubs cannot agree a date, they should step in & set a date.

16.1.3 It is the duty of the Staging Promotion to ensure that all Fixtures are completed and in the event of it being necessary to re-arrange a Team Fixture, the Promoter(s) shall mutually agree a re-staging date. Should they fail to agree the sole authority to specify a date and/or venue for the re-staging shall lie with the BSPA MC.

And who is on the MC I wonder...? ;)

19 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

And who is on the MC I wonder...? ;)

The problem with speedway I guess! It shouldn't matter, the same rule applies to all sides.

I wouldn't count Somerset out of finishing top tbh. Especially if we can get King's Lynn to agree to a date before the 10th. We can go well at Belle Vue who are without Bewley and Leicester are there for the taking imo. 

Did i hear during the BT broadcast from Leicester someone say(infer) that it`s Somerset v Kings Lynn next Tuesday September 4th ?

Will Kings Lynn race Leicester for a 2nd time in a week on Monday 10th September(cut-off day) ?

Edited by racers and royals

Looking like Poole will miss out on top spot and choice of who we ride in the playoffs.then are we good enough to win the league on present form doubtful hope I'm wrong we shall see 

11 minutes ago, ray c said:

Looking like Poole will miss out on top spot and choice of who we ride in the playoffs.then are we good enough to win the league on present form doubtful hope I'm wrong we shall see 

Of course we are good enough. No team is head and shoulders but if we click together we will win it. I don’t fear any othe team in the playoffs at all.

16 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Of course we are good enough. No team is head and shoulders but if we click together we will win it. I don’t fear any othe team in the playoffs at all.

Wroyna into the main body will be an issue as his power scoring at reserve will be lost. Klindt is so inconsistent (if he gates he wins). I still think Poole have a number of ''what if's''. That's my opinion. Only time will tell if that is right.

Looking at the 4 teams I think KL are the danger side now, all riders coming into form at the right time. I think the result at Poole a number of weeks ago is a ''one off'' for those boys. BV losing Bewley is a massive dent for them. Somerset with Doyle's scoring at 1 & the two reserves are strong.

2 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Did i hear during the BT broadcast from Leicester someone say(infer) that it`s Somerset v Kings Lynn next Tuesday September 4th ?

Will Kings Lynn race Leicester for a 2nd time in a week on Monday 10th September(cut-off day) ?

It is Somerset v King's Lynn next Tuesday the 4th.On the Somerset website now.

Whoever comes top will pick Belle vue for sure ,and even more some with Bewley  missing .Even by speedway fans standards I am amazed to  see there is a kl fan who thinks kl should ride Poole in the semis if given the choice. The first thing you must do is get to the final .another example of a fan having zero understanding of the money side of the sport 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, orion said:

Whoever comes top will pick Belle vue for sure ,and even more some with Bewley  missing .Even by speedway fans standards I am amazed to  see there is a kl fan who thinks kl should ride Poole in the semis if given the choice. The first thing you must do is get to the final .another example of a fan having zero understanding of the money side of the sport 

Spot on.

We are so bad at the Dorset rollercoaster that we need to avoid that lot at all costs. Other than riding that track my main concern is the lack of points from number seven, need MPT to be on fire for the Play Offs to cover.