British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Leicester. Prem B. Thursday 9/8/18

4 hours ago, Baldyman said:

And i bet next week all the Poole lemmings will be there again. They know they can take the mick out of you cos you keep turning up.  Every track has its lemmings though. Which doesn't help with how speedway is run now.

Why are we lemmings?    I assume you are a speedway fan who goes each week to your club?  Take the mick cos we keep turning up?   So shall we all never go again?   I think you mean "fans" and not lemmings?   Or are you as ignorant as your post suggests?

My rants are extremely valid about last night as are hundreds of others.  No need for the juvenile sarcasm but then again when Poole are involved in any discussion that's what we get. And as for Monday, well my love for speedway will probably draw me to the stadium despite last nights utter farce decision (likely led by Nicholls) as I would call myself a loyal fan since 1970 and not a lemming or a mug!  

Thanks.

Edited by Mr X
  • Like 3

No I'm not a fan that goes each week, I don't let myself get treated un fairly and then turn up again the week after and after and after, I'm not that much of a mug. I used to be but not any more.

Well thats up to you. But please don't insult genuine speedway fans. 

• Like 3

So is a genuine speedway fan someone that gets mugged off one week..then turns up the next regardless? Or is a genuine speedway fan someone that won't let that happen to them because it's adding extra nails to a sport they love.

genuine
ˈdʒɛnjʊɪn/
adjective

1. truly what something is said to be; authentic.

Your decision not to go. Perhaps your attendance and cash would like thousands of others, help the sport financially instead of staying away. But its your choice.  I go because i love to watch the sport and my team since childhood. Genuine or not genuine.  Not replying to argument anymore. I dont do it.

I think the term regarding last nights decision is "being sh!t on from a great height".   Ah well, roll on Monday.

Edited by Mr X

1 hour ago, Starman2006 said:

As i said, and clearly you wont have it. Matt has nothing to do with making those decisions. Its down to the riders Referee and the clerk of the course..

Would a shower like that after heat 5 have caused the meeting to be cancelled? Again this is a genuine question.

if scott nicholls  was the main instigator as is being suggested (i have no idea if this is true) for having the meeting abandoned,he could have reasoned that the way he was riding last night he wasnt going to lose much if any points money from the rest of the meeting!! alternatively he could have had an early appointment today with his tailor re a suitable shirt for sats gp lol

I wasn't there. I am a Glasgow fan so no doubt will be told go back to your page and don't interfere. BUT what is wrong with all you people? Poole fans are upset at what happened even those that never normally say anything against there team and yet they and promoter are still getting stick?

The rules are clear only the losing team can ask for a track inspection (not Poole). The referee makes the final decision in consultation with both captains and the clerk of the course. So it must have been Leicester that asked the ref to call it of. If the ref agrees with the Leicester riders then its of and nothing the Poole side do or say will change things.

Edited by SharpenRake
  • Like 7

23 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

And they will carry on doing it until they get a reality check.

But if too many fans stay away then clubs will get shut down, I'm afraid it's a lose lose situation. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

I wasn't there. I am a Glasgow fan so no doubt will be told go back to your page and don't interfere. BUT what is wrong with all you people? Poole fans are upset at what happened even those that never normally say anything against there team and yet they and promoter are still getting stick?

The rules are clear only the losing team can ask for a track inspection (not Poole). The referee makes the final decision in consultation with both captains and the clerk of the course make the decision. So it must have been Leicester that asked the ref to call it of. If the ref agrees with the Leicester riders then its of and nothing the Poole side do or say will change things.

Kind of odd as the losing team will always want it called off! 

8 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

But if too many fans stay away then clubs will get shut down, I'm afraid it's a lose lose situation. 

I agree, but it shouldn't be a reason to let them treat fans like fools. 

If you don't feel like you have been mugged off then that's fine though, we are all different.

Edited by Baldyman

34 minutes ago, thecoombdog said:

Would a shower like that after heat 5 have caused the meeting to be cancelled? Again this is a genuine question.

No, it wouldn't and it would have been completed had this been on Monday with BT there. It drizzled for a few minutes, rained fairly gently for five minutes then petered out. The tractor came out, went around bend three/four and hey presto, the water was gone. Unfortunately half way through that two minute job, it was announced that the meeting was abandoned. Nobody went to look at the track. Everyone around me was surprised and pretty grumpy at such a poor decision. The track was far wetter before the meeting and also why bother with the interval when all in the grandstand could see the shower coming?

I don't know who drove the decision, although handy financially that it came after the cut off, but with four heats remaining.

It would be nice if poole management made a statement. For the simple fact there was a lot of disgruntled supporters not happy with the call off and i was one 

Interestingly no comments from Skidder yet! Poor Starman is left to defend this bad decision on his own :unsure: