British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Leicester. Prem B. Thursday 9/8/18

What a fricking con. A quick shower that did nothing to the track and they call it off.  The grand stand were booing and rightly so.  I am pi££ed at this decision. POOLE SPEEDWAY BLOODY DISGUSTING. There are families that pay £40 to go in and this happens. Utterly disgraceful. The track was far wetter at the start it always is. Another load of fans will stick two fingers up to the sport.

Edited by Mr X
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Was it a rain off or an oil off????

• Like 1

And the announcer Nigel leahy oh jolly hockey sticks we'll see you next Monday. Oh ok Nigel..... Up yours is how I feel. 

• Like 1

Heat 10 the track was billowing with dust. The next minute it's off due to a little bit of rain that did nothing but dampen it down. I'm not happy. 

• Like 1

Just now, Mr X said:

Heat 10 the track was billowing with dust. The next minute it's off due to a little bit of rain that did nothing but dampen it down. I'm not happy. 

Do you think it would of been called off at heat 9 after a similar shower?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

Saves a few quid in wages....coincident. 

Several grand :blink:

Edited by Bald Bloke

The only person that can call it off is the ref, normally on the agreement of the 2 captains

Edited by Baldyman

Absolutely disgraceful call off. I was leading the boos. How can one short shower cause a rainoff when in the previous race there was quite a bit off dust? 

There was zero attempt to do anything about sorting the trac, which to be honest needed no more than a quick grade! The tractor came out and at the same time it was announced, that with the referee, that conditions had got bad and both managers and captains agreed to abandon the meeting.

No thought for the large crowd in attendance who had just been short changed, on the whim of riders who probably hadn’t even given a thought to those that had paid a chunk to watch.

The ref, Dave Robinson, should have demanded a track grade, which would have sorted the track in five minutes, and stuck the 2 mins on. It was a thin shower line which passed over in less than ten minutes. Blue skies on the other side. But instead Robinson cowtowed to a few riders and the meeting was off. It’s like going to a football match and one team is 4-0 down after 75 mins and they say they don’t want to play anymore, so the ref blows full time. Totally unacceptable. 

The meeting itself was average fair. The track was underwatered and slick. Not as good as recently. Still some passing butmore gate and go than it has been. Can’t be bothered to write a meeting report as peed off with this abandonment.

• Like 8

Just now, thecoombdog said:

Be very interesting to hear Starman's version of events

I was then typing the same and adding SS 

1 minute ago, Bald Bloke said:

I was then typing the same and adding SS 

Shov been very honest. Its going to make Starmans version even better as we all know he can't slate Ford

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Absolutely disgraceful call off. I was leading the boos. How can one short shower cause a rainoff when in the previous race there was quite a bit off dust? 

There was zero attempt to do anything about sorting the trac, which to be honest needed no more than a quick grade! The tractor came out and at the same time it was announced, that with the referee, that conditions had got bad and both managers and captains agreed to abandon the meeting.

No thought for the large crowd in attendance who had just been short changed, on the whim of riders who probably hadn’t even given a thought to those that had paid a chunk to watch.

The ref, Dave Robinson, should have demanded a track grade, which would have sorted the track in five minutes, and stuck the 2 mins on. It was a thin shower line which passed over in less than ten minutes. Blue skies on the other side. But instead Robinson cowtowed to a few riders and the meeting was off. It’s like going to a football match and one team is 4-0 down after 75 mins and they say they don’t want to play anymore, so the ref blows full time. Totally unacceptable. 

The meeting itself was average fair. The track was underwatered and slick. Not as good as recently. Still some passing butmore gate and go than it has been. Can’t be bothered to write a meeting report as peed off with this abandonment.

Fair play to your honest assessment. Sometimes it pays to hear what people who were there say. Was it rider pressure then?