British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Leicester. Prem B. Thursday 9/8/18

31 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Same applies, i dont live in Norfolk.

They don't pay you that much to sell the star..

Your a member of "The Poole are the only club that  matter's " club in the UK.club

Edited by Bald Bloke

And i bet next week all the Poole lemmings will be there again. They know they can take the mick out of you cos you keep turning up.  Every track has its lemmings though. Which doesn't help with how speedway is run now.

Edited by Baldyman

RIP British Speedway.

• Thanks 1

How many times has that been posted!!!!!! Gonna come true one day

1 hour ago, Baldyman said:

And i bet next week all the Poole lemmings will be there again. They know they can take the mick out of you cos you keep turning up.  Every track has its lemmings though. Which doesn't help with how speedway is run now.

Yep, even your place...

8 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

They don't pay you that much to sell the star..

Your a member of "The Poole are the only club that  matter's " club in the UK.club

Thats correct. I mean you wouldn't see Sir Alex fergusson going into the city dressing room and sharing info with the city manager, would you..?
And no, i dont get paid..

8 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Yep, even your place...

Correct...every track. And it's the lemmings that have the mick taken out of them the most.

9 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

Why would i want to. Matt doesnt make that decision..

The call off would have saved Ford a few quid though wouldn't it. Nothing to refund to fans and much less to pay the riders. Do you think it would have been off after that shower if it had happened at heat 5? Obviously I wasn't there so its a genuine question.

11 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Absolutely disgraceful call off. I was leading the boos. How can one short shower cause a rainoff when in the previous race there was quite a bit off dust? 

There was zero attempt to do anything about sorting the trac, which to be honest needed no more than a quick grade! The tractor came out and at the same time it was announced, that with the referee, that conditions had got bad and both managers and captains agreed to abandon the meeting.

No thought for the large crowd in attendance who had just been short changed, on the whim of riders who probably hadn’t even given a thought to those that had paid a chunk to watch.

The ref, Dave Robinson, should have demanded a track grade, which would have sorted the track in five minutes, and stuck the 2 mins on. It was a thin shower line which passed over in less than ten minutes. Blue skies on the other side. But instead Robinson cowtowed to a few riders and the meeting was off. It’s like going to a football match and one team is 4-0 down after 75 mins and they say they don’t want to play anymore, so the ref blows full time. Totally unacceptable. 

The meeting itself was average fair. The track was underwatered and slick. Not as good as recently. Still some passing butmore gate and go than it has been. Can’t be bothered to write a meeting report as peed off with this abandonment.

Pretty much agree with all that.

The meeting got off to a very awkward start and got progressively worse.  Presenter Nij started with REF presentations, then introduced the Leicester riders, BEFORE remembering a tribute to the Late Bob Dugard. Embarrassing to say the least. At least everyone in the stadium showed total respect to guy who has had such a major impact on our sport. An impeccable minutes silence, followed by a spontaneous standing ovation.

As SS says, a very ordinary meeting, with one or two decent paases etc. Nothing out of the oridinary. Track was a little dusty and NEEDED a watering.  I genuinely thought the track looked perfect after the rain, only needing a little grading. NO riders inspecting the track in detail. No track walk. Then the call off. Unreal. The crowd unsurprisingly aggrieved.

I am sorry I dont accept the riders view about the slick inside being dangerous. Give it 5 or 10 minutes, with dirt levelled over it, I am sure it would have been ok. After all, our track has been in a far worse condition for most of the season anyway! Send 2 riders out from each team to test it, maybe Kurtz/Harris and Andersen/Nicholls.  At least then the fans can see and perhaps understand a little more.

Not doing anyone any favours with what happened and the way it happened. If this had been on TV or a Play off, I feel sure it would have continued.

A very disgruntled and disillusioned fan, even today. I have to ask myself, why do I bother making a 200 mile round trip, then end up with this? Could have some serious repercussions, crowd wise.

• Like 3

A complete joke to call that off, the track was better after the rain than before!

Do Poole ever water the track during the meeting?  I can't recall ever seeing them do it when I've been there. 

It needed more water last night as the dust was spoiling the viewing and the rain did it a favour.

The most important people at a speedway meeting are the fans and they were robbed again last night.

Whoever made the call last night should be held to account, completely wrong decision.

18 minutes ago, BobC said:

Pretty much agree with all that.

The meeting got off to a very awkward start and got progressively worse.  Presenter Nij started with REF presentations, then introduced the Leicester riders, BEFORE remembering a tribute to the Late Bob Dugard. Embarrassing to say the least. At least everyone in the stadium showed total respect to guy who has had such a major impact on our sport. An impeccable minutes silence, followed by a spontaneous standing ovation.

As SS says, a very ordinary meeting, with one or two decent paases etc. Nothing out of the oridinary. Track was a little dusty and NEEDED a watering.  I genuinely thought the track looked perfect after the rain, only needing a little grading. NO riders inspecting the track in detail. No track walk. Then the call off. Unreal. The crowd unsurprisingly aggrieved.

I am sorry I dont accept the riders view about the slick inside being dangerous. Give it 5 or 10 minutes, with dirt levelled over it, I am sure it would have been ok. After all, our track has been in a far worse condition for most of the season anyway! Send 2 riders out from each team to test it, maybe Kurtz/Harris and Andersen/Nicholls.  At least then the fans can see and perhaps understand a little more.

Not doing anyone any favours with what happened and the way it happened. If this had been on TV or a Play off, I feel sure it would have continued.

A very disgruntled and disillusioned fan, even today. I have to ask myself, why do I bother making a 200 mile round trip, then end up with this? Could have some serious repercussions, crowd wise.

Spot on would the meeting have been called off if we were only on heat 9 doubtful shame on everybody concerned with the meeting ?

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Stoke Potter said:

A complete joke to call that off, the track was better after the rain than before!

Do Poole ever water the track during the meeting?  I can't recall ever seeing them do it when I've been there. 

It needed more water last night as the dust was spoiling the viewing and the rain did it a favour.

The most important people at a speedway meeting are the fans and they were robbed again last night.

Whoever made the call last night should be held to account, completely wrong decision.

Try talking to Dave Robertson.... As for the dust, its been a dam site worse, clearly you are all watching a different meeting.

2 hours ago, thecoombdog said:

The call off would have saved Ford a few quid though wouldn't it. Nothing to refund to fans and much less to pay the riders. Do you think it would have been off after that shower if it had happened at heat 5? Obviously I wasn't there so its a genuine question.

As i said, and clearly you wont have it. Matt has nothing to do with making those decisions. Its down to the riders Referee and the clerk of the course..

Shouldn't ford come out with a statement stating how disgusted he is with the riders and referee, as it's decisions like that..that will do damage to his business. 

18 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Try talking to Dave Robertson.... As for the dust, its been a dam site worse, clearly you are all watching a different meeting.

Why was I watching a different meeting?

I don't see how the dust being worse on a previous occasion makes any difference.

If the dust is affecting the fans viewing, which it was, then the track should be watered, end of.

• Like 1