British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Leicester. Prem B. Thursday 9/8/18

8 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

A bit late on the forum today due to other priorities, so...

Yes I was disappointed with the early call off, but for those that said it was 'just a drizzle', it wasn't as those fans dashing for cover would testify.

The rules state that only the losing team can call for the Ref to inspect the track, which he did and presumably then had discussions with both captains - Hans and Josh - as required.  I've no idea what was said and can only go on what was said in the post-meeting conference which has already been alluded to - its a shame that no Leicester riders (Hans?) were at the conference to give their view. Leicester had lost the meeting, Josh had completed his 4 rides so it was no skin off his nose to continue.

I don't condone any of the booing however disgruntled fans, including myself, may have been.

What does annoy me however is that the Poole Promotion get the blame!!  My memory went back only a few weeks when I recall a meeting being called off just prior to the gates scheduled opening time at 1830 hours. Who were the opponents that night? Oh yes Leicester and Captain Hans - maybe its a trend??!!

Anyway at least for the likes of the many season ticket holders, including me, its onwards and upwards to Monday's top of the table clash with the rebels.

Are you referring to the 30th May there?

Think you will find that Danny King was Leicester captain at that time.:angry:

• Like 1

Although Scott Nicholls was one of the riders at last night's meeting and will be part hosting  the Grand Prix on BT tomorrow I will be very surprised if he will say anything about the meeting. This GP meeting will be on for three hours and there will be no comment about it although it is the most spoken topic in Speedway this week. Its as if they are two different sports

Why would he ?

How often are individual and specific British Premiership matches discussed during the GP programme?

1 hour ago, daz9100 said:

Or maybe they thought it was only going to be a short light shower which wouldn't affect things!

In the past when rain has been properly forecast they tend to push the races through. 

Given this is how it looked at 7pm last night did any of us really expect heavy rain less than 2 hours later? Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

IMG_1822_1.jpg

There's a funny thing called a 'weather forecast' and just like magic it predicts when it's going to rain!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

Havnt you got a KL thread to go on, Hmm.

What sort of reply is that? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Incidentally has anybody considered that having an interval of x minutes might be written into the rental agreement that the club has with the stadium owners?! If there hadn't been an interval there would have been the usual bleating from those that needed refreshment or needed to use the facilities - the latter being highly likely due to the average age of speedway fans.:P

Considered and rejected as stupid and clutching at straws Starman style. :DPeterborough rent their stadium and like Poole all food/drink proceeds go to the owners. Last Sunday the start was delayed because loads of people were waiting to get in so the match ran straight through with no interval.  With rain looking imminent  at Poole and no doubt this was forecast of course it made no sense to have an interval.

Edited by Gemini
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

It's entertaining! 

You call it entertaining, I'd find it embarrassing. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, OldRacer said:

Is it?

It was a question rather than a statement!! I'm sure every club that rents from a stadium owner will have a variety of different details in their rental agreements, so it would be a bit pointless comparing one with another (eg Poole v Peterborough) eh Gemini?!

BTW I note that the Leicester meeting report refers to the early stoppage being due to a 'downpour' and 'a heavy shower', rather than claims of a 'light drizzle'!!

11 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

It was a question rather than a statement!! I'm sure every club that rents from a stadium owner will have a variety of different details in their rental agreements, so it would be a bit pointless comparing one with another (eg Poole v Peterborough) eh Gemini?!

BTW I note that the Leicester meeting report refers to the early stoppage being due to a 'downpour' and 'a heavy shower', rather than claims of a 'light drizzle'!!

I am guessing that Matt Ford has incurred the wrath of the Lord and that further plagues are on their way.

1. Oil

2. Water

2 down. 8 to go.

What’s next week? 

A plague of Frogs as Swindon take all four points! :)

27 minutes ago, theblueboy said:

I am guessing that Matt Ford has incurred the wrath of the Lord and that further plagues are on their way.

1. Oil

2. Water

2 down. 8 to go.

What’s next week? 

The title of champions?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A plague of frogs if it is still too moist or a plague of sandflies, ladybirds and midges if it's too dry.

1 hour ago, theblueboy said:

1. Oil

2. Water

2 down. 8 to go.

What’s next week? 

The only plague Matt Ford has ever incurred has been one of Silverware  :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

They ain't going to say light rain postponed it, even if it did

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

So how come as has been stated elsewhere was there dust under the top layer of the track after the shower then?? If it was a 'downpour' there wouldn't have been any dust?