British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Leicester. Prem B. Thursday 9/8/18

51 minutes ago, Stoke Potter said:

Malilla GP showing what an utter joke it was to call off the Poole meeting!!!

Theres no one who disagrees with you, except a few riders. 

14 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

It was a question rather than a statement!! I'm sure every club that rents from a stadium owner will have a variety of different details in their rental agreements, so it would be a bit pointless comparing one with another (eg Poole v Peterborough) eh Gemini?!

I will answer it for you then. I doubt that even Poole's owners could insist an interval was taken at Speedway matches if  it looked like it was going to rain before the end of a match. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Gemini said:

I will answer it for you then. I doubt that even Poole's owners could insist an interval was taken at Speedway matches if  it looked like it was going to rain before the end of a match. 

Its only two idiots on here defending the actions, even Shovlar said it was a poor show and lots more have shown there anger at such a pathetic decision.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

So how come as has been stated elsewhere was there dust under the top layer of the track after the shower then?? If it was a 'downpour' there wouldn't have been any dust? 

How can anyone say there was dust after the rainfall? There was no more racing...!

Having said that, dust and rain would give no grip and make the surface like ice - which was exactly the reason given by the riders for stopping.

1 minute ago, Skidder1 said:

How can anyone say there was dust after the rainfall? There was no more racing...!

Having said that, dust and rain would give no grip and make the surface like ice - which was exactly the reason given by the riders for stopping.

Clive, there wasnt a lot of dust anyway, so how people can complain about that i will never know.

Edited by Starman2006

Normally in Oct they will take the top surface of and start the meeting. Shame the ref didn't let the track staff attempt to sort it out. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Normally in Oct they will take the top surface of and start the meeting. Shame the ref didn't let the track staff attempt to sort it out. 

Well, they  really should have given it a chance. But whats done is done, on to the big meeting tomorrow night.

13 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

This is the whole point. There needs to be a greater appetite across British speedway to provide the paying public with what they have paid for ie fifteen heats of speedway and not just ten to get a result.

19 hours ago, Stoke Potter said:

Malilla GP showing what an utter joke it was to call off the Poole meeting!!!

There was an interesting quote from Tai Woffinden last night who said "if it's raining we can't race in that, but once it's stopped we can get on with it" or words to that effect. That seems totally logical and understandable so I wonder why it isn't adopted in league racing very often.

6 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

Clive, there wasnt a lot of dust anyway, so how people can complain about that i will never know.

There wasn't massive clouds of dust but it was getting in people's eyes and spoiling the viewing, therefore it needs water.  Why you can't understand that I don't know.

• Like 1