British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Leicester. Prem B. Thursday 9/8/18

would also add that our little group have all decided to watch on bt nxt wk, figuring that was the easiest way to make a protest ,might calm down in day or two,perhaps,i will go or not with the majority.agree with other poster nigel the announcer who tonight just couldnt stop jibbering on about something(coach to swindon 7 times) was nowhere to be seen when explanations were reqd,interview team managers,referee,captains and other riders,promoters,had to do something not hide away, shocking pr

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phil The Ace said:

Was it a rain off or an oil off????

just wondered when that one was going to come out

• Thanks 1

I have been going for many years and recall the track being in worse condition, and then being salvaged with a few grades and some saw dust thrown in too.

Tonight smacks of Leicester throwing in the towel at a whiff of rain and the rest just going along with it.

The track wasn't watered since before Ht1 obviously in anticipation we were going to potentially receive a heavy shower. As you can see, if anything the short heavy shower probably would have helped the track along a bit. 

As I was leaving the stadium, I heard a comment from one man with his family "well I'm never coming back here again" which makes me assume it was their first time. 

Shame. 

Nigel leahy waffling on about something no one was at all interested in.  Everyone was booing and he continues to banter on. Of course he doesnt have to pay £40 for a family to get in to watch 11 heats and then be kicked out!!!  I've been wetter from splashback in the gents!    Disgraceful from whoever made this decision....More than likely Nicholls led it as some said.   I heard someone say the ref said it was wet on the bare patches....HAHAHAHAH put some effing shale on it then.

Oh and by the way we are all expected to turn up again on Monday when its on tv.......

Edited by Mr X
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Nigel leahy waffling on about something no one was at all interested in.  Everyone was booing and he continues to banter on. Of course he doesnt have to pay £40 for a family to get in to watch 11 heats and then be kicked out!!!  I've been wetter from splashback in the gents!    Disgraceful from whoever made this decision....More than likely Nicholls led it as some said.

Oh and by the way we are all expected to turn up again on Monday when its on tv.......

Suggest Matt does some discount tickets to get punters back onside for Monday next..

To be fair to him, he is one of not many who would even consider it as he knows how important good PR is...

I have had some info from someone who attended the press conference afterwards. They said Neil and Josh came on quite strong.

It seems that the riders thought the inside of the track was like glass. It only needed one rider to lose it there to cause carnage with a potential serious injury resulting. Woryna said he didn’t come over from Poland for three rides but it was the correct call. He also said he caught his kevlars in his front mudguard which nearly pulled him off his bike.

Anyway that was from the press conference. No I didn’t attend.

What happened to the FRN... Having the meeting today helped Poole big time, was it 2 Danes and Harris away, i'm not sure?. Poole fans let us know.

Good for Poole, full team, big crowd and a big win. All good for Fraud....Bit of rain, ok the Lions can't win. Poole have the points they want. Several grand to be saved by both clubs.Sod the fans!!!! And it's nothing to do with Fraud or/and Middlo at all?

6 minutes ago, Orbiter said:

Something really weird going on there, club statement should be issued to clarify.

Absolutely disgraceful!!!!! Whatever is going on at Poole. First of all, the normal disappointment with the first bend "Gourmet" burger van, (No hot dog rolls), but that's for another thread  and then the Coup de grace, the postponement. Firstly, everyone in the stadium could see the rain coming, so Why????? did we have an interval. When it did come, it lasted about 5 minutes. To be honest, the track looked in better nick after the shower and with a bit of grading, I'm sure would have produced some good racing. We travel down from Southampton and sadly, will stay at home on Monday. This is NOT the publicity that Poole, or more importantly, Speedway needs at this, or any other time.

From one very disgruntled and disillusioned supporter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

That would sort of wash Steve if we saw the riders having a good look at the track. The only one I saw was Worrall kicking around the pit gate. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Andy Downes said:

If that's as bad as it was, that is a disgrace.

When I was young and Crayford were running, they used to put sawdust down to soak up the excess water - and I mean real lakes of water, not a trickle as in that photo - don't tracks do that nowadays?

That's as bad as it was...it was far wetter prior to the meeting...National League riders would have gotten on with it no worries.  Disgusted with the attitude of riders from tonight...Then they decide to walk over to the start line and give us a clap!!!!! What was that about. Richie Worrall has a kick around in the dirt then all walk back to the pits and realised we were booing them, they obviously felt embarrassed.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

But we will be told "We wasn't there" by some of Pooles puppets :P

Poole had won the meeting, no probs..But the wages v fans ?

Not tonight you wont 

Edited by ray c

3 minutes ago, Southampton Pirate said:

Absolutely disgraceful!!!!! Whatever is going on at Poole. First of all, the normal disappointment with the first bend "Gourmet" burger van, (No hot dog rolls), but that's for another thread 

I managed to grab a hot dog from there around the time gates opened. You aren't missing much. 

Just now, Bald Bloke said:

SS and Starry have had an early night :P

Starry will tell us its to do with the tide :D

10 minutes ago, Jason.C said:

That would sort of wash Steve if we saw the riders having a good look at the track. The only one I saw was Worrall kicking around the pit gate. 

You're correct Jason..No riders came out prior to the start line tosh until AFTER IT WAS OFF.   There was a huddle in the pits from where I could see so knew something was up.  Ref walks over to pits...Nigel Leahy announces its off.  Bollox to this "the track was like glass nonsense".   There were one or two bare patches as is the norm around heat 10 or so.   Simple solution...GRADE BACK THE SHALE ONTO THE BARE PATCHES as it ought to be done anyway.  Oh yes, only 1 track grade tonight..after heat 4.    Sorry Poole speedway or Leicester...no excuses.  Riders get injured on dry tracks..not wet/damp tracks where they generally ride slower.

Edited by Mr X
  • Like 2