British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Leicester. Prem B. Thursday 9/8/18

36 minutes ago, Mediman said:

Re the tide issue it is a genuine problem at Poole. When the new police station which is further away by 50 mts or so was built there was one hell of an issue with the water table and tha amount of piling and concrete base that was needed was massive  simply because of the tidal issues. My office is 200 mars as the crow flies from the stadium and we have a massive pump station on site as when the tide is really at its highest we get problems.

i know that  it does cause issues at Poole it allways has and allways will at Poole we have 4 tides a massive harbour and lots of inland areas that suffer because of the tides.

why other tracks near the water don’t have  such an issue I can’t  comment on  but it’s an issue at Poole and my office 

all very interesting but you are not seriously suggesting that was the reason the meeting was abandoned last night( high tide),bit like last wk saying originally that the oil was a leak from tractor engine,how stupid do they think everybody is ??

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Thank you Mediman, it only effects turns 3-4, but it is a genuine problem,. Moreso in the spring and Autumn, in the summer its soaked up quickly as the track dries very quickly no matter how much water you put down Thank you again mediman..

The track drier very quickly no matter how much water you put down, unless it's rain after heat 10 obviously

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, poole keith said:

just been told scott nicholls not the culprit seems we need to look closer to home,thanks lads!!

Who gives a toss who's to blame, I very much dought if just one person has the ability to call a meeting off anyway. 

If you're that fed up with the situation write to Poole speedway and see what they have to say.  Why not just accept the situation and if your really unhappy don't go again. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, nightshift said:

Who gives a toss who's to blame, I very much dought if just one person has the ability to call a meeting off anyway. 

If you're that fed up with the situation write to Poole speedway and see what they have to say.  Why not just accept the situation and if your really unhappy don't go again. 

That not really the answer is it most Poole supporters just want a little more openess on the situation not much to ask is it ?

I would imagine they had a good reason. Why else would they?

Perhaps they feel that they don't need to explain or that they have already done so. I don't know why it was called off. 

I assume they have stated that the track was no longer safe to carry on, just because you don't agree doesn't mean they are wrong.  

The rules to call off are, or should be,  stated in the club programme. 

Perhaps they will implement reduced admission to the next home meeting. 

The fact of the matter is it was called off. If you're not happy with that write to them see what they say. You can go around in circles forever and a day, if you've been going to speedway for any length of time you will know, I'm afraid, that is just the way it is run. 

• Like 1

I made a rare visit to Poole last night as was down in Southampton for work so thought I would go along to cheer on the Lions even though I knew we were to be turned over.

There was some quite good racing but as others have said track was bit slick to un predictable rainfall forecast. 

I can assure it was not Nicholls or Hans that wanted the meeting off more like a man who has a long surname that would be good in a game of Scrabble. From my view the ref was to blame though and do not rate Mr Robinson at all he should have been more strict with the riders and demanded more track work to be done also why did he allow the club to have the long interval

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, flagrag said:

why did he allow the club to have the long interval

Yes. Why?

What long interval? I thought the interval was actually quite short last night.

Edited by daz9100
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, poole keith said:

just been told scott nicholls not the culprit seems we need to look closer to home,thanks lads!!

No member of the home team can get a meeting called off. It has to be the away team to ask the ref for an abandonment.

5 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

No member of the home team can get a meeting called off. It has to be the away team to ask the ref for an abandonment.

Judging by how Hans Andersen was acting in the pits for Leicester on Wednesday v Swindon, refusing to get into his Kevlars. 

12 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Not true

15.11 After heat 10 in an official Team fixture, only the Team that is losing may request a track inspection, or seek abandonment of the Meeting.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Not true

15.11 After heat 10 in an official Team fixture, only the Team that is losing may request a track inspection, or seek abandonment of the Meeting.

Ok. But that still means Leicester asked for it to be called off. A shame the ref was so weak. No thought for the fans who paid good money to attend and expect 15 heats.

2 hours ago, Baldyman said:

The track drier very quickly no matter how much water you put down, unless it's rain after heat 10 obviously

Utterly clueless. Havnt you got your own team to support, or are you very keen to see us win the title because yours and others clearly have no ambition..

1 hour ago, flagrag said:

I can assure it was not Nicholls or Hans that wanted the meeting off more like a man who has a long surname that would be good in a game of Scrabble. From my view the ref was to blame though and do not rate Mr Robinson at all he should have been more strict with the riders and demanded more track work to be done also why did he allow the club to have the long interval

Why didnt he get on with it when the staff were called back. A good 5  mins after the staff were in place.. Before he stuck the 2 min light on  no other comment needed..

Edited by Starman2006