British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Leicester. Prem B. Thursday 9/8/18

A rare meeting on a Thursday for Pirates next week as we take on Leicester in the Prem B fixture. Another big crowd expected at Wimborne Road as the new look Lions team come along looking for a win to keep their season going. Will they come away from Poole with the bounty? Not an ice cream in hells chance!

Another big win for Pirates in my opinion to send the crowd home very happy and increase our chances of a playoff berth at the end of the season.

Andersen and Nicholls should provide some good entertainment as both ride the track very well, but where’s the support coming from?

56-34ish.

Thoughts?

Edited by Steve Shovlar

Wish this wasn’t on a Thursday as I am unable to go on Thursdays due to working late....Same with the Monday (13th) against Somerset.

I can only see Scott giving us a problem here .sooner see a close meeting rather than a landslide which this could be ?

Edited by ray c

6 minutes ago, ray c said:

I can only see Scott giving us a problem here .sooner see a close meeting rather than a landslide which this could be ?

Dont think so..

8 minutes ago, ray c said:

I want to see another hammering. Points for and against could come into play for who finishes top.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Andersen and Nicholls should provide some good entertainment as both ride the track very well, but where’s the support coming from

Nowhere? I wouldn't be too sure about Andersen riding the track well either being as he won't be riding for Poole. Fully expecting another trouncing in the region of 16/20 points. 

As long as there's some dirt on the outside like last time so Hans gets nowhere by sticking to the white line, should be another comfortable home win.

Plus it'll be Leicester's 3rd away meeting in 4 days next week so they may well be even more demoralised than before - unless they get something from Wolves and Swindon?!

Leicester have the upper hand - they can track this season’s 12 riders against Poole’s meagre 11!  :)

#Poole46.5ish

9 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Leicester have the upper hand - they can track this season’s 12 riders against Poole’s meagre 11!  :)

#Poole46.5ish

It doesn't work if you make the wrong changes!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, foreverblue said:

It doesn't work if you make the wrong changes!

Poole have indeed turned their season around, just shows how wrong Poole fans were pre season with their strongest line up for years. Can't remember what SS said he'd do if THAT Poole team didn't win the league??, hopefully he will remember what he posted and honour it.;):D

• Like 1

Poole are the team to beat. I'd be shocked if they don't win the title now. Very solid.

I don't think SS "56-34 ish" and Trumpy's "60-30" are far out.

I'll go down the middle with 58-32.

12 hours ago, hyderd said:

Poole have indeed turned their season around, just shows how wrong Poole fans were pre season with their strongest line up for years. Can't remember what SS said he'd do if THAT Poole team didn't win the league??, hopefully he will remember what he posted and honour it.;):D

Not just some Poole fans - the Bookies and a number of track pundits/reporters had Poole as firm favourites at the start of the season.

• Like 2