British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ReadingRacer2017

Race for the Top 4

1 hour ago, KrisB said:

I agree as Poole have struggled at home against Somerset. KL will pick Belle Vue and will also triumph in the final

You're all assuming Belle Vue will be the final team in the playoffs. Yes they're in the box seat at the moment but there's still plenty of action to come. They have 2 tough fixtures to come, away at Swindon and home to Somerset. Both are tough meetings with a full 1-7 but on the evidence of last night they are severely weakened without Bewley. I wouldnt be at all surprised if they lost both in which case Swindon could yet pinch the last spot. Then of course theres Wolves who could yet do it but we have a tough home meeting against Kings Lynn and very tough away trips to Somerset and Poole. We need to win atleast 2 of these to stand any chance which is a tough ask but again, on the evidence of last night, the determination is certainly there although without Rory and possibly Kyle choice of guests will be key. Which ever 1 it is from those 3 the team that finishes top would be stupid not to pick in the semi final as the other 3 are clearly stronger.

It's ok for teams to amend rules on race nights so hopefully belle vue can bend a rule and get bjerre in for bewley. 

Keep us as underdogs. Everyone loves an underdog 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

It's ok for teams to amend rules on race nights so hopefully belle vue can bend a rule and get bjerre in for bewley. 

Keep us as underdogs. Everyone loves an underdog 

I love to see an underdog win that's why i am praying for Lynn to win the play-offs:rolleyes:.Written off by many fans and speedway pundits alike before a wheel had even been turned way back in March.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, tellboy said:

I love to see an underdog win that's why i am praying for Lynn to win the play-offs:rolleyes:.Written off by many fans and speedway pundits alike before a wheel had even been turned way back in March.

I fancied KL to win the league after watching them at Swindon at the start of the season and then I thought mid season they had no chance. Now Im thinking I was right all along!!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

No team will pick Poole in the semi. They want to make the final.  I believe we are good enough to make the final against any of the other three, and if we do we could easily go on and win it. No real weak links and still have two strong reserves with Worrall and Jakobsen.  The team we ride against in the semi will need to be at their best to beat us over two legs.

If Somerset get a choice in the play offs then I would be choosing Poole personally. Every time we have kept it close or won at Wimborne Road. Worrall has been poor recently and weakens the Pirates considerably now Woryna is in the main body. I'd want to be avoiding Kings Lynn first time around.

Is it not sorted.

Q1. Is the team from a landlocked county?

Yes. You're out.

Q2. Is the team Animal related?

Yes. You're e out.

Edited by Col

18 hours ago, Call me wolfie said:

You're all assuming Belle Vue will be the final team in the playoffs. Yes they're in the box seat at the moment but there's still plenty of action to come. They have 2 tough fixtures to come, away at Swindon and home to Somerset. Both are tough meetings with a full 1-7 but on the evidence of last night they are severely weakened without Bewley. I wouldnt be at all surprised if they lost both in which case Swindon could yet pinch the last spot. Then of course theres Wolves who could yet do it but we have a tough home meeting against Kings Lynn and very tough away trips to Somerset and Poole. We need to win atleast 2 of these to stand any chance which is a tough ask but again, on the evidence of last night, the determination is certainly there although without Rory and possibly Kyle choice of guests will be key. Which ever 1 it is from those 3 the team that finishes top would be stupid not to pick in the semi final as the other 3 are clearly stronger.

I fully agree I still think Swindon could nick it as Somerset at home Will be tough, but the Aces only need 1 point to pip Swindon so a draw at home or an away point at Swindon will do us.  We are slightly stronger now as Tungate can take R/R ride from 1st Sept.

Wolves will need to dramatically improve to get through as they have been shocking away all season, yes the spirt was great to win at home on Monday night but away is different story for Wolves.

Can't see Belle Vue winning now with Dan Bewley out , Kings Lynn have a chance but the favourites are Somerset in my view. I would imagine if Kings Lynn are top the would choose Belle Vue and if Somerset are top they would choose Poole.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Can't see Belle Vue winning now with Dan Bewley out , Kings Lynn have a chance but the favourites are Somerset in my view. I would imagine if Kings Lynn are top the would choose Belle Vue and if Somerset are top they would choose Poole.

If we lose at home to Somerset but then pick up a point at Swindon it will come down to points for and against and at the moment that would favour us. Wolverhampton could also qualify but I think their chances are very slim.

I think King's Lynn will finish top and I agree with you that, if we qualify, they will choose us. I think it will then probably be a Somerset, KL final although never underestimate the Aces. Nobody thought we would win at Somerset and Swindon and although it would be even more difficult without Dan we could still do it against the odds.

Has there been published or does anyone know when the play- offs are scheduled to take place. If BT Sport are going to show both semi’s on the same night, then i’m assuming

Monday 18th September  SF’s 1st leg

Monday 25th September SF’a 2nd leg

Monday 8th October final 1st leg

Monday 15th October final 2nd leg(or possibly Wednesday 10th October)

Those dates aren't even all Mondays!!!

The dates are as follows:

Monday 17th September - 1st semi-final 1st leg

Monday 24th September - 2nd semi-final 1st leg

Monday 1st October - both semi finals 2nd legs

Monday 8th October - Final 1st leg

Wednesday 10th October - Final 2nd leg

Edited by Skidder1

1 minute ago, Skidder1 said:

Those dates aren't even Mondays!!!

The dates are as follows:

Monday 17th September - 1st semi-final 1st leg

Monday 24th September - 2nd semi-final 1st leg

Monday 1st October - both semi finals 2nd legs

Monday 8th October - Final 1st leg

Wednesday 10th October - Final 2nd leg

Thanks - must get a new diary !!!

It's going to take a lot to finish above King's Lynn now tbh although still do- able for Somerset. They would have to pick wins from Leicester and Belle Vue and win against Kings Lynn putting them on 51/52/53 and lets face it King's Lynn beating Leicester twice putting them on 50. We would then have to hope nothing comes from their trip to Wolves. 

As it seems the likely top 2 will be Kings Lynn and Somerset, does it really matter who gets to choose oppnoents as it seems cut and dried who both would pick.

• Like 1

Aces will do enough to make 4th place, however like any team that limps into 4th place will be cannon fodder.

• Confused 1