British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Leicester. Prem B. Thursday 9/8/18

Probably because their Danes are riding in Denmark on a Wednesday??? 

Absolute farce. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SPD444 said:

So why are they riding on a Thursday?

because Leicester were riding yesterday (Wednesday). :party: and Leicester agreed to the fixture.

Anyway lets hope the track prep is similar to the last couple of meetings for this potential 'banana-skin' of a fixture.

Just as a reminder the Lions were leading upto heat 6 on their last visit, until the 8 5-1s kicked in!!

Bellego and Allen give the Lions a bit more hope....

Edited by Skidder1

Is it actually right that we should be riding tonight . I know Leicester have agreed to it and Poole are at full strength Leicester with two guest rider's one through injury and the other because of the double up rule .rye house went out of business because of fixed race nights so at the end of the day fixed race nights becomes a farce .but then last week a polish club raced on a Monday night so who knows ?

35 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

because Leicester were riding yesterday (Wednesday). :party: and Leicester agreed to the fixture.

Anyway lets hope the track prep is similar to the last couple of meetings for this potential 'banana-skin' of a fixture.

Just as a reminder the Lions were leading upto heat 6 on their last visit, until the 8 5-1s kicked in!!

Bellego and Allen give the Lions a bit more hope....

I was not aware that FRN can be ignored as long as both parties are in agreement, apologies for that.

1 hour ago, Pinny said:

Probably because their Danes are riding in Denmark on a Wednesday??? 

Absolute farce. 

Plus Harris.

10 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Rye house should have cancelled some fixtures and re arranged them for a Saturday...

Yes and there would have been a minimum 5 to 6 guest each fixtures I for one don't take my speedway serious anymore still go every meeting at Poole win or lose happy days :shock:-_-

3 minutes ago, ray c said:

Yes and there would have been a minimum 5 to 6 guest each fixtures I for one don't take my speedway serious anymore still go every meeting at Poole win or lose happy days :shock:-_-

I haven't taken speedway seriously for about 20 years..along with most other humans in the world..apart from Poland.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Looks like we have been lucky on this heavy rain coming up from the south. Just to the east of us it looks like it’s going to be raining for most of the day.

Woke up to something quite unusual. An overcast day. Hope they don’t over water the track.

A win tonight will take us up to second in the league, a point behind Swindon with 2 meetings in hand.

Is that the 2 meetings with the Robins, that you allude to?

1 hour ago, Baldyman said:

I haven't taken speedway seriously for about 20 years..along with most other humans in the world..apart from Poland.

Don't think that there's any country in the world that takes speedway more seriously than Poland. Do you object to Polish teams win at all costs attitude? :rofl:

I think the bookies have this one about right. Poole -24 or Leicester +24 at the same odds.Could be even wider.

Edited by Bald Bloke

The guests certainly strengthen Leicester. Auty and Wright wouldn’t have scored much. Auty would have been lucky to score. The replacements, if they gate, can both be quick when leading.

Happy to take a 2 point win. But feel the margin will be a bit bigger.

Allen scored 6 at reserve last time he rode at your place. I can't see him scoring any more against your current reserves.Probably more than Auty would though. Bellego should be an improvement if he turns up.

Still a very big Poole win. Certainly bigger than it would of been if the meeting was yesterday ;)

As long as we see a meeting as good as the last two, regardless of score, the fans will all go home happy again.

• Like 1