British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Baldyman

Lakeside v ipswich

People have too high expectations of speedway that's the problem. Many think that unless all 4 riders are swapping places every corner of every lap of every heat its a poor meeting. I for one have very rarely not enjoyed a meeting. And I have experienced many one sided affairs and many meetings with very few overtakes. Its the thrill of watching 4 riders give it their all for the whole 4 laps just inches from disaster that makes most of the enjoyment. And until people start seeing this I can't see the popularity of the sport improving.  The actual product is good enough over here (and in my opinion superior to the majority of Swedish and Polish League meetings) Its just the politics of it all that is the problem. 

In terms of the 2 meetings last week I enjoyed my trip to Ipswich and the meeting, despite the result and refereeing along with lack of overtaking. And thought that Fridays encounter was yet again brilliant at the raceway. 

• Like 2