British Speedway Forum
StevePark

Newcastle vs Glasgow SCB Championship 05/08/18 @ 6.30pm

4 minutes ago, mauger65 said:

least said the better …. well done Glasgow ……..  cook as ever a joy to watch (if only he would ever become a diamond)

for us only really lindgren can hold his head up high

and as for sarjeant …. what a total arse ……… he knew (or should have) known summers and lindgren were flying up his inside and outside ……….  so to throttle off 1st and leave lindgren no space was simply irresponsible and totally unprofessional ………  and then instead of offering a sorry didn't know you were there …. he acted as if he was the wronged party ………  as I say ….. what a total arse ……………  probably just as well he 'missed' the gate in heat 9 as im sure luddo would have helped him around 

Sargent seems to be an arse every season. His action could have seriously damaged both Ludde and his bike with his stupid move to block Ludde on the line. Don't even think about people who say the throttle works both ways, as Ludde had seen the gap and in a rush for the line the little Tw*t Sargent closed it after Ludde had already moved for the space. One day Sargent will get his comeupence, here's hoping.  

Missed Tero, and a hopeless guest who has not shown any Brough form, but I can only assume it had been thought that Tero was going to be riding and Stewart was the only local, available at the last minute. Robbo had a shocker except one ride and the rest just filled in holes behind the top riders that Glasgow had. Summers for Vissing, who is useless and dangerous at Brough, was a very big upgrade.

Nice to see the Gems get a heathy win against the Giants 26-8 in the second half.

Got to agree with Brought Diamond as I also have had enough and it's not against the riders but the promotion. As Ranting Roy said tonight if your going to get a guest get a good one , refering to Summers.I think that sums it up.

20 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Sargent seems to be an arse every season. His action could have seriously damaged both Ludde and his bike with his stupid move to block Ludde on the line. Don't even think about people who say the throttle works both ways, as Ludde had seen the gap and in a rush for the line the little Tw*t Sargent closed it after Ludde had already moved for the space. One day Sargent will get his comeupence, here's hoping.  

Missed Tero, and a hopeless guest who has not shown any Brough form, but I can only assume it had been thought that Tero was going to be riding and Stewart was the only local, available at the last minute. Robbo had a shocker except one ride and the rest just filled in holes behind the top riders that Glasgow had. Summers for Vissing, who is useless and dangerous at Brough, was a very big upgrade.

Nice to see the Gems get a heathy win against the Giants 26-8 in the second half.

Summers helping Tigers to 4 pt away win.Berwick were never going to be in the top 4 anyway:nono::rolleyes:

10 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

Anyone that thought Newcastle might have got a result tonight, needs to see a doctor. Such a shame Ludde couldn't take part in ht 15 as he was well on his way to smashing all the Glasgow max's ;)

The guest situation done us no favours and the delay before ht 15 wasn't good, but hope the fella in the crowd is ok.

Ffs I'm sure the guy will apologise to you for falling ill and keeping you away from your horlicks before bed time.. 

31 minutes ago, andys said:

Ffs I'm sure the guy will apologise to you for falling ill and keeping you away from your horlicks before bed time.. 

oops, I didn't mean the guy falling ill, more about the tapes situation.

8 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

oops, I didn't mean the guy falling ill, more about the tapes situation.

Did seem abit heartless maybe edit the post might be an idea eh 

13 minutes ago, andys said:

Did seem abit heartless maybe edit the post might be an idea eh 

Its no good editing a post after its been quoted, but I do see how some might 'read it' and I apologise if it offended folk.

• Like 1

Should you find yourself in need of a chortle, have a look at the write-up of Sunday's match on the Diamonds' website.

it's a different world on there, where we're the best team in the league, every loss is heroic and undeserved,  and Archie Freeman is world champion.

PS Where is TWK?

Edited by Terrace Grumbler
Mind yer own business, you're too nosey

1 hour ago, Terrace Grumbler said:

Should you find yourself in need of a chortle, have a look at the write-up of Sunday's match on the Diamonds' website.

it's a different world on there, where we're the best team in the league, every loss is heroic and undeserved,  and Archie Freeman is world champion.

PS Where is TWK?

You don't give yourself any credibility by being sarcastic about the best youngster the area has produced for years. If we didn't bother to try to bring on the better youth of today, I suspect you would be the biggest Terrace Grumbler for "doing nowt as usual'. :nono:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Terrace Grumbler said:

PS Where is TWK?

Dunno, he's probly searching for some shred of evidence that would suggest our new no.1 & skipper is doing better than the last one ;)

BTW, a think Archie has really moved forward in the last 18/24 mth.

2 hours ago, Terrace Grumbler said:

PS Where is TWK?

You've clearly read a completely different report to the one on the website.  And, as Dave says, to have a sarcastic dig at a 13-year old, is totally uncalled for, totally unfair and you should, perhaps, think before you type in future?

to be fair guys I don't think TG is having a pop at archie - his ire is at the joke reporting by the diamonds which has given no credibility to the management at all

us keyboard warriors know nowt ………….. yet our predictions have been a damn site more accurate than ranting roys and the promotion

the team has never been good enough ………. that is not even up for debate anymore

with Workington, lakeside  peterboro and an improving Scunthorpe to visit us ……….. a home win is difficult to foresee and an away win … well lets not even go there ………. we are in a 3 way battle with redcar and Sheffield for the wooden spoon …. and given we visit them and they hit us for 60+ last time ……… well they are obvious away wins for us …………...

in the last 6 weeks every team have been trying to improve their sides ………… we have 3 points to play and we did nowt ………  even though the team is clearly not good enough

lets be honest … we lucky to be unbeaten at home til Workington …………. the opposition teams seemed hell bent on giving us points …. well our luck has run out 

still … its only Workington on sunday who have rene bach at reserve !!!!!!!!!

quote of the season …. ranting roy after Sheffield ….. 'this team is going places' ……………. it certainly is 

Edited by mauger65
  • Like 2

Do not think Rene or Nicolai will be riding Sunday as both required for Poland and only national league guests allowed as replacement.

1 hour ago, soupy said:

Do not think Rene or Nicolai will be riding Sunday as both required for Poland and only national league guests allowed as replacement.

Still confused as to why the Comets are saying that this is a re-aranged fixture?  Unless I'm missing something in my fuddled brain?

I can't understand why we have Robbo and Ludvig as 1 and 2, surely Ludvig would be better utilised at 3 or 4 and Kus and 2??

• Like 2