British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mama

Aces for Tomasz Gollob - Bydgoszcz - 7.10.2018

Seems odd this meeting I assume it’s to rase money for Thomas due to Is dreadful accident, However I was under the impression that he was a multi millionaire before is accident, being the highest paid sports man in Poland, and hearing the money he received from is Polish clubs,this does not surprise me, As he run out of money, 

Edited by Argos

Dry in the stadium at the moment if not in the pub beforehand. Looks like being a decent crowd, bit of a testimonial feel about it but could be entertaining given the line up.

Amazing pictures from Bydgoszcz. Heart breaking. 

The one and only Tomasz Gollob. 

Hope there will be someone able to show us a bit of magic we enjoyed for years watching Tomasz on that oval.

• Like 1

Just got to the pub in Gdansk and the meeting is on and what was all this nonsense about it being a virtual sell out and there was just a handful of tickets left??

The place isn’t even half full!!!!!

Very disappointing as most of my crew wouldn’t go as they thought we would struggle to get in, when in reality it’s empty!!!! 

37 minutes ago, Bradford Ace said:

Just got to the pub in Gdansk and the meeting is on and what was all this nonsense about it being a virtual sell out and there was just a handful of tickets left??

The place isn’t even half full!!!!!

Very disappointing as most of my crew wouldn’t go as they thought we would struggle to get in, when in reality it’s empty!!!! 

It was packed at the start until about 3/4 way through until some stars decided they could not be bothered and pulled out so the reserves started taking all their rides, then tai won the meeting after heat 17 meaning a load more started to leave.. 

poor show from some of the riders and also from some of the polish fans who you would think would of at least stayed til the end.

Time for a live report.

Tickets were available on the day but the place was pretty full for most of the meeting apart from some very low down seats.

Dragged on a bit partly due to a nasty crash which ended Iversen's participation. Hope he is OK. And then with the reserves taking 2 on the trot in the latter stages the gaps between heats were longer.

Of course what doesn't come across on TV was how cold it got. Nippy wind if you were on the back straight.

Shame Hancock failed to finish in his first heat as he may have given Tai a run for his money. Racing wasn't great but the occasion was more important.

Edited by Tactical Joker