British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
teaboy279

Kent vs Plymouth

A drastically changed Kent side should now be favourites with them having to use a 3.0 unattatched rider for Webster.

Plymouth have been the surprise package for me and are a threat anywhere.

Thankfully for Kent, Boxall hit the ground running Monday. So 3 races against Perks could be very tasty.

I missed the previous visit of Plymouth as was travelling back from Warsaw on the epic coach journey but I hear Atkins was very impressive at central park.

Hampshire has made massive strides and is a key man again. And Spooner has been consistently scoring well too.

Thomas has stepped up his game and it's almost a surprise when he comes 2nd in a race now. Never gives up and has stolen many points on the line this season.

So far this term Rowe has slipped under the radar pretty much, but is always scoring 6-9 points and never gifting any away. When we have missed a heat leader this season Anders has thrived on the extra responsibility. 

O Keefe had really found some genuine form so missing him is a big loss, but in Jamie Cousins with have a likable local lad who knows the track and has the experience at this level.

Andrews is hit and miss at central park, but Dugard and RTD always seem to go well. 

In summary hopefully we get some good racing and we avoid the accidents that have marred the last 2 meetings (both with Kent in good positions against strong oppositions)

Don't think there will be a great deal in it but I think Kent should have enough to win on the night.

49 minutes ago, teaboy279 said:

A drastically changed Kent side should now be favourites with them having to use a 3.0 unattatched rider for Webster.

Plymouth have been the surprise package for me and are a threat anywhere.

Thankfully for Kent, Boxall hit the ground running Monday. So 3 races against Perks could be very tasty.

I missed the previous visit of Plymouth as was travelling back from Warsaw on the epic coach journey but I hear Atkins was very impressive at central park.

Hampshire has made massive strides and is a key man again. And Spooner has been consistently scoring well too.

Thomas has stepped up his game and it's almost a surprise when he comes 2nd in a race now. Never gives up and has stolen many points on the line this season.

So far this term Rowe has slipped under the radar pretty much, but is always scoring 6-9 points and never gifting any away. When we have missed a heat leader this season Anders has thrived on the extra responsibility. 

O Keefe had really found some genuine form so missing him is a big loss, but in Jamie Cousins with have a likable local lad who knows the track and has the experience at this level.

Andrews is hit and miss at central park, but Dugard and RTD always seem to go well. 

In summary hopefully we get some good racing and we avoid the accidents that have marred the last 2 meetings (both with Kent in good positions against strong oppositions)

Don't think there will be a great deal in it but I think Kent should have enough to win on the night.

Why would Plymouth have to track a 3.00 pt rider to cover Webster?

I would guess it would be R/R on each side for Stoneman and Webster. Home win, but with two RR’s is the curfew under threat? Hope not.

3 hours ago, Dickie Head said:

I would guess it would be R/R on each side for Stoneman and Webster. Home win, but with two RR’s is the curfew under threat? Hope not.

I'd have thought that the curfew kicking in was to Kent's advantage as the home track advantage has maximum effect early in the meeting, surely? I can't see past a comfortable Kent win in any event

Webster has not yet ridden a meeting so no facility available for him.

23 minutes ago, teaboy279 said:

Webster has not yet ridden a meeting so no facility available for him.

In Plymouths declared 1-7, had a bad accident in his comeback match, would be very harsh if facility not granted. Remember years ago Boxall doing his ankle on P&P day for Rye but thought we used R/R till he came back a few weeks into the season.

2 hours ago, iand said:

In Plymouths declared 1-7, had a bad accident in his comeback match, would be very harsh if facility not granted. Remember years ago Boxall doing his ankle on P&P day for Rye but thought we used R/R till he came back a few weeks into the season.

My understanding is a rider has to complete a meeting before a facility can be used. But as the meeting was abandoned after 8 heats and the result doesn't stand and effectively never happened. Had the meeting gone to 10 heats then obviously his one ride and withdrawal would of counted.

We all know how fluid speedway rules are, although now you 've questioned me I am thinking perhaps it counts for number 1s.

16.5.2.2 No facility is permitted to replace a rider, who although included in a Re-declaration has not
made an appearance for that Team since being re-declared.

Webster has not made an appearance yet as the meeting did not count.

4 minutes ago, teaboy279 said:

16.5.2.2 No facility is permitted to replace a rider, who although included in a Re-declaration has not
made an appearance for that Team since being re-declared.

Webster has not made an appearance yet as the meeting did not count.

You’re right officially because with the meeting being abandoned it’s as if it didn’t take place. However it’s clear and obvious to everyone what happened so I expect some dispensation here to allow Plymouth a facility. 

The meeting did not count in that it was abandoned that is true. However Webster did make an appearance that is also true. The Plymouth co-promoter says we have a facility so I'm happy with that. Even with R/R Kent start as firm favourites, but then I thought that when the Brummies came unstuck a couple of weeks back.

• Like 1

Just seen that Boxall refused a drugs test and is banned. Did that happen at the track, or earlier in the day? Also, I thought that Dugard had signed for Plymouth but is not listed as riding, and is there a facility given for Webster. 

25 minutes ago, rocket007 said:

Just seen that Boxall refused a drugs test and is banned. Did that happen at the track, or earlier in the day? Also, I thought that Dugard had signed for Plymouth but is not listed as riding, and is there a facility given for Webster. 

Given that Dugards Grandfather passed away yesterday did you expect him to be riding?

55 minutes ago, rocket007 said:

Just seen that Boxall refused a drugs test and is banned. Did that happen at the track, or earlier in the day? 

Read somewhere that when the testers were at the Isle of Wight a couple of weeks ago, they tested four riders two hours before the start and the test was for drugs and alcohol.

Edited by Dickie Head