British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Leicester. Prem B. Thursday 9/8/18

2 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

The riders and Not Fraud or Middlo ? Please clarify

I can’t answer as I was not in the pits to witness what was going on.

the track was a lot wetter before the first race than when the meeting was called off a couple of graded laps and the track would have been perfect again disgraceful decision if this was the bt meeting monday it would have been concluded ps the poole riders came over to the main grandstand indicating not our decision after the call off

Edited by ray c

Absolute disgrace to call that off. The track was wetter prior to heat 1 with the hose pipe watering! I was amazed and shocked when they called it off with not even an attempt to grade. Something isn’t right here at all. Never seen a end to a meeting like that, fans booing & all the riders walked over which was strange, where was Nigel? No interviews, nothing! Really poor. I’m the mug because I come back week every week. Bloke next to me with his daughter made it clear he won’t be, said this happened at the last meeting he came too and said he won’t be coming back again as felt he was being short changed! The BSPA wonder why the sport is dying in this country.

Edited by Pirates Of Poole
  • Like 6

Was coming down Wednesday September 5th, won't bother now

a few around us thought after the grading had finished a rider from each team could have done a couple of laps to test the track,but low and behold it was abandoned after the tractor had only done 2 laps, tho the track was already looking perfect!! there were people round us booing who i never would have expected to,such was the strong feeling,you cant keep taking the pixx out of people and expect them to pay decent money for the privilege  

• Like 1

Track pic

https://ibb.co/iEEuLp

Edited by Jason.C
Wrong link

cant ever remember booing after a meeting called of due to the weather before the track was perfect when we left

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Absolutely disgraceful call off. I was leading the boos. How can one short shower cause a rainoff when in the previous race there was quite a bit off dust? 

There was zero attempt to do anything about sorting the trac, which to be honest needed no more than a quick grade! The tractor came out and at the same time it was announced, that with the referee, that conditions had got bad and both managers and captains agreed to abandon the meeting.

No thought for the large crowd in attendance who had just been short changed, on the whim of riders who probably hadn’t even given a thought to those that had paid a chunk to watch.

The ref, Dave Robinson, should have demanded a track grade, which would have sorted the track in five minutes, and stuck the 2 mins on. It was a thin shower line which passed over in less than ten minutes. Blue skies on the other side. But instead Robinson cowtowed to a few riders and the meeting was off. It’s like going to a football match and one team is 4-0 down after 75 mins and they say they don’t want to play anymore, so the ref blows full time. Totally unacceptable. 

The meeting itself was average fair. The track was underwatered and slick. Not as good as recently. Still some passing butmore gate and go than it has been. Can’t be bothered to write a meeting report as peed off with this abandonment.

Fair play to you, very honest post

Something really weird going on there, club statement should be issued to clarify.

3 minutes ago, Jason.C said:

Thanks... What a crock of rubbish.Meeting would of carried on if Poole wasn't winning big.May not of been all Poole as both teams would of benefited from the call off. Saving both teams lots of money, and fug the fans...…. Any that say  Fraud or Middlo didn't have a thing to do with it at all are so far gone, it's nearly funny.

8 minutes ago, Jason.C said:

If that's as bad as it was, that is a disgrace.

When I was young and Crayford were running, they used to put sawdust down to soak up the excess water - and I mean real lakes of water, not a trickle as in that photo - don't tracks do that nowadays?

Edited by Andy Downes
spelling

But we will be told "We wasn't there" by some of Pooles puppets :P

Poole had won the meeting, no probs..But the wages v fans ?

Edited by Bald Bloke