British Speedway Forum
StevePark

Newcastle vs Glasgow SCB Championship 05/08/18 @ 6.30pm

2 hours ago, StevePark said:

But, whilst it's in the rules, it's going to happen.

The second day for any rain offs are in the rules so on the face of things all is above board, but the meeting wasn't rained off so IMO there is no reason why Vissing couldn't make it to Newcastle tonight, but like has already been posted Vissing has form and did the same thing to Berwick last season, thankfully Berwick had the good sense to get rid of him very soon after.

1 hour ago, JoeW said:

Just sums up what is crap about speedway these days. Four weeks without a meeting and Aarnio & Kus absent because they are abroad. I despair.

Was thinking the same thing. Speedway in the UK is not dying it’s virtually dead. Would never have missed a meeting back in the day, I’ve been to one meeting this season and didn’t enjoy it. Same teams, same riders week in week out. With fewer teams than ever before and a complete lack of riders I can’t see speedway continuing as a professional sport in this country much longer. Sad, but it’s been coming for a long time.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Taylorj said:

Good luck Newcastle ;)

You should wish good luck to our opponents more often.

1 hour ago, NJC71 said:

Was thinking the same thing. Speedway in the UK is not dying it’s virtually dead. Would never have missed a meeting back in the day, I’ve been to one meeting this season and didn’t enjoy it. Same teams, same riders week in week out. With fewer teams than ever before and a complete lack of riders I can’t see speedway continuing as a professional sport in this country much longer. Sad, but it’s been coming for a long time.

You've not had a meeting for weeks!  It could be worse, you could be a Workington fan - great team and only 2 home league matches so far this season. The problem isn't the same riders and teams week in week out but no teams/riders week in, week out. If your gonna moan at least moan about the right thing

• Like 1

Looking at the team Newcastle put out, the performances of some of those who did ride, and the length of time taken to run the meeting, you have to seriously worry about what the attendance will be for next Sunday when Workington are the visitors.

2 minutes ago, Al Stewart said:

Looking at the team Newcastle put out, the performances of some of those who did ride, and the length of time taken to run the meeting, you have to seriously worry about what the attendance will be for next Sunday when Workington are the visitors.

Aarnio & Kus were outwith the control of Newcastle , from that respect what do you expect them to do ?.

As for crowd levels its not just Newcastle they are in decline all over so why single them out, or has something else upset you.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Aarnio & Kus were outwith the control of Newcastle , from that respect what do you expect them to do ?.

As for crowd levels its not just Newcastle they are in decline all over so why single them out, or has something else upset you.

I am not saying that anything was Newcastle's fault, nor that there isn't decline elsewhere. I am simply expressing concern for a club I like. Apologies for intruding on your domain.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Glasgow away win will be a worry  for Monarchs play off chances if Worky manage to win matches in hand,although Monarchs are still well in the race and with Team changes are looking strong.

2 minutes ago, Al Stewart said:

I am not saying that anything was Newcastle's fault, nor that there isn't decline elsewhere. I am simply expressing concern for a club I like. Apologies for intruding on your domain.

Only asked the question to which you have replied you can only beat what is in front of you.

I am sure Newcastle will muddle through.

5 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Glasgow away win will be a worry  for Monarchs play off chances if Worky manage to win matches in hand,although Monarchs are still well in the race and with Team changes are looking strong.

Have to agree the Monarchs are looking stronger , better with the points in the bag though , as i say i still think we need another away win which is a big ask.

Assuming we win our remaining home matches which is not guaranteed.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Al Stewart said:

and the length of time taken to run the meeting, 

Got to agree about length of time to run meetings. Seems to be getting longer each week....Yes I agree both teams were using rider replacement but even before the starting gate problems and the gentleman being attended to by first aiders on the terracing it was still nearly 20/25 minutes between end of heat 14 and original start of heat 15 

I was really looking forward to this meeting and actually arrived at my Dad’s at 5:15 ready to travel to the track when he noticed the Newcastle team on the updates site.

We were both so annoyed at the booking of a guest who struggled to beat 2 Newcastle juniors on his last visit that we both decided enough is enough.

I dont mind if we win or lose as long as we’ve given it a good go.

The club itself isnt my issue either, its the fact that British speedway is in such an appaling state that we are actually allowed to turn out that kind of side and the BSPA are content with it?

I’ve supported the Diamonds through thick and thin since 75 and my Dad hasnt missed a season since we re-opened after the war but something is seriously wrong when we look and shake our heads with regret!

• Like 2

The guest was an affront to the paying public.

Lindgren and possibly Morris apart the team's performances were abject and should have made the promotion embarrassed. 

The only good thing to come out of that is that I hope it will silence Ludde's detractors for a while.

least said the better …. well done Glasgow ……..  cook as ever a joy to watch (if only he would ever become a diamond)

for us only really lindgren can hold his head up high

and as for sarjeant …. what a total arse ……… he knew (or should have) known summers and lindgren were flying up his inside and outside ……….  so to throttle off 1st and leave lindgren no space was simply irresponsible and totally unprofessional ………  and then instead of offering a sorry didn't know you were there …. he acted as if he was the wronged party ………  as I say ….. what a total arse ……………  probably just as well he 'missed' the gate in heat 9 as im sure luddo would have helped him around 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Anyone that thought Newcastle might have got a result tonight, needs to see a doctor. Such a shame Ludde couldn't take part in ht 15 as he was well on his way to smashing all the Glasgow max's ;)

The guest situation done us no favours and the delay before ht 15 wasn't good, but hope the fella in the crowd is ok.