British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Leicester. Prem B. Thursday 9/8/18

15 minutes ago, ray c said:

a lot of disgruntled supporters not happy

Sums up much of speedway today at a lot of tracks and not merely in this instance. Not that many ( any? ) promoters will offer an explanation of a situation. Perhaps only Redcar and the Isle of Wight

Edited by waytogo28

50 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Kind of odd as the losing team will always want it called off! 

But surely only before heat 10....?

2 hours ago, Baldyman said:

Shouldn't ford come out with a statement stating how disgusted he is with the riders and referee, as it's decisions like that..that will do damage to his business. 

He has the prat said the season starts here talks about the win over Leicester and the unfortunate call off due to rain that's it lol  

14 hours ago, Mr X said:

....More than likely Nicholls led it as some said.   

1 hour ago, Mr X said:

..........utter farce decision (likely led by Nicholls) ................  

Not a fan of Scott Nicholls then ?  Any particular reason or evidence to support your assertion ? 

1 minute ago, woofers said:

Not a fan of Scott Nicholls then ?  Any particular reason or evidence to support your assertion ? 

Cant really see why he picked out scott as the ring leader scott has always got on with the job ?

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Orbiter said:

He has the prat said the season starts here talks about the win over Leicester and the unfortunate call off due to rain that's it lol  

I guess that goes to show exactly what he thinks of his fans that felt hard done by and were booing. Maybe he chose to ignore them. Luckily for him though..they will all be back next week telling us who wonderful he is.

Re the tide issue it is a genuine problem at Poole. When the new police station which is further away by 50 mts or so was built there was one hell of an issue with the water table and tha amount of piling and concrete base that was needed was massive  simply because of the tidal issues. My office is 200 mars as the crow flies from the stadium and we have a massive pump station on site as when the tide is really at its highest we get problems.

i know that  it does cause issues at Poole it allways has and allways will at Poole we have 4 tides a massive harbour and lots of inland areas that suffer because of the tides.

why other tracks near the water don’t have  such an issue I can’t  comment on  but it’s an issue at Poole and my office 

• Like 1

A bit late on the forum today due to other priorities, so...

Yes I was disappointed with the early call off, but for those that said it was 'just a drizzle', it wasn't as those fans dashing for cover would testify.

The rules state that only the losing team can call for the Ref to inspect the track, which he did and presumably then had discussions with both captains - Hans and Josh - as required.  I've no idea what was said and can only go on what was said in the post-meeting conference which has already been alluded to - its a shame that no Leicester riders (Hans?) were at the conference to give their view. Leicester had lost the meeting, Josh had completed his 4 rides so it was no skin off his nose to continue.

I don't condone any of the booing however disgruntled fans, including myself, may have been.

What does annoy me however is that the Poole Promotion get the blame!!  My memory went back only a few weeks when I recall a meeting being called off just prior to the gates scheduled opening time at 1830 hours. Who were the opponents that night? Oh yes Leicester and Captain Hans - maybe its a trend??!!

Anyway at least for the likes of the many season ticket holders, including me, its onwards and upwards to Monday's top of the table clash with the rebels.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mediman said:

Re the tide issue it is a genuine problem at Poole. When the new police station which is further away by 50 mts or so was built there was one hell of an issue with the water table and tha amount of piling and concrete base that was needed was massive  simply because of the tidal issues. My office is 200 mars as the crow flies from the stadium and we have a massive pump station on site as when the tide is really at its highest we get problems.

i know that  it does cause issues at Poole it allways has and allways will at Poole we have 4 tides a massive harbour and lots of inland areas that suffer because of the tides.

why other tracks near the water don’t have  such an issue I can’t  comment on  but it’s an issue at Poole and my office 

Thank you Mediman, it only effects turns 3-4, but it is a genuine problem,. Moreso in the spring and Autumn, in the summer its soaked up quickly as the track dries very quickly no matter how much water you put down Thank you again mediman..

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mediman said:

Poole have ridden there for at least   50 yrs and now the tide has become an issue this season.Where has the tide been all these years ? Track preparation might be the cause of the trouble IMO .

• Like 2

Call me thick if you like but how the hell can the tide affect the track????????????

When it comes in does it cause a tsunami or something????

Bet the insurance for the houses around are expensive.  Hope the residents are good swimmers

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Phil The Ace said:

Call me thick if you like but how the hell can the tide affect the track????????????

When it comes in does it cause a tsunami or something????

Bet the insurance for the houses around are expensive.  Hope the residents are good swimmers

They might have to alter the start time of meetings to coincide with low tide!!!

28 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

A bit late on the forum today due to other priorities, so...

Yes I was disappointed with the early call off, but for those that said it was 'just a drizzle', it wasn't as those fans dashing for cover would testify.

The rules state that only the losing team can call for the Ref to inspect the track, which he did and presumably then had discussions with both captains - Hans and Josh - as required.  I've no idea what was said and can only go on what was said in the post-meeting conference which has already been alluded to - its a shame that no Leicester riders (Hans?) were at the conference to give their view. Leicester had lost the meeting, Josh had completed his 4 rides so it was no skin off his nose to continue.

I don't condone any of the booing however disgruntled fans, including myself, may have been.

What does annoy me however is that the Poole Promotion get the blame!!  My memory went back only a few weeks when I recall a meeting being called off just prior to the gates scheduled opening time at 1830 hours. Who were the opponents that night? Oh yes Leicester and Captain Hans - maybe its a trend??!!

Anyway at least for the likes of the many season ticket holders, including me, its onwards and upwards to Monday's top of the table clash with the rebels.

Doesn't really matter who was or wasn't to blame, or which track it was at even; the wider issue is that yet again the paying customer has been shat on from a great height by a British speedway track / event. People have every right to boo! It's almost like nobody in charge ir who rides really gives a toss any more.

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 1

Baldyman is sounding exactly like Gavan and trackrat.

• Like 1